Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Closed Thread

Old 18-01-2005, 12:30 AM   #1
SSbaby
Banned

Default Spam: New LS1 website...

4:

Hey guys,

While I'm no longer welcome at ls1.com, I thought I'd let you all know where I went (well it's only common courteousy :hihi: ).

I now moderate at http://ls1-australia.com/forum/index.php. Obviously we're in our formative stages but hopefully it won't be too long before we become a fully-fledged outfit. :jab:

If you would like to catch up for a yarn, please feel free to drop by. :monkes:

Cheers
SSbaby

PS: Nice website you have here... better than the other 'sister' site IMHO... congrats ;)
Old 18-01-2005, 12:32 AM   #2
seano14
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

what happened mate?

hope it isnt a similar thing that happened to us on the old fordforum ;)
Old 18-01-2005, 12:39 AM   #3
SSbaby
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by seano14
what happened mate?

hope it isnt a similar thing that happened to us on the old fordforum ;)
Dunno, what happened there? :Reverend:

Basically, a few of us people felt that we didn't have the right environment to bring up any discussion related to tuning... I was invited to help set up another site and while I was initially hesitant, I decided that it was the right thing to do. Needless to say, some people weren't very happy... enough said there. ;)

Cheers
Old 18-01-2005, 12:41 AM   #4
seano14
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSbaby
Dunno, what happened there? :Reverend:

Basically, a few of us people felt that we didn't have the right environment to bring up any discussion related to tuning... I was invited to help set up another site and while I was initially hesitant, I decided that it was the right thing to do. Needless to say, some people weren't very happy... enough said there. ;)

Cheers
lol alrighty, sounds a bit weird though. welcome to fordforums.com.au and hope the new forum is successful
Old 18-01-2005, 12:43 AM   #5
SSbaby
Banned

Thanks seano14 ;)

Nice signature, btw.
Old 18-01-2005, 01:26 AM   #6
XplosiveR6
Viper FG XR6 Turbo

good luck on the new site, ls1.com is a bit all over the shop i agree and doesnt have many sections at all, basically all the discusssions are jamed into one section, not very well set out.
Old 18-01-2005, 02:10 AM   #7
MessengerNFM

Quote:
Needless to say, some people weren't very happy... enough said there. ;)

Cheers
From what I read over there, the bit those guys weren't happy with you about was the fact that you went and used their own PM system to recruit members for your competing forum!! That's really lame of you to do that dude!
They told you in that thread to just post questions in the Tech forum and they'd look at how much % of question was on tuning. If there was heaps then they mmight start the extra section you wanted. But you chucked a hissy and said you wouldn't post over there anymore. Then came back on again soon after as thought it was all fine. But all you were doing was sending their members PM's to advertsie your new site. Don't say you didn't coz I saw one of them. Someone need a lesson in morals dude!

Old 18-01-2005, 02:18 AM   #8
tickford2001
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

this isnt aimed at anyone in particular, just a general warning:

please keep posts under control - no personal attacks on other members...whether its warranted or not

and we do not want to see any "site wars" either, im sure they are both great sites (well as far as dark side sites go! :hihi and we welcome members from both sites to our forums, so long as they are prepared to post in line with our site terms and conditions...

so play nice fellas

dave
Old 18-01-2005, 02:29 AM   #9
MessengerNFM

I'll play nice ... I just thought that it needed to be clarified since the first post had people confused thinking he got booted coz he posted about tuning, or that there was a similar thing going on to what happened between ff.com and ff.com.au . Things still look cool over at the Aus LS1 forums to me and life is still going on as normal

Last edited by MessengerNFM; 18-01-2005 at 02:31 AM.

Old 18-01-2005, 08:57 AM   #10
Laminge
Cuban... nothing like it

Are there any problems with the site, getting error messages
Old 18-01-2005, 08:58 AM   #11
xceler8shun
Ford Fanatic

is it me or has the new LS1 site been hacked?

http://ls1-australia.com/ <------ Command Tribulation [ hacking for jesus ]

http://ls1-australia.com/forum/index.php <------ could not connect to database
Old 18-01-2005, 10:27 AM   #12
HRT8
Big Fella

I think MessengerNFM has summed up the due process correctly.
Old 18-01-2005, 10:33 AM   #13
SSbaby
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by MessengerNFM
From what I read over there, the bit those guys weren't happy with you about was the fact that you went and used their own PM system to recruit members for your competing forum!! That's really lame of you to do that dude!
They told you in that thread to just post questions in the Tech forum and they'd look at how much % of question was on tuning. If there was heaps then they mmight start the extra section you wanted. But you chucked a hissy and said you wouldn't post over there anymore. Then came back on again soon after as thought it was all fine. But all you were doing was sending their members PM's to advertsie your new site. Don't say you didn't coz I saw one of them. Someone need a lesson in morals dude!
Well, well, what have we here? :

Some of your members also supported the need to provide a suitable environment to discuss tuning related issues. We discussed certain issues through your PM facitity - nothing wrong with a number of unhappy members communicating with each other in that manner. You chose to lock the thread because... err, you wanted to... err...? :countdown

What is quite lame is the fact that one of your people did a good job on hacking into our site because, I gather, you do not want to see a 'rival' LS1 website succeed. : You don't have to be Einstein to read between the lines.

: For those who must know, the religious message is the result of the successful 'hit' we took.

Cheers
Old 18-01-2005, 11:16 AM   #14
SSbaby
Banned

One more thing...

For those who've read some of my contributions over the last few years on ls1.com.au, you would know that I was a very loyal fan of the site. I wanted to see further improvement there but the term, 'freedom of speech' was missing from their lexicon. If my website fails to get off the ground, there are enough people out there with similar views to mine who would be willing to recreate another site... you can't suppress everyone's opinion... 'for the people have spoken'.
Old 18-01-2005, 11:44 AM   #15
Polyal
Virtuous Bogan (TM)
Donating Member2

bloody hell whats going on with all these forum wars??...lol

haha.."hacking for jesus". That could only be a yank!
  • 1999 Lexus IS200 - 1G-FE Turbo 6MT
  • 1973 ZF Ford Fairlane
Old 18-01-2005, 12:10 PM   #16
SSbaby
Banned

After an amicable discussion with strife, I feel I should offer an apology to the ls1.com.au crew for implying that their members may have been responsible for the hack attack. It appears as though it was in fact a random attack that coincidentally also affected our site... again! Yes, the timing was poor!

Cheers
Old 18-01-2005, 05:31 PM   #17
rodderz

Not good either way tony!

Best of luck with the new site anyway...can i ask who it was you set it up with?
Old 18-01-2005, 06:38 PM   #18
SSbaby
Banned

Not good? it: Yeah I know what you mean :

Yes you can ask... but I respect the person's privacy, err, can't really say... :dj:
Old 18-01-2005, 07:09 PM   #19
XA-Coupe
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

got to love phpBB2 ... did you use an old version ?? I thought the new one was 'fixed'
Old 18-01-2005, 07:22 PM   #20
xdc351
X-Series Club Moderator

It got 'fixed' alright.... whats the definition of an upgrade? "Take old bugs out, put new bugs in!"

Hope the site goes well for you.
Old 18-01-2005, 07:24 PM   #21
XA-Coupe
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

you don't get much for nothing I spose
Old 18-01-2005, 08:35 PM   #22
MessengerNFM

Quote:
Well, well, what have we here? :

Some of your members also supported the need to provide a suitable environment to discuss tuning related issues. We discussed certain issues through your PM facitity - nothing wrong with a number of unhappy members communicating with each other in that manner. You chose to lock the thread because... err, you wanted to... err...? :countdown

What is quite lame is the fact that one of your people did a good job on hacking into our site because, I gather, you do not want to see a 'rival' LS1 website succeed. : You don't have to be Einstein to read between the lines.

: For those who must know, the religious message is the result of the successful 'hit' we took.

Cheers
Mate, I don't know why you keep saying "your site" as though it's mine
:
I'd LOVE to run the thing 'cause I sometimes wanna say stuff to idiots on there but the Mods would probably ban me! : I'd like to be able to lock an unlock threads and edit posts too. That would be cool.
An whaddya mean "discussed certain things" through the PM facility? The PM my mate showed me (I dunno if it was sent to him by you directly or passed on from someone you did send it to) was a straight up advert for your forum. There wasn't any discussion in it at all :
I don't post much on LS1.com.au but I still like to read all the info. Is your new forum gunna be about other stuff too or just tuning? My VY needs an edit bad but I can't afford it. Can only just afford to keep it on the road while the wife is off work taking care of the new bub (3months old). May end up having to sell it :(
Good to see you apologise about the hacking accusation, paranoia is a worry dude Lots of phpBB forums getting hammered by hackers lately ... mungrels.

P.S. Forgot to say, best of luck with the forum dude. Even though I don't like your tactics, any source of more info on these cars is fine by me - especially if it don't cost me nothing :

Last edited by MessengerNFM; 18-01-2005 at 10:57 PM.

Old 18-01-2005, 11:54 PM   #23
SSbaby
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by MessengerNFM
Mate, I don't know why you keep saying "your site" as though it's mine
:
I'd LOVE to run the thing 'cause I sometimes wanna say stuff to idiots on there but the Mods would probably ban me! : I'd like to be able to lock an unlock threads and edit posts too. That would be cool.
An whaddya mean "discussed certain things" through the PM facility? The PM my mate showed me (I dunno if it was sent to him by you directly or passed on from someone you did send it to) was a straight up advert for your forum. There wasn't any discussion in it at all :
I don't post much on LS1.com.au but I still like to read all the info. Is your new forum gunna be about other stuff too or just tuning? My VY needs an edit bad but I can't afford it. Can only just afford to keep it on the road while the wife is off work taking care of the new bub (3months old). May end up having to sell it :(
Good to see you apologise about the hacking accusation, paranoia is a worry dude Lots of phpBB forums getting hammered by hackers lately ... mungrels.

P.S. Forgot to say, best of luck with the forum dude. Even though I don't like your tactics, any source of more info on these cars is fine by me - especially if it don't cost me nothing :

Come on Zoro, time to be unmasked. It's unmistakably you, Justice R8. Let's just say I'm good at reading your handwriting. ;)

This stuff is sort of getting tiring... and you were warned by the mods here not to let things slip... You always seem to get away with it on LS1 but I don't like your chances here.
Old 19-01-2005, 12:26 AM   #24
HOON69
Banned

tisk tisk ppl's its all good you's are moving on but here isnt the place for it..

get on withnthe task ahead and yeah hopefully both sites will continue with success,wish ya's the best of luck with it all..

cheers
Closed Thread