Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 15-07-2019, 01:56 PM   #11
prydey
Rob

Default Re: The Camping Thread

Apologies for the picture heavy post. Even then, it just can't do the Grampians justice. hopefully it won't be 2 years between visits next time.

My favourite sign at the park (which I didn't get a picture of) was on the exit, which said 'Travelling leaves you speechless and then makes you a story teller'. So so true.

Anyway, here's a picture story of our stay.
The facilities really were better than some apartments I've stayed in. Heated at all times. Music playing. Only thing they can't control is the feral element in society, so like any shared facility, it was often left in less than desirable condition for the next person (mainly the toilets).

view from our site. we were on the perimeter of the park, but there are no fences. simply awesome. That paddock is usually covered in 'roos as well.

Some more local wildlife. I didn't try to get too close to these guys.

Views from top of Mt William. Tallest peak in Grampians (and western vic I believe). Windy as hell up the top. 2km walk from the carpark to the summit up a bitumen service rd, but very steep in parts. I'd guess a gradient close to 20% in parts. Took us 45min mainly due to the 10yr old

view from the camp kitchen area. Everywhere you look is stunning views.

random rock formation on one of the walks.

Plenty of wildlife. We bought some sunflower seeds from the supermarket. The cockies got a bit aggressive though so had to be careful. They would literally bite your ankles trying to get your attention. we all have some nice reminders. Feeding the Rosella's was cool.

Mackenzie Falls

Balconies

If you have kids that are after a 'thrill a minute' type holiday, then Halls Gap probably won't offer you very much (although there is a Big4 park there) but for those wanting to enjoy the Flora and Fauna and scenery etc, this is a must visit place.