Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Mondeo

Old 31-01-2008, 01:32 PM   #1
ajay1940

Default Mondeo wins!!

Those of us who read Dutch, check out :
http://www.autointernationaal.nl/art...hp?id=5913&n=5

You will find that the new Mondeo with an overall rating of .90 is way ahead of everything else. Interestingly, Wheels Magazine's 2007 champ, the C class Mercedes, only rated .52 and is way down the list.
Not too surprising actually when you recall that Wheels once ignored their favourite marque, H***n, and awarded the honours to the Leyland P76!!

ajay1940 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-01-2008, 01:55 PM   #2
Superoo
Mondeo TDCi / BA XR6T

I don't think I've read any car of the year or best car articles where the Mondeo hasn't been in at least the top 3. Impressive that it has proven a hit with journos and drivers across many markets.
Old 03-02-2008, 10:59 PM   #3
buickman
buickman

Their a neat looking car and will and are selling well in Europe.

But I will wait to see how its sales fair in the medium class in Australia against the reliable Camry and a soon to be release Mazda 6 update as well as Honda's Accord before I think Ford have come up with a real sales winner in the medium class since the Cortina. I don't think people have forgiven Ford for dropping the Cortina in favour for the Meteor.
I wonder how Ford Australia are going in stocking body and Mech parts for the Mondeo in Australia? If your unforntunate to have a crash the car could be stuck in the panel shop for a while.
buickman is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-02-2008, 12:18 AM   #4
Superoo
Mondeo TDCi / BA XR6T

It's a huge ask to think the Mondeo will compete in sales numbers with the Mazda6 once the update comes through. The Mazda6 has a huge advantage in market awareness and judging by most reactions when I tell people I have bought a Mondeo, Ford have a little more work to do from a marketing perspective to have mid size buyers place it on their shopping list. Mind you, if they did their homework properly, it's currently a no brainer.

From what I've read, the Mondeo will still hold a size advantage over the 6 and accord euro(yet to be seen if that will be a good thing) and of course the euro isn't offered in a hatch which is generally more practical than a sedan. The TDCi will be Mondeo's strength as the 6's diesel is being held back 12 months (and on paper it will be worth the wait) whilst I've read nothing of a Euro diesel for Australia.
Old 04-02-2008, 01:58 PM   #5
Mikk
Starter Motor

Also, I've been informed by a sales person at mazda (after inquiring about the new 6 in diesel), that the Mondeo is the only one in its class with auto trans in diesel.
Mikk is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-02-2008, 07:48 PM   #6
monkeyboy666

And maybe wins again..?

http://www.wcoty.com/media/?release=38&year=2008

http://www.wcoty.com/vehicles/?year=2008&cat=1
monkeyboy666 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-02-2008, 08:01 PM   #7
HenryV8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikk
Also, I've been informed by a sales person at mazda (after inquiring about the new 6 in diesel), that the Mondeo is the only one in its class with auto trans in diesel.
Passat can be gotten with VW's fancy dual clutch auto, but yes, this is still a big factor going Mondeo's way in the Australian market.
HenryV8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-02-2008, 11:35 PM   #8
zetec
Zoom Zoom

Mondeo also has knee airbags. That's 7 airbags standard.. That's something the competitors don't offer, including the newer Mazda6!
Old 29-02-2008, 11:43 PM   #9
mik
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

if Ford could get bums on seats to sit in a mondeo they would have a many more sales i reckon, i went too look at falcons in the showroom the Mondeo caught my eye was very much eye candy inside and out , very classy looking imo.
mik is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post