Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Mondeo

Old 04-03-2008, 06:06 PM   #1
phoonfan
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Mondeo TDCi Review

for those keeping an eye out!

http://www.caradvice.com.au/10231/20...-sedan-review/

Cheers
Andrew

phoonfan is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-03-2008, 06:15 PM   #2
Martyvan
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Awesome, been waiting for this one... now we just need to loan them a Mondeo Wagon for testing... particularly one with the 2.2l diesel!!!!
Martyvan is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-03-2008, 07:40 PM   #3
davocol
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Excellent thanks Andrew, been waiting for this. Hopefully will be my next car.
Old 25-03-2008, 04:28 PM   #4
zetec
Zoom Zoom

I just took one to Melbourne and back. I cruised at a very comfortable 110-114km/h on dual carriageway and observed all other speed limits in other areas. Air-con was on the whole time and I didn't hold back when overtaking. Add to this the hour's worth of stop-start rubbish I had coming out of Sydney on Thursday morning...

I averaged 6.35L/100km over 955km, with 185km to empty still showing when I arrived in Melbourne and filled up!!!!

Imagine what I would have cracked if I had really been trying to be efficient!!! The torque is amazing, overtaking is effortless... yet cruising is quiet and comfortable. The Stereo's a beast too :

I dare say when the 800-900 odd km of road between Sydney and Melbourne is finally all dual carriageway at 110km/h, all the way, you'd be pulling comfortable high 5's / 100km average all up.

Insane. I want a diesel now!! :
Old 25-03-2008, 07:34 PM   #5
Martyvan
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Thats awesome... im dead set certain you would have made it well into the 5's if you had have used a little less boot

make you want to get back in a Euro built car now ??? ;)
Martyvan is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-03-2008, 09:06 PM   #6
zetec
Zoom Zoom

Yeah, a Mondeo TDCi to be exact... I just love it!

But I hopefully have a G6E coming so that'll be good to compare. The G6 is a stunning motorcar, and honestly in many ways better than a Mondeo. They're both awesome vehicles.
Old 25-03-2008, 09:20 PM   #7
Superoo
Mondeo TDCi / BA XR6T

I can't wait to take mine on a long trip to see what it gets. Driving a fair bit in peak traffic (avg speed around 35km/h), I'm getting around 7.7 l/100km. My previous 2 cars (XR6T & VT Dual Fuel Wagon) rarely got below 14's for the same trip. After 3,500 kms, the engine seems to be getting smoother and a little more willing. I have seen the fuel consumption drop to as low as 5.4 l/100km after a short freeway run not long after filling up.

Zetec, how many kays did the one you drove have on it?
Old 25-03-2008, 09:23 PM   #8
Kryton

great read.
2 questions though:
what is Capless Re-fueling?
and what are Anti-burst Doors?
Kryton is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-03-2008, 10:32 PM   #9
zetec
Zoom Zoom

Capless Refuelling - http://media.ford.com/newsroom/relea...?release=22068

Anti-burst - http://www.globalspec.com/reference/...nti-Burst-Lock

I just clicked over 10,000 tonight. It had done approx 7,800 when I got it on Thursday from memory. As you can tell, I love my driving and after 2,200km at least worth of driving over the last 5 days, I'm still in love with the car, ache-free and really growing to love it with every km. Shame it goes back tomorrow, I'll really miss it. I'd take it over my XR8 any day.
Old 25-03-2008, 10:38 PM   #10
zetec
Zoom Zoom

Here's a little piccy I took to tease you all, after the refill when I had just arrived in Melbourne, straight off the highway. This was after my trip, where I averaged 6.35/100km and filled it to the brim.