Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Ford Car Clubs > ORSM Ford Cruise Car Club

ORSM Ford Cruise Car Club The one and only place for the ORSM Ford Cruise Car Club members Forums

Old 02-11-2007, 12:49 AM   #1
BLKPHN
ORSM FORD CRUSIERS

Default Cleaning your ORSM car.

ZYMOL the best stuff ever it really brings out the color, most wax's cliam to have canuba wax in it, gold class meguires has only 12%, turtle wax has 8%. the more natural the wax the better it is for you paint and the higher the canuba amount the better, i just recently have been looking into wax's as ive just purchased a black typhoon so i needed somthing good. i read up on may wax's and polishes. The higher the canuba wax the more $$$ it becomes as a 90% canuba wax from zymol is nearly $3000, but you can get %50 for around $150 it sound like a lot but the results are amazing, you must keep this stuff in the fridge and then when you use it you apply it by hand. to get the best out of any of these products you must really do it properly wash, clean paint, wax.

PAINT WASHING
The most important thing to be aware of when preparing to wash your car is the temperature of the area being washed. This is even more important than the ambient temperature, which should be between 10 and 25 Degrees C. If the car has been in the sun for any time, it should be brought into the shade and allowed to cool off before dousing it with water.

In addition, on recently driven cars, the brakes will be very hot, and if cold water gets onto the brake discs, they could warp. So get your car out of the garage and onto a flat, paved surface that is out of direct sunlight. Sunlight, as you know, turns drops of water into tiny lenses, burning the paint under them.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
VERY IMPORTANT: Remove your watch, rings, keys and bracelets. Be alert to belt buckles, zippers and rivets on jeans. One slip can be a costly scratch or dent.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Start the washing process by using the hose with a fine spray to fill your bucket with 60ml for car wash 'soap' and 20 liter of cool water. Do not use cold water in summer or hot water in winter as the sudden temperature shock will damage your car's finish.

Drop your sponge into the water for later use and begin rinsing the car from top to bottom with your hose. Use a medium pressure. Do not use a compressor driven power washer. High speed (pressure) water can lift paint and/or propel small stones at high speed across your paint or even worse, into your paint. During this first process do not wash below the midline (belt line) of your car.

Using the soap soaked sponge, apply a heavy coating of soap suds (by squeezing the sponge) to a small area of the roof you can easily reach without moving your feet and lightly wipe the panels with your bare hand as you rinse it off. This assures you that there is no sand or dirt stuck to the car's surface that might be unknowingly picked up later by your sponge or towel.

Now, rinse the entire car!
This entire car rinsing should take place every time you wash anything on the car. This constant irrigation keeps the surface wet and does not let errant soap suds dry anywhere.

Start the actual washing by using the soap filled sponge on the section you just 'hand washed' of the roof, and then rinse the entire car. Finish the other side of the roof, and then wash all the windows, lifting the wipers and working all the way down to the cowl. Remember to keep rinsing.

After the roof, then work on the bonnet (hood). Washing one side, rinsing the entire car then wash the other side and rinse the car again. Follow up with doing the boot (trunk) the same way.

After this is complete, work the entire upper portion of one side of your car, one panel at a time. Now is a good idea to empty the soap bucket after you finish with the horizontal and upper vertical surfaces, then start with fresh soap for the lower sides. Please, use a drain; don’t just dump the soapy water onto the ground. Even though zymöl products are environmentally safe, the dirt you remove from the car often is not.

Finish the wash sequence with the lower portions, including bumpers, grille and taillights. If this is the first time the car will receive the zymöl treatment, remove the license plates and the brackets to be sure the areas behind them will be properly prepared.
Chamois or synthetic shammy, push water off of the car.

DO NOT USE THE CHAMOIS TO DRY THE CAR.

Chamois will remove wax and possibly scratch your car if used when almost dry and with a high amount of friction.

Next, gently dry your car using 100% un-sized cotton towels or non-polyester microwipes being sure to open the bonnet, boot and all doors to dry up collected water in body drainage areas, door jams and sills.

This paint wash process is more work but your car will clean easier and look better. Remember you are the expert and... its your car!

PAINT CLEANING
Normal washing will not remove all airborne contaminants that settle on the paint surface, nor will washing remove dull, oxidised paint. Cleaning paint removes acid rain residue, road grime, old wax, oil residue, catalytic converter emissions (hydrochloric and sulphuric acids), bugs, tar, bird droppings, silicone treatments and oxidised paint.
Cleaning leaves the paint surface so clean it feels like silk and provides a fresh surface to which waxes and glazes can bond. Proper cleaning products will not remove clean paint or clear coatings.

In addition to increasing the jetness of colour, distinction of reflected image and the depth of the wax shine, proper pre-wax cleaning will assure uniformity of that shine. Wax applied over oily road grime will not be as brilliant as wax applied over clean paint.

Most competitive products incorporate abrasive “grit” to “scrub” the surface clean. Use natural oils to penetrate and break down everything on the surface of the paint, encapsulating grime, impurities and dead paint so they can be wiped off without scratching the top paint layer. Proper cleaning will reveal a lower level of paint with life and lustre without any solvents, abrasives or caustic materials.

Clean coats need to be cleaned as well.
Clear coats are very thin layers of clear paint (some with urethane) sprayed over the top color layer. Clear coatings become contaminated and oxidise just like regular paint. Without protection, most clear coats will oxidise, turn yellow and wear badly within 24 months, exposing the top color layer. Protecting the clear coat with a good wax may or may not increase the shine, but it will preserve the natural shine of the paint and keep it looking like new for many, many years.

You should clean your paint twice a year. You can clean the entire car, sections at a time before waxing.

PAINT FEEDING
Waxing a car is nothing less than lovingly applying protective oils to the 'skin' of your car. The special relationship you have with your car is a bond of trust. You must use care in the choice of products you use on your car as not to break the bond. The wrong choice in product or application technique can spell disaster. Commodity waxes targeted for the masses are not what you want for your car.

Your car's paint is designed to reflect colour and light. Modern paint finishes consist of multi coatings that contains the colour, two protective coats and one top (clear) coat to protect the colour paint from oxidising. The outer clear coat adds UV protection to help prevent the sun's rays from drying out the base paint. Although oxidation is now less obvious, it still occurs. The sun dries out the top paint layers, natural oils and original solvents are lost. The paint oxidises and the surface gradually becomes duller and non reflective. Clear coat finishes look faded whenever the surface becomes scratched, contaminated by airborne pollution, acid rain, industrial fallout and countless other road acquired substances.

If the contamination is left on the surface, it can etch into each of the thin paint coats and expose the base coat to even greater damage.

Choosing the right wax is a challenge. The wax chart below is the result of twenty plus years helping enthusiasts care for, protect and enhance their rolling works of art. Over this time Zymöl has helped more enthusiasts and collectors garner more trophies than any other car care product in history.

What makes Zymöl wax different? In the container it is not a wax!

Zymöl waxes are a zyme like yogurt, beer and bread dough. Oxygen is the catalyst that activates the Propolis enzyme in Zymöl waxes. The Propolis converts the plant oils and fats into wax, bonding the wax to your clean painted surface.

ZYMOL website

Check out there web sit on how to clean you car every surface is covered, chrome windows, tyres, wheel and paint.

Tristan

Check these out too

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HNAmZPgcBzU

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vAa-BC2Qhp4

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HwizA9ReyuY

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yd5MwpLohUk

Strive for perfection in everything we do. Take the best that exists and make it better.
When it does not exist, design it. Accept nothing nearly right or good enough.

-[BLKPHN] (VIC) PLATES FOR SALE $495.00-

Last edited by ORSMT; 10-07-2008 at 02:22 PM.
BLKPHN is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-11-2007, 01:09 AM   #2
|HSVQUE|
Awsome Holden Cruisers

Amen! Zymol.. God of Car Cleaning products.
|HSVQUE| is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-11-2007, 07:57 AM   #3
ORSMEB
Steve

Exactly like I do it. It's like you read my mind...lol Nice writeup
Old 02-11-2007, 10:20 AM   #4
JAKHMR
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Good write up Trist. All i need now is the time to do it.

Quote:
Success is the good fortune that comes from:
Inspiration , aspiration , desperation , and perspiration
JAKHMR is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-11-2007, 03:59 PM   #5
ORSM-8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

yeah Tristan its all good stuff Zymol i have some myself but have run out of paint cleaner. Apparetly Autobarn in Melton and Epping have sold out of the paint cleaner can some else help me out here. Cheers Tony
ORSM-8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-11-2007, 04:10 PM   #6
BLKPHN
ORSM FORD CRUSIERS

Quote:
Originally Posted by ORSM-8
yeah Tristan its all good stuff Zymol i have some myself but have run out of paint cleaner. Apparetly Autobarn in Melton and Epping have sold out of the paint cleaner can some else help me out here. Cheers Tony

Try any of these Tony

Autobarn Bendigo
172 Lyttleton Terrace, Bendigo VIC 3550
(03) 5442 1111
(03) 5442 4739
Premium : yes | Hand-Crafted : no | Accessories : selected | Kits : no

Autobarn Chadstone
Shop F005, Chadstone Shopping Centre VIC 3148
(03) 9563 3133
(03) 9569 0250
Premium : yes | Hand-Crafted : selected | Accessories : selected | Kits : selected

Autobarn Frankston
Shop 7 / 30 McMahons Road, Frankston VIC 3199
(03) 9783 9333
(03) 9783 2650
Premium : yes | Hand-Crafted : selected | Accessories : selected | Kits : selected

Autobarn Melton
420 High Street, Melton VIC 3337
(03) 9747 6877
(03) 9747 6899

Autobarn Mentone
14 Nepean Hwy, Mentone VIC 3194
(03) 9585 0077
(03) 9585 0833

Autobarn Moorabbin
895 Nepean Highway, Moorabbin VIC 3189
(03) 9557 0144
(03) 9557 0166

Oven Baked Enamel Services
34 Molan Street, Ringwood VIC 3134
(03) 9870 0520
(03) 9879 6545
Premium : selected | Hand-Crafted : selected | Accessories : selected | Kits : selected

PROTECH Car Care
Unit 4, 393 Dorset Road, Boronia VIC 3155
(03) 9762 5500
(03) 8640 0451
www.protechcarcare.com.au

Zenti
Not conveniently located near an outlet? Visit online retailer Zenti.
www.zenti.com.au
Premium : yes | Hand-Crafted : yes | Accessories : yes | Kits : yes

zymöl Distribution of Australia (ZDOAU)
To conveniently order products or for professional advice, kindly contact zymöl customer service.
(03) 9699 6988
customerservice@zdoau.com
Premium : yes | Hand-Crafted : yes | Accessories : yes | Kits : yes

Strive for perfection in everything we do. Take the best that exists and make it better.

Old 02-11-2007, 04:16 PM   #7
ORSM-8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

thanks man i will try this. By the way all the guys will have left for Wagga
Old 02-11-2007, 05:03 PM   #8
JAKHMR
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Geeze Trist a re you an Autobahn member or something.... LOL

Quote:
Old 02-11-2007, 05:13 PM   #9
auMatt
ORSM Ford Cruisers

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Matt's valued contributions in the technical area associated with AU/BA/BF & Terri instrument clusters & ICC's is considered the authoritative guide to work by members in this are of expertise. His contributions stand alone in the forum in this technical  

Zymol is on my shopping list when I get the TT. I might end up with 2 terri's anyways

Contact me for all your Cluster Programming/Repairs & Window switch/ICC colour change for BA/BF/FG Falcons & Territory. Visit my SITE for info.

I Use and Recommend :
Ferntree Gully Auto Salvage
AutoWorks - Keilor
RIP Craig
RIP Samantha
auMatt is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-11-2007, 08:13 PM   #10
X ORSMXR
missing the panther

Nice to see you like the stuff Trist, l used to do those same 3 steps once a month, hense why the car always looked it's best...

Just so you guys know when using these zymol products do not go to the car wash around the corner and give the car a quick soap wash and rinse as you will find a dull car when your finished as any soap used other than the zymol soap will clean the wax right off the car.......

Cheers Chris
Old 02-11-2007, 08:26 PM   #11
JAKHMR
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by auMatt
I might end up with 2 terri's anyways
What da ya mean?
1 for you & 1 for your mrs?

Quote:
Old 03-11-2007, 03:16 PM   #12
Sick EB
ORSM Ford Cruisers

how lucky is that guy. washing cars for a living. once i get the bonnet done paint is going to be number 1 priority.

1993 EB2 Gli---->Build Thread
2008 FG XR8 SEDAN 300RWKW N/A

2008 FG XR6 TURBO-UTE>>> SOLD
2002 AU3 XLS UTE>>>SOLD
Sick EB is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-11-2007, 04:15 PM   #13
Redrum
Force Fed Fords

Reading about Zymol and seeing ORSMXR's car in its hey day makes me want to buy a black Orion GT!
Old 03-11-2007, 04:28 PM   #14
ORSM-8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

yeah Jason should be good but can you wait that long, Tristan, I have rang most of the Autobarn stores and none of them have what i want. I will have to try elsewhere
Old 03-11-2007, 05:51 PM   #15
Redrum
Force Fed Fords

Quote:
yeah Jason should be good but can you wait that long, Tristan, I have rang most of the Autobarn stores and none of them have what i want. I will have to try elsewhere
Tony, I was sitting in Duhig Ford on Friday, my boot release getting fixed and eyed off a couple of FPV's. Luckily there were no GT's there, it is hard, I am sure I could get a bargain..........
Old 03-11-2007, 06:59 PM   #16
ORSM-8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

i reckon you could
Old 03-11-2007, 07:00 PM   #17
pitpal
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Was at new oak ford today just having a gig. The salesman confirmed that the boss 290's will be selling cheaper as they are not moving because of the updated 302 motor
pitpal is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-11-2007, 09:29 PM   #18
BLKPHN
ORSM FORD CRUSIERS

Quote:
Hey tony

try zenti.com they will have most of what you will want its on line but is legit.

Tristan

Old 06-11-2007, 01:20 AM   #19
ORSM-8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

i didnt find any paint cleaner as yet but i did score the last tin of that lovely zymol polish smells sweet goes on easily and looks a treat
Old 06-11-2007, 01:20 AM   #20
ORSM-8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I got it from Autobarn in Melton
Old 06-11-2007, 12:46 PM   #21
auMatt
ORSM Ford Cruisers

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Matt's valued contributions in the technical area associated with AU/BA/BF & Terri instrument clusters & ICC's is considered the authoritative guide to work by members in this are of expertise. His contributions stand alone in the forum in this technical  

Jack, yeah maybe a new job, which includes a new car

Contact me for all your Cluster Programming/Repairs & Window switch/ICC colour change for BA/BF/FG Falcons & Territory. Visit my SITE for info.

I Use and Recommend :
Ferntree Gully Auto Salvage
AutoWorks - Keilor
RIP Craig
RIP Samantha
auMatt is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-11-2007, 05:46 PM   #22
Redrum
Force Fed Fords

Quote:
Originally Posted by auMatt
Jack, yeah maybe a new job, which includes a new car
Matt, that is great news, a TT would be nice!
Old 07-11-2007, 11:27 PM   #23
|HSVQUE|
Awsome Holden Cruisers

Zenti is out of Zymol HD Cleanse!! Anyone know where I can get a bottle from? & I dont really wanna drive to melton for a paint cleaner

cheers
Old 08-11-2007, 12:41 AM   #24
Redrum
Force Fed Fords

You can buy it on line, ORSM8 knows a site.......
Old 09-11-2007, 01:42 PM   #25
|HSVQUE|
Awsome Holden Cruisers

Found some zymöl HD-Cleanse yay..! Anyone know why Zymol dont want to let Australian Stores stock it anymore?

Trying to keep it more exclusive maybe?
Old 09-11-2007, 01:50 PM   #26
vandrsxr6
Force Fed Fords

Quote:
Originally Posted by |HSVQUE|
Found some zymöl HD-Cleanse yay..! Anyone know why Zymol dont want to let Australian Stores stock it anymore?

Trying to keep it more exclusive maybe?

Probably not a big enough seller for Aussie stores to stock it.

310rwkw and always chasing more

Now with 6th Gear

RAPID PERFORMANCE

ORSM FORD CRUISER
vandrsxr6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-11-2007, 02:02 PM   #27
|HSVQUE|
Awsome Holden Cruisers

the guy i spoke to at autobarn chadstone said people are loving it.. he said they will loose alot of sales but yer.. Australias alot is other countrys not alot..
Old 11-11-2007, 04:09 PM   #28
X ORSMXR
missing the panther

We have a member that has very good contacts for the Zymol range so we might be able to get some.....
Old 11-11-2007, 04:40 PM   #29
BLKPHN
ORSM FORD CRUSIERS

The place,

(03) 9870 0520
(03) 9879 6545
Premium : selected | Hand-Crafted : selected | Accessories : selected | Kits : selected

Has still and extensive range of products

Old 11-11-2007, 10:48 PM   #30
Redrum
Force Fed Fords

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLKPHN
The place,

(03) 9870 0520
(03) 9879 6545

Has still and extensive range of products
Good news. I will need some for my GT, thinking ego.......