Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 13-01-2010, 03:41 PM   #61
Mr Brooksy
Youth worker

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Numerous helpful how-to's and sound advice! 

Quote:
Originally Posted by XR-CHIEF
Ah ok, I'll type out some of the quotes from him then.

"We'll be in the Falcon market yes. But we'll continue to use all our assets around the world,"

"We have learned so much from the Falcon, Because it's a dynamite car, Whatever that Falcon morphs to, for the next one, it will be available for everyone around the world."

"We're going to have a large sedan. The whole thing about rear wheel drive? We're going to have a rear wheel drive car, And we've got the Mustang. So you can imagine that there will be a next version of the Falcon that will be even better."
Was that from the Herald? Or somewhere else?

2011 SZ Territory

Old Futura thread:
Brooksy's Ex Build
Mr Brooksy is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-01-2010, 03:43 PM   #62
GS608
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Gold Coast Bulletin
GS608 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-01-2010, 03:50 PM   #63
Serial_Fool
Whipper Snappa

http://7pmproject.com.au/forums/thre...hreadID=119428

Just a thread I made against a horrible section about the Falcon I saw on the faux-news program "THE 7PM PROJECT". Make some comments if you like.
Old 13-01-2010, 03:51 PM   #64
05MkIIFutura
SV6000. Yum

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paxton
Does this mean Mustang will grow, or Falcon will shrink?
There is no requirement that common platforms all be identical in dimension....

Falcon may be the LWB while the Mustang sits on a SWB
05MkIIFutura is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-01-2010, 04:12 PM   #65
LeadFoot81
_Oo===oO_

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brazen
Im going out on a limb.

Mually I think is saying that the Mustang will remain RWD, but under OneFord could be available in Australia. And may even have engineering input from Ford Australia.

Whilst the Falcon is also getting a new platform, he is not necessarily saying it will be RWD. I still think the Taurus based platform is the front-runner.

However, Im glad to be proven wrong.
Mullaly has confirmed the two will be based off the same RWD platform, see the thread title?!
LeadFoot81 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-01-2010, 04:30 PM   #66
Chopped
as in chopped

Alternate Translation >

"We'll be in the Falcon market yes. But we'll continue to use all our assets around the world,"

- We will have a large car in the large car market, sourced from our One Ford program

"We have learned so much from the Falcon, Because it's a dynamite car, Whatever that Falcon morphs to, for the next one, it will be available for everyone around the world."

- We have learned from the Falcon but not used ANY of it's RWD technology. The next Falcon will be something different and will be the same large car sold around the world by Ford.

"We're going to have a large sedan. The whole thing about rear wheel drive? We're going to have a rear wheel drive car, And we've got the Mustang. So you can imagine that there will be a next version of the Falcon that will be even better."

- Yes we will have a large sedan on offer. As for RWD, well yes we will have a RWD car, it's called the Mustang. So I'll let you imagine the Mustang / Falcon tie in.

Are you guys sure you are reading between the lines correctly ? / These guys are masters at saying stuff without saying stuff !!
Old 13-01-2010, 04:38 PM   #67
fordOwner
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

As long as its RWD, im happy, as long as the global platform will provide an exciting family car thats not a sports car (like a falcon) im happy and as long as australian jobs are not lost im happy.
Im blown away at how many people on AFF want the mustang here.
ALSO on the Australian Ford website I read that the Australian Government will never compromise australian car manufacturing again since the problems during WW2 with vehicle and parts shortages. but the government wont have a say on this matter and anyway the Commodore has priority anyway i suppose.

Click here to see my ute
fordOwner is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-01-2010, 05:57 PM   #68
Nikked
Oo\===/oO

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Long time member, loves Fords, sensible contributor and does some good and interesting posts. 

This make more sense then the silly "Falcon scrapped for taurus" bull .

How awesome will this be, much more performance bolt ons for the falcon!

Check out my Photo-chop page

T...I...C...K...F...O...R...D
\≡≡T≡≡/
Nikked is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-01-2010, 06:11 PM   #69
FPV8U
BOSS 5.4L Enthusiast

Sounds like we will be spoilt for choice come 2016.. Falcon & Mustang Mmmm
FPV8U is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-01-2010, 06:17 PM   #70
R-Design
Guess Who's Back?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chopped
Are you guys sure you are reading between the lines correctly ? / These guys are masters at saying stuff without saying stuff !!
I tend to agree with Chopped & Brazen on this, unless Mulally comes out with it straight I wouldn't read between the lines.

Nothing that's been said by Mulally or Burela in the last 24hrs has clarified the picture one way or the other. If anything, they're just trying to secure your business for the next 5 years.
Old 13-01-2010, 06:25 PM   #71
Archilino
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

So if mustang and falcon share the same platform there could theoretically be a falcon convertible?
Archilino is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-01-2010, 07:49 PM   #72
vztrt
IWCMOGTVM Club Supporter

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: vztrt is one of the most consistent and respected contributors to AFF, I have found his contributions are most useful to discussion as well as answering members queries. 

This seems to be making more sense. I hope they don't stuff the Falcon up and make it American....FoA has got the car almost right.
Old 13-01-2010, 07:59 PM   #73
TUF_302
The Vengeful One
Donating Member1

The Falcon and the Mustang are going to be based on the same platform, they state that the Stang is staying RWD which means the Falcon has to be aswell

I better start saving for a Mustang aswell now! :
Old 13-01-2010, 08:09 PM   #74
FPV8U
BOSS 5.4L Enthusiast

All this fight for the Falcon to stay RWD and we will all end up wanting Mustangs if they are priced as they should be.. :P
FPV8U is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-01-2010, 08:12 PM   #75
vztrt
IWCMOGTVM Club Supporter

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: vztrt is one of the most consistent and respected contributors to AFF, I have found his contributions are most useful to discussion as well as answering members queries. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by FPV8U
All this fight for the Falcon to stay RWD and we will all end up wanting Mustangs if they are priced as they should be.. :P

If the Camaro is gonna be 140k, what do you think the Mustang will be priced at.
Old 13-01-2010, 08:16 PM   #76
Road_Warrior
Pity the fool

Quote:
Originally Posted by vztrt
If the Camaro is gonna be 140k, what do you think the Mustang will be priced at.
Yeah but that's via the conversion monkeys in Queensland...factory direct should be far cheaper.

1970 XW Falcon GT replica | 1970 XW Falcon | 1971 XY Fairmont | 1973 ZG Fairlane | 1986 XF Falcon panel van | 1987 XFII Falcon S-Pack | 1988 XF Falcon GLS ute | 1993 EBII Fairmont V8 | 1996 XG Falcon ute | 2000 AU Falcon wagon | 2004 BA Falcon XT | 2012 SZ Territory Titanium AWD

Proud to buy Australian and support Ford Australia through thick and thin
Road_Warrior is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-01-2010, 08:22 PM   #77
vztrt
IWCMOGTVM Club Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Road_Warrior
Yeah but that's via the conversion monkeys in Queensland...factory direct should be far cheaper.

I'd say they'll price it at a premium to protect the Falcon, otherwise it'll be Territory and Falcon Wagon all over again.
Old 13-01-2010, 08:47 PM   #78
Nikked
Oo\===/oO

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Long time member, loves Fords, sensible contributor and does some good and interesting posts. 

I keep on thinking back to the late 60's, when the falcon became "mustang bred"

...Now the Mustang becomes "falcon bred?"

Check out my Photo-chop page

T...I...C...K...F...O...R...D
\≡≡T≡≡/
Nikked is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-01-2010, 08:59 PM   #79
Falc'man
You dig, we stick!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brazen
Im going out on a limb.

Mually I think is saying that the Mustang will remain RWD, but under OneFord could be available in Australia. And may even have engineering input from Ford Australia.

Whilst the Falcon is also getting a new platform, he is not necessarily saying it will be RWD. I still think the Taurus based platform is the front-runner.

However, Im glad to be proven wrong.
You want proof then read below. More importantly, look at who posted it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPFS1

I've seen documentation with our local program and Mustang on under the same code name. It's been in the works for a while I believe, it's now surfacing and I'm sure it's very close to the truth.
Old 13-01-2010, 09:05 PM   #80
CFOUR
The Destroyer

best news in a while. looking forward to a 2017 falcon
Old 13-01-2010, 09:12 PM   #81
Mr X
mustang pilot

Quote:
Originally Posted by vztrt
I'd say they'll price it at a premium to protect the Falcon, otherwise it'll be Territory and Falcon Wagon all over again.
Tickford were converting Mustangs to rhd in 2000-2001 and selling them thru Oz dealerships.If anyone can remember the pricing relative to local cars-I imagine it might be similar in the future.
Mr X is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-01-2010, 09:17 PM   #82
Fordman1
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Falc'man
You want proof then read below. More importantly, look at who posted it!

I was going to post that comment...

It will happen..........
Fordman1 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-01-2010, 09:19 PM   #83
cosmo20btt
Fordaholic

Some one some time ago mentioned a Project Pegasus, which I thought was interesting as it was a merging of a horse & bird.
cosmo20btt is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-01-2010, 09:20 PM   #84
FPV GTHO
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Sharing his knowledge of performance exhaust setups for the NA 6 cyc Barra Falcon from BA to FG. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr X
Tickford were converting Mustangs to rhd in 2000-2001 and selling them thru Oz dealerships.If anyone can remember the pricing relative to local cars-I imagine it might be similar in the future.
The pony cars should still end up far cheaper if theyre already leaving the factory RHD. The Mustang's we got were $85-89K compared to $45K for an XR8, or $60K for a V8 Monaro. I'd be dissapointed if they couldnt sell a V8 pony car for under $60K. If they really wanted them to sell, they'd be cheaper than the sedans.
FPV GTHO is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-01-2010, 09:33 PM   #85
fou_bleu
Get EcoBoosted

Quote:
Originally Posted by Road_Warrior
Well according to Alan Batey (Holden's new CEO & Managing Director) the Camaro (LT) could come in @ $75k...

So if the Stang were to come? Perhaps ~ $85k for a GT Premium (next down from GT500 - oh no! I shouldn't hav e said that! )...
fou_bleu is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-01-2010, 10:01 PM   #86
4Vman
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by FPV GTHO
The pony cars should still end up far cheaper if theyre already leaving the factory RHD. The Mustang's we got were $85-89K compared to $45K for an XR8, or $60K for a V8 Monaro. I'd be dissapointed if they couldnt sell a V8 pony car for under $60K. If they really wanted them to sell, they'd be cheaper than the sedans.
I'll be dissapointed if they're anything like the stangs we got last time... pretty ordinary cars. Don't expect them to be cheap "IF" they get here though, look at what happens to BMW's and Mercs.

Old 13-01-2010, 10:17 PM   #87
Franco Cozzo
Thailand Specials

Quote:
Originally Posted by fordman6
Well according to Alan Batey (Holden's new CEO & Managing Director) the Camaro (LT) could come in @ $75k...

So if the Stang were to come? Perhaps ~ $85k for a GT Premium (next down from GT500 - oh no! I shouldn't hav e said that! )...
Why so expensive? If they come from the factory RHD I don't expect prices that high. I can understand the imported ones, because the people who do that would have to spend hours and hours trying to convert it properly and the effort that goes into designing everything so its a mirror conversion. How much is the base model Camaro and Mustang in the USA? Should start at those prices.

Why does Australia anyways get the end of the stick?
Franco Cozzo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-01-2010, 10:20 PM   #88
uranium_death
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4Vman
Being a mid sized car with a compact engine bay designed to accommodate "V" Engine configurations i doubt it would fit...
Unfortunately the tall long nature of the I6 makes it a difficult "fit" for the rest of the wider Ford family... Which is why, id say its never left our shores..
And that is among the saddest stories in Australian automotive history.
If it was used in larger markets (namely the US), it would get far, far more recognition that it deserves.

Is it likely that one day there will be a period where it will no longer be viable to refine the I6 and resort to a foreign engine?

Don't snap my undies.
uranium_death is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-01-2010, 10:23 PM   #89
4Vman
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by XCPWSF
Why so expensive? If they come from the factory RHD I don't expect prices that high. I can understand the imported ones, because the people who do that would have to spend hours and hours trying to convert it properly and the effort that goes into designing everything so its a mirror conversion. How much is the base model Camaro and Mustang in the USA? Should start at those prices.

Why does Australia anyways get the end of the stick?
So who pays the import costs, US conversion costs, adr tests, RHD development cost in the states, LCST, etc? You cant compare retail values in the states to here....
A mustang will be a "premium" positioned product "if" it comes avaliable here..

Old 13-01-2010, 10:27 PM   #90
Franco Cozzo
Thailand Specials

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4Vman
So who pays the import costs, US conversion costs, adr tests, RHD development cost in the states, LCST, etc? You cant compare retail values in the states to here....
A mustang will be a "premium" positioned product "if" it comes avaliable here..
What do you mean by "import costs"? Like shipping and things like that? What about other foreign car manufacturers? They all have to pay that too and their cars aren't $75,000 plus?
Franco Cozzo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post