Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Mondeo

Old 01-05-2019, 07:36 PM   #1
Womble99

Default Map version

What is the current map version available? Is it the 2019 version yet?

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk
Womble99 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-05-2019, 09:58 AM   #2
asteele-xr6

Default Re: Map version

My Mondeo was serviced in Oct 2018 and was upgraded to "ANZ 1 16", I haven't heard of anything having been released since then - but it's a good question.

My next service is in a couple of months time...
asteele-xr6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-05-2019, 10:05 AM   #3
Womble99

Do different models get different maps? I have had a focus hire car with ANZ 1 17, but my mondeo also has the 16 version.

Old 02-05-2019, 10:06 AM   #4
asteele-xr6

I doubt that they have different maps, and I believe that for all vehicles running Sync3 the maps are going to be identical.

I shall be sure to ask for ANZ 1 17 at my next service then!

(although, I do run Waze 99% of the time anyway!)
Old 02-05-2019, 10:09 AM   #5
Womble99

I would have thought if a 17 map was out then the 18 version must be either out or close by now?

Old 02-05-2019, 05:20 PM   #6
thebigd

If there's a 17 map out, I would suggest it's a recent update. I've still got ANZ 1 16, but the Mondeo hasn't been to a dealer for around 10 months. You would assume all AU Sync 3's would be running the same maps, as asteele pointed out above. Release dates may be defined by model though.
How long ago were you in the Focus, Womble ?
thebigd is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-05-2019, 05:28 PM   #7
Womble99

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebigd View Post
If there's a 17 map out, I would suggest it's a recent update. I've still got ANZ 1 16, but the Mondeo hasn't been to a dealer for around 10 months. You would assume all AU Sync 3's would be running the same maps, as asteele pointed out above. Release dates may be defined by model though.
How long ago were you in the Focus, Womble ?
I was in the focus today
Also found that my mondeo is in the half that won't accept an update

Old 02-05-2019, 05:45 PM   #8
thebigd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Womble99 View Post
Also found that my mondeo is in the half that won't accept an update
What do you mean by this ?
Old 02-05-2019, 05:51 PM   #9
Womble99

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebigd View Post
What do you mean by this ?
I asked my Ford dealer if he could update my maps, answer was unfortunately it failed due to the software issue with sync 3

Old 02-05-2019, 08:55 PM   #10
GTLEGEND
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Every advice post I visit where OP are seeking advice for their new vehicle, he is there and adds valuable support and advice for rectifying the problem. Really is a Legend. Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: The quality of information he provides is in depth and highly valued by those posting questions. 

SYNC3 Version 2.0, 2.2 or 2.3 need to be updated to V3.0 to be able to accept the latest map update ANZ 1 18, dealer should be aware of this. If you have the newer V3.2 or 3.3 SYNC version which came out in Oct 2018 on build vehicles, then the map update is not available yet (really not due until vehicle is 12 months old and at the first minor service).

You can check the SYNC3 level in system settings>about.

All SYNC3 vehicles get the same update no matter what vehicle it is.
GTLEGEND is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 02-05-2019, 08:56 PM   #11
GTLEGEND
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Every advice post I visit where OP are seeking advice for their new vehicle, he is there and adds valuable support and advice for rectifying the problem. Really is a Legend. Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: The quality of information he provides is in depth and highly valued by those posting questions. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Womble99 View Post
I asked my Ford dealer if he could update my maps, answer was unfortunately it failed due to the software issue with sync 3

What dealer was this and what version SYNC3 do you have, see my post below..
Old 02-05-2019, 09:23 PM   #12
asteele-xr6

My Mondeo is Sept 2016 model, and is running Sync3 v3.0 build 18093 - this version has been around since May 2018, so everyone should be on it by now ... I think that the current models are running Sync3 v3.3, which older models cant run. Not sure on any differences between them though.
Old 02-05-2019, 10:08 PM   #13
Martyvan
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Mine was serviced today.... will check version numbers in the morning... (had the upgrade sticker on it....)
Martyvan is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-05-2019, 06:47 PM   #14
thebigd

Quote:
Originally Posted by asteele-xr6 View Post
I think that the current models are running Sync3 v3.3, which older models cant run.
Hi asteele.
I'm interested to know more about this. Is there a cut off point by build date or model ? Would hate to think my 01/18 18.25 is already too old to accept the latest Sync 3 version.

Last edited by thebigd; 03-05-2019 at 06:53 PM.
Old 03-05-2019, 07:51 PM   #15
asteele-xr6

My Mondeo is Sept 2016 model, and is running Sync3 v3.0 build 18093, what does yours have?
Old 03-05-2019, 07:55 PM   #16
thebigd

Quote:
My Mondeo is Sept 2016 model, and is running Sync3 v3.0 build 18093, what does yours have?
Same.
Old 05-06-2019, 10:36 AM   #17
asteele-xr6

Received free map update to "ANZ 1 18" at my 60,000km service yesterday
Old 05-06-2019, 05:59 PM   #18
thebigd

Good to know it's available. Thank you...
Old 10-07-2019, 10:11 AM   #19
warkus
Starter Motor

Hello all,

Just wanted to throw a big thank you out there for the info here. First time on this forum, am new here...

I recently purchased a demo (no previous owner) MY17.5 2.0T Trend from John Hughes in Perth. Despite them servicing it 2 days before I picked it up (15k Service), the Sync version and maps were out of date. It had Sync 3 v2.3 on it and ANZ 1 15 maps.

I rang the service department last week asking them to update the maps being as it was only just serviced before I picked it up - and being as it wont be back to get another service for a year. Going up towards Burns Beach Road after I collected the car the first obvious point was that it didn't even know any of the freeway exits up that way. I was pretty sure there had to be an update by now.

None the less I was told that if there was it would have been done as part of the service so there was obviously none for my car. After a quick google search, I found this thread and forum, First thing I see above is the prerequisite of Sync 3 v3.0 to get the newer ANZ 1 18 maps.

So I created an owners profile on the ford website, downloaded the update and applied it. Once at Sync 3 V3.0, I took it back to the service center yesterday and asked them to check again.

They did so very kindly with the information I had from here (very surprised that their own tech's didn't know that already but meh...). I now have ANZ 1 18 maps and am happy to report that a lot more of Perth's new and changing landscape is now included.

Sooooo, thanks so much for the info. Greatly appreciated.
warkus is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
5 users like this post:
Old 03-09-2019, 05:07 PM   #20
thebigd

I got the 1 18 map update installed on Friday with the 3000k service. Had to push for it as this service is complimentary, not scheduled. Also got the oil and filter changed. These items I supplied myself. Was charged $72 labour, which I'm ok with.
Old 10-03-2020, 06:58 PM   #21
ramanarneja
Starter Motor

My 2017 Ford Everest was recently serviced (March 2020) and the version of the maps is still "ANZ 1 15". Dealer response was that there are no updates available. Also, they said that sync needs to be updated to version 3.2 for any map updates. Whereas when I contacted Ford they advised that the latest Sync version is 3.0 which I have and there are no further updates for Sync.
Has anyone able to get Sync to update 3.2 through the ford owner dashboard. And what's the version of the lastest map.
So far Dealer and Ford have been unhelpful and just pushing me to each other to get a solution.
ramanarneja is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-03-2020, 07:04 PM   #22
GTLEGEND
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramanarneja View Post
My 2017 Ford Everest was recently serviced (March 2020) and the version of the maps is still "ANZ 1 15". Dealer response was that there are no updates available. Also, they said that sync needs to be updated to version 3.2 for any map updates. Whereas when I contacted Ford they advised that the latest Sync version is 3.0 which I have and there are no further updates for Sync.
Has anyone able to get Sync to update 3.2 through the ford owner dashboard. And what's the version of the lastest map.
So far Dealer and Ford have been unhelpful and just pushing me to each other to get a solution.
SYNC3 V3.0 accepts the latest map update to ANZ 1.19, you cant update 3.0 to 3.2. SYNC3 V 3.2 is a different hardware level to 3.0 and uses a different map update to 3.0. Where are you located and which dealer did you go to? What the dealer has told you is incorrect.
2 users like this post:
Old 10-03-2020, 07:27 PM   #23
ramanarneja
Starter Motor

I am located in Melbourne (northern suburbs). The dealer was Bayford Epping and they had no idea whats the latest version of maps. All they showed me is a USB stick labeled sync 3.2 and when they use that it is not updating anything.
Old 10-03-2020, 07:56 PM   #24
GTLEGEND
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
I am located in Melbourne (northern suburbs). The dealer was Bayford Epping and they had no idea whats the latest version of maps. All they showed me is a USB stick labeled sync 3.2 and when they use that it is not updating anything.
That stick would have been grey in colour, the 3.0 stick is black..
Old 10-03-2020, 07:58 PM   #25
ramanarneja
Starter Motor

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTLEGEND View Post
That stick would have been grey in colour, the 3.0 stick is black..
It was black. But label has I think sync 3.2 v 1 or something like.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
Old 10-03-2020, 08:17 PM   #26
asteele-xr6

There are two very different updates for SYNC.

The first is the maps update, ANZ 1 19 is the latest version, and all vehicles can take this update.

The second update is to the SYNC system itself, the latest vehicles are on 3.2, previous years on 3.0 . Both of these software versions have different build numbers, which basically is the most recent version of the software. There are lots of builds of version 3.0, and you want to run the most recent one. It is very hard to tell the difference between all the builds, they all look virtually identical. A build from 2+ years ago may not have run AndroidAuto or Apple CarPlay as smoothly as the current build - as a rough example.

The Map updates have to be done by the dealer, and mine always did it for free when the annual service was done.

The software build updates can be done by yourself, using the Wifi update method or following instructions from the Ford user website; where you will need to register your vehicle VIN details and download your update onto a USB.

I hope that this helps!
Old 10-03-2020, 08:36 PM   #27
GTLEGEND
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
It was black. But label has I think sync 3.2 v 1 or something like.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
The black 3.2 USB is the old 2018/19 update for 1.17 maps.

There are two new 2019/2020 map update USB. Grey 3.0 V19/20 for SYNC 3.0 and SYNC 3.1 vehicles. Now if you have a vehicle with SYNC less than 3.0, the SYNC system will need to be update to 3.0 before the latest map can be installed. If its already at 3.0 or 3.1, then it will work straight away. Black 3.2 19/20 USB is for vehicles sith SYNC 3.2, 3.3 or 3.4, how ever if the vehicle has 3.2, then it will need to be updated to 3.3 or 3.4 pending on hardware level and then then USB will work. If the vehicle is at 3.3 or 3.4 already, the USB will work straight away.

Hopefully I have explained it ok. Sounds like the dealer has no idea!
Old 10-03-2020, 08:42 PM   #28
ramanarneja
Starter Motor

I updated Sync to v 3.0 in Feb 2020. As per the ford owner's portal, I have the latest sync version installed. I also confirmed this by contacting Ford customer help today. Although I think the dealer has no idea what they are doing because they can't update maps from "ANZ 1 15" to "ANZ 1 19". The car was serviced on Saturday and i went back today still no outcome.
Old 31-03-2020, 05:36 PM   #29
thebigd

Quote:
ANZ 1 19 is the latest version, and all vehicles can take this update.
So you're certain 1 19 is now available ?
I get mine serviced by a local mechanic, but will take it to Motorama when there's a map update available. I'm still on 1 18.
Old 31-03-2020, 06:53 PM   #30
adyadad

I'm still on 1 16. It wasn't updated last service when an upgrade was available.
I'm boycotting Bayford Bundoora. Not only did they use the wrong oil, the (admittedly complementary) roadside service lapsed prior to the end of the warranty period. I needed it on the weekend but it wasn't current.
adyadad is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post