Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 23-04-2006, 10:28 PM   #31
Smoke Pursuit
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: DASH/bfiipursuit has been alot of help over the years I have frequented this forum, lots of thoughtful and informed posts, very much a valued contributor. 

Erghh Shutup..

$105 dollars for a parking infringment is a joke!
Smoke Pursuit is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-04-2006, 08:43 AM   #32
devil cv8

Quote:
Originally Posted by qwigybo
i tend to agree with everyone he was just doing his job.... but 10mins is BS
It was actually 15 minutes going on the first post.
and how long should the parking cop wait, 16 minutes, 17, 18, 20... exactly when should the ticket be issued..... and then what about the poor guy who gets booked 1 minute after that magic time....

I know,,, the sign says no standing 10pm to 7am, so how about the tickets get issued between 10pm and 7am... what a revolutionary idea
  Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-04-2006, 02:07 PM   #33
svo347
AFF's 1st DM.......

Location: Wha???... There is only 2 states 2 be in.. WA or Drunk..

Pay the fine and get over it.
I just got a $150 fine and 2 pts because my bloody tyres were on the white line of a stop light camera, not over but just on the line...
By law you have to be behind the line, i was 80mm too far forwards.
And you think you were pi$$ed off.
Quote:
Originally Posted by zetec
I know what lengths they go to to ensure it's more than just a Ford sticker on the part. Ford doesn't throw it's name on anything for a quick buck.
06 Turbo Terri AWD 6 sp in Neo with stuff i didnt even need, side steps,15.2 inch roof mounted DVD,Pioneer $tezza,Selby 30/18mm swaybars,debunged,100 cpsi Ballistic cat,Plazmaman under battery Cai injectors 14/lb boost,ZF tuned,Xtreme's magic. :
svo347 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-04-2006, 10:13 AM   #34
iamdeath

i will be watching this thread with interest...i live in nsw but had to go too melbourne for work last year,im a self admitted hick so the city is an enigma too me,anyways i had to work in chapel st....decided to have lamb on chapel for lunch,jumped in the first park i spotted nearby..it said 30 min park,so i have lunch,leave all with in time and have a ticket on the window....i then futher read the parking sign and realise it is truck only parking....65 buck fine,thank you fine city of stonnington...iam too blame,i have been sent a reminder as my boss signed a form to say i was the driver...im wondering wot happens if i dont pay....will i have a vic warrant out for my arrest..or do i just get harrased..
iamdeath is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-04-2006, 10:15 AM   #35
Bucknaked
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I got a $150 parking ticket a while ago.
Bucknaked is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-04-2006, 04:28 PM   #36
The MaDDeSTMaN
No longer driving a Ford.

Sorry to hear you copped a parking ticket mate. $105 is pretty steep I think :(
The MaDDeSTMaN is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-04-2006, 07:54 PM   #37
ED Classic
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

3 Options. If you want to forget it? The first option is to pay it ASAP then its out of your mind.

Appeal it, Maybe a good option given your fine is quite inacurate in details. There is a bloke in Vic that is a millionare & Retired that specializes in getting people off inacurate filled out fines for the love of it. Not sure where he is and obviously law enforcements and Lawyers dont make much noise about him.

Let it go and it will accumulate extra costs. Bad option perhaps, though a recent amnesty due to so many unpaid fines in Vic shows that it annoys them and they could not cope and virtually gave up in the end.
ED Classic is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-04-2006, 06:16 AM   #38
qwigybo
hunting 300kw's

Quote:
Originally Posted by devil cv8
It was actually 15 minutes going on the first post.
and how long should the parking cop wait, 16 minutes, 17, 18, 20... exactly when should the ticket be issued..... and then what about the poor guy who gets booked 1 minute after that magic time....

I know,,, the sign says no standing 10pm to 7am, so how about the tickets get issued between 10pm and 7am... what a revolutionary idea
i'll remember that as you're on your way to the car and the meter runs out as you can see the vehicle and there is the parking inspector writing you a ticket for 20 secs
during peak periods i think 3 mins is enough grace but 10pm at ngiht it just makes no sense to have a no standing zone then
qwigybo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-04-2006, 08:21 AM   #39
parawolf
beep beep

Quote:
Originally Posted by qwigybo
... but 10pm at ngiht it just makes no sense to have a no standing zone then
You obviously missed my post about clearways for shift work load areas...
Old 26-04-2006, 08:57 AM   #40
Charliewool
Bolt Nerd
Donating Member3

Zetec... Wasn't City of Maribyrnong, was it? I got done out the front of my OWN HOUSE the other week! Ok, so I didn't have my permit on my window, as 99% of the time I park in my driveway (I had pulled up & ran in to retrieve my work keys, 5 mins at most) Anyhow, I wrote a nice letter explaining it all...
Response was basically... BAD LUCK!
(And guess WHO was one of the main instigators for permit parking, to try & keep the Anglers Tavern traffic out of my street?) :
2 wheels.. 2015 103ci HD Wideglide.. SOLD
SOLD THE LOT, Voted with our feet and relocated to COSTA RICA for some Pura Vida!
(Ex Blood Orange #023 FPV Pursuit owner : )
Charliewool is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-04-2006, 08:25 PM   #41
zetec
Zoom Zoom

It was indeed. Good old City of Maribyrnong. Sounds like it's not in isolation.

$105 is like 10 pizzas at Punchonellos!!! That's serious money!!!