Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Mondeo

Old 08-01-2008, 02:20 PM   #31
Bossxr8
Peter Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by vztrt
Fair enough, I thought it was big for a mid size but always thought the Falcon was bigger.

You seem to have more contacts at Ford (unfortunatly my marketing contact is no longer there), do you have any idea if a Manual will be available for the Mondeo?
Very little info on imported stuff really so I couldn't tell you. It may happen a bit later if Ford decide to expand the line up when they can get a better allocation, but there is also a DSG box on the way for Focus which should also become available for Mondeo some time in the future.
Bossxr8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-01-2008, 02:59 PM   #32
vztrt
IWCMOGTVM Club Supporter

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: vztrt is one of the most consistent and respected contributors to AFF, I have found his contributions are most useful to discussion as well as answering members queries. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bossxr8
Very little info on imported stuff really so I couldn't tell you. It may happen a bit later if Ford decide to expand the line up when they can get a better allocation, but there is also a DSG box on the way for Focus which should also become available for Mondeo some time in the future.

No prob, thanks.
If you do find out and can remember the thread let me know.
vztrt is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-01-2008, 08:08 PM   #33
waggaclint
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

have you had a look at a subaru liberty they are also pretty good and have excellent safety and resale....
waggaclint is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-01-2008, 08:31 PM   #34
ivorya
Mad Scientist!

Quote:
Originally Posted by waggaclint
have you had a look at a subaru liberty they are also pretty good and have excellent safety and resale....
My neighbour has one. He's a mechanic and after talking to him about it he wouldn't buy one again. Whilst he likes the car, he doesn't like the very small boot with 2 kids he feels this is important, but unfortunaltly his wife one this battle.

Another thing he has told me, in the service guide there's infomation missing (deliberately) by subaru about what they do in their servicing. In the beginning, he'd service the car himself but has found out they give the heads a Chemical Clean every so many 10K km. ( basically clean the carbin deposits from the valves, i believe theres been a few threads on hear telling people easy ways to do it themselves) After a service this particular time, his wife, at the shops, basically stalled the car in the intersection, tried to start it, and it nearly shook itself to bits. cost them an arm and a leg to get it to the service department where they were charged basically full service $$$.
ivorya is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-01-2008, 09:57 PM   #35
monkeyboy666

And I still cringe when I remember back in 2000 replacing a rear wheel bearing on my 1991 Liberty... the bearing alone cost $550!
monkeyboy666 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-01-2008, 10:38 PM   #36
zetec
Zoom Zoom

Has she considered a Focus Zetec sedan in manual, with leather and an aftermarket sunroof? Huge boot, plenty of space, 5 star safety, great handling, better performance and economy than a base mondeo...
Old 09-01-2008, 10:16 AM   #37
vztrt
IWCMOGTVM Club Supporter

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: vztrt is one of the most consistent and respected contributors to AFF, I have found his contributions are most useful to discussion as well as answering members queries. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by waggaclint
Yeah were gonna have a look at one on the weekend.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zetec
Has she considered a Focus Zetec sedan in manual, with leather and an aftermarket sunroof? Huge boot, plenty of space, 5 star safety, great handling, better performance and economy than a base mondeo...
Yeah sorta had a look, but the styling (inside and out) is pretty ordinary. If the car looked like the 09 version XR5 then it prob would be in consideration.
vztrt is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post