Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Mondeo

Old 14-02-2008, 02:43 PM   #1
GRT046
Mondeo TDCi

Default Mondeo TDCi vs The Rest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steffo
That doesn't make any sense at all? Because some Bogans don't know a world exists outside the Ford Falcon the Mondeo not being as efficient as the Passat 2.0 TDI, Peugeot 407 HDi, Mazda 6 MZR-CD etc etc is ok?
In another thread TDCi vs TX5 there is a debate on the relative merits of the Mondeo TDCi compared with its rivals.

I have recently upgraded to a TDCi and that decision was made after test driving and comparing the following:

Peugeot 407 Diesel Wagon
Mazda Classic Hatch (Petrol)
VW Passat Diesel Wagon
Mondeo TDCi hatch

I have a particular need to carry large items which limited me to either a hatch or wagon meeting the critical dimensions.

Summarising my experiences:

Peugeot: Stylish car with very long bonnet, difficult to judge the extremities, cramped rear seat area, seemed to hesitate from standing start, too small to fit gear (length) VERY EXPENSIVE

Mazda: Petrol version driven. great drive but now a little dated, Auto not available with diesel, too small to fit gear. No diesel available in about to be released new model.

Passat: Great car with very good driving performance. Size OK. Too expensive as a family member has recently purchased the base model with premium paint and payed $7,500 more than I did for the TDCi with leather, sunroof, bluetooth and euro plates. Also waited 6 months for delivery.

Mondeo: The best drive of the lot and really looks the goods, largest in almost all dimensions, best value for money by a long way. While it is a little less economical than the Passat that is not a deal breaker in my view. The fact that it has been in the top three in almost all "Car of the year" awards both here and overseas speaks volumes.

My decision was easy ............. except for the colour :

Sunroof
GRT046 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-02-2008, 03:02 PM   #2
Mansal

Congratulations GRT046!
You have made an excellent decision! Not only is the Duratorq engine FANTASTIC, but the Mondeo, I believe, is one of the nicest styled mid-sized cars currently around!

I currently drive the Focus TDCi - same engine smaller body. Love the diesel!!

Enjoy the car!
Mansal is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post