Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Ford Forums Central > Site Support

Site Support If something isn't working or you have a suggestion ( a nice one !! ) let us know here.

Old 13-07-2008, 10:52 PM   #61
Laminge
Cuban... nothing like it

Quote:
Originally Posted by Falcon_Phill
250K is ridiculous for any site. Regardless if most people have ADSL or not, thats like site-suicide having a logo that big.

If you were going to go that route, it would be best to keep them all JPG's and use a rotating script that has nothing to do with a gif. The script calls random images no matter what they are, from a specific list.

I would suggest who ever does it, if it gets done, to do it properly, or hire someone who can actually do it, to do it. Images that aren't cropped out properly, and are chopped off, blurry and skewed as they currently are don't look very professional.

Hi Mate

I read this reply and thought, well - what a rude tossa, then had a look at the user name and remembered that I did meet you some time ago and your not really a tossa at all...

Might be the tone, the lack of body language and all in the post, but rather than take on board what your saying I tend to ignore it.

The banner has served its purpose well, regardless of its imperfections, but the chances of us paying someone to redesign it are slim to none.

Hopefully the talent on this site can help when the time calls for it, some of those users that take for granted the effort it takes to run the site can still sit back in their own warmth of ignorant bliss, whilst others can go out on a limb and offer either constructive criticism or actual solutions.
Laminge is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-07-2008, 11:06 PM   #62
bob 351
MIGHTY MAGPIES 2010

Location: yarram se vic in the shed listening to pinkfloyd and rubbing panels

um as far as a rotation goes why not put members cars up i mean the better ones members car would have to be submited for say a month and of course you would have to blank out the rego plates
bob 351 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-07-2008, 11:26 PM   #63
Falcon_Phill
1967 XR Falcon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laminge
Hi Mate

I read this reply and thought, well - what a rude tossa, then had a look at the user name and remembered that I did meet you some time ago and your not really a tossa at all...

Might be the tone, the lack of body language and all in the post, but rather than take on board what your saying I tend to ignore it.

The banner has served its purpose well, regardless of its imperfections, but the chances of us paying someone to redesign it are slim to none.

Hopefully the talent on this site can help when the time calls for it, some of those users that take for granted the effort it takes to run the site can still sit back in their own warmth of ignorant bliss, whilst others can go out on a limb and offer either constructive criticism or actual solutions.
I wasn't always like this, its pretty much how my boss talks to me when I show him designs with small imperfections, it kind of rubs off. :

I'd help, but I've mentioned things like these in previous versions of this thread. The general consensus was always that it was fine, and never needed changing. If you wanted to go the random picture route, I'd definitely help. It'd be great to see some of the early birds up there too.

I know its been there for a while and its well recognized, but it could be so much more. I'm sure, somehow, the Australian flag, some old fords and new could be incorporated to make it look great. But like I said, usually when it comes down to it, it gets left as is.
Old 14-07-2008, 08:43 AM   #64
Laminge
Cuban... nothing like it

Appreciate that Phil

I know we had settled on a design after the last poll that Wulos had run, and the concept itself was sound.

I will deffinately include you in the loop if your happy to do so
Old 14-07-2008, 09:18 AM   #65
Mechan1k
Donating Member1

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Brings a wealth of knowledge to the forums and is frequently giving helpful advice. Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Always willing to help out with technical information. 

Getting the images to be a small file size and keep the rotation up would be a challenge ... it would ned to be thought out well.

I do like what Big Pete did ... the background was kept clean and the image could be changed for different vehicles without too much editing by the looks of it ... might even between to rotate the vehicle image without having to adjust the banner too much.

I guess it comes down to image sizing though ... and trying not to lose image quality too much either.
Mechan1k is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-07-2008, 08:50 PM   #66
US kills Falcon

FAF have already updated their banner to show the latest FG model.
US kills Falcon is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-07-2008, 08:57 PM   #67
Professor Farnsworth
Fossil fuel consumer

Location: Mod For: Pub, Bar, Sales Yard, Show 'N Shine, Photoshop, AU to BF, FG to FGX, Territory & Sports Bar
Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Many years of valuable contributions to the forum, including some superb build threads. 

good for them!
Professor Farnsworth is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-07-2008, 10:41 PM   #68
ThePistonHead
Shame Holden, Shame

FAF's banner is not very original IMO, they just used the press images.

EFII "XR8" Fairmont V8 185KW ELII XR8 engine, box & exhaust|Dual Fuel|Tints|FTR's|Factory bodykit |K&N panel filter|Interior LED Conversion|Leather steering wheel|Slotted rotors|Ghia wood + chrome|Subwoofer|

METALLICA
ThePistonHead is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-07-2008, 10:44 PM   #69
DoreSlamR
Fiat POWAAH!

<<< Brilliant idea! *cough*

Quote:
Originally Posted by b2tf
Instead of having specific models should we consider something like a closeup of a Ford badge on a grille etc - something thats recognisable as a Ford part but is not so "model specific"
DoreSlamR is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-07-2008, 11:04 PM   #70
Falcon_Phill
1967 XR Falcon

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoreSlamR
<<< Brilliant idea! *cough*
You still might have the image cut off problem if it goes that way, unless it gets faded off.
Old 15-07-2008, 02:13 AM   #71
CFOUR
The Destroyer

the banner does look a tad outdated.
not that im a turbo guy, but the should be some form of turbo in it.
Old 15-07-2008, 05:55 PM   #72
Falcon Coupe
Clevo Mafia Inc.

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: The exceptional contribution made to AFF over an extended period of time. Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Your tireless efforts behind the scenes in keeping AFF the place it is. 

I'd like to see the latest model on the banner, that way it's updated every few years and would stop arguments over which model should be shown.
Falcon Coupe is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-07-2008, 07:58 PM   #73
DJM83
Barra Turbo > V8
Donating Member3

Quote:
Originally Posted by US kills Falcon
FAF have already updated their banner to show the latest FG model.
Off you go then
- Twin 2.5" Stainless Exhaust
- Antz Turboside Intake
- CCForged Phatlux wheels
DJM83 is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-07-2008, 08:13 PM   #74
Peuty
Afterburner + skids =
Donating Member1

Quote:
Appreciate that Phil

I know we had settled on a design after the last poll that Wulos had run, and the concept itself was sound.

I will deffinately include you in the loop if your happy to do so
Speaking of that poll, what did the results end up being?

Does anyone have a link to that thread lying about?

Oo\===/oO
Peuty is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-07-2008, 10:48 PM   #75
US kills Falcon

Quote:
Originally Posted by 51RTE
Off you go then
I am a member of both forums. But I no longer make the mistake of using the same name.
US kills Falcon is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-07-2008, 11:27 PM   #76
Laminge
Cuban... nothing like it

Not half obvious though, posting styles never change

Maybe with a prod though and color of red hey!
Old 16-07-2008, 01:51 AM   #77
Falc'man
You dig, we stick!

Quote:
Not half obvious though, posting styles never change

Maybe with a prod though and color of red hey!
On that note can we have a pic of the last of the straight sixes on the banner morphing into a V6?
Old 16-07-2008, 10:38 AM   #78
Falcon_Phill
1967 XR Falcon

That'd definitely kill file size. Unless it was in flash
Old 16-07-2008, 09:57 PM   #79
DJM83
Barra Turbo > V8
Donating Member3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Falc'man
On that note can we have a pic of the last of the straight sixes on the banner morphing into a V6?
Thank god it wasnt only be that was getting annoyed by it :
- Twin 2.5" Stainless Exhaust
- Antz Turboside Intake
- CCForged Phatlux wheels
DJM83 is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-07-2008, 04:21 PM   #80
HLC
Audi S3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peuty
Speaking of that poll, what did the results end up being?

Does anyone have a link to that thread lying about?
i won it and gained donating member status lol. the thread is kicking around in the bar somewhere. and for reference, this is the banner that one... a gif, which was proof of concept that you oculd have rolling images such as this : just you would use flash or something other than gif's.

i also had it with an FG ghosted in the background instead of the ford logo but whatever

Old 17-07-2008, 08:27 PM   #81
Falcon Coupe
Clevo Mafia Inc.

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: The exceptional contribution made to AFF over an extended period of time. Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Your tireless efforts behind the scenes in keeping AFF the place it is. 

Why do you have a GT ute in there ? They were never made.
Falcon Coupe is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-07-2008, 08:32 PM   #82
Peuty
Afterburner + skids =
Donating Member1

Haha now I remember.

I didn't vote for it.

Oo\===/oO
Peuty is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-07-2008, 09:59 PM   #83
ThePistonHead
Shame Holden, Shame

I don't suppose anybody else has had a go at a design?

EFII "XR8" Fairmont V8 185KW ELII XR8 engine, box & exhaust|Dual Fuel|Tints|FTR's|Factory bodykit |K&N panel filter|Interior LED Conversion|Leather steering wheel|Slotted rotors|Ghia wood + chrome|Subwoofer|

METALLICA
Old 24-08-2008, 07:37 PM   #84
TC200six
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by HLC
That is good! Except it needs an FG and that XY Ute could go as there wasn't such thing as a GT Ute.
TC200six is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-08-2008, 08:48 PM   #85
ThePistonHead
Shame Holden, Shame

Ahh this thread is back from the dead!

Are we actually going to get ourselves a new banner, mods?

Cheers
TPH

METALLICA
Old 24-08-2008, 09:16 PM   #86
TC200six
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePistonHead
Off topic, but that is a hilarious animation on your avatar! Love it
I noticed that "La Rust Administrator" with the Thunderbird avatar was gone. I had a look at it and laughed my head off

Yeah, yeah okay...
Will there be a banner change or not? It does look a little out-dated without an FG.
TC200six is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-08-2008, 09:23 PM   #87
Mechan1k
Donating Member1

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Brings a wealth of knowledge to the forums and is frequently giving helpful advice. Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Always willing to help out with technical information. 

Maybe ... when the nice admins get a little bit of time out of their bus schedules to implement it ... other than that ... they are fairly busy with the upkeep of the forums on a day-to-day basis.

A banner is just cosmetic really ... and may be changed as time goes on when (and when time permits).

Although I can safely say ... nagging won't help your cause though.
Mechan1k is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-09-2008, 10:17 PM   #88
Danny
GT4.

I don't post here often since getting French Fever but I really enjoy reading the forums here still. Take the boy outta the ford but not the ford outta the boy, and I've been reading this thread with keen interest. The best BY FAR and the most professional and beneficial banner to Ford Forums is without doubt the Big Pete Idea.. The clean white background with a high res ramdomised position pic of the most classic fords (and the newer hero cars in STOCK FORM!!!), rotating with each refresh of the page.

Brilliant. I can't see why this won't do.. It looks fantastic, professional and tasteful. Sorry HLC. Not a fan of that, but a: As said the GT ute is not a stock ford, and neither is the Green Terry with the Darth Vader Kit on it (no offence at all LaMinge, I think it looks Brill but clearly not factory!!)

-Danny
Danny is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-09-2008, 05:48 AM   #89
68XTFairmont

I haven't seen any banner ideas with a 95 Mondeo in it :(

Seriously though who really looks at the banner all day??? You open the page you are after and read the threads not the banner.

I used to run a forum that was about 1000th the size of these forums and had a hard enough time keeping on top of all the spammers and other crap going on without worrying about changing banners. I am sure that change will happen when it is due and time permits.

Now who do I send the Mondeo pics to??? lmao
68XTFairmont is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-11-2008, 02:09 PM   #90
ThePistonHead
Shame Holden, Shame

Just found the banners from the competition held previously if anybody is interested.

http://www.fordforums.com.au/photos/...y.php?cat=2042

METALLICA