Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Fiesta, Festiva and Ka

Old 24-01-2020, 08:40 PM   #1
bilga83@hotmail.com
Starter Motor

Default 2012 Fiesta CL manual

My fiesta don't have a fog lights. I am thinking of installing it. Do these models already have wiring or do I need to rewire and install switch etc.
bilga83@hotmail.com is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-01-2020, 10:50 PM   #2
russellw
Chairman & Administrator
Donating Member3

Community Builder: In recognition of those who have helped build the AFF community. - Issue reason: Raptor: For Continued, and prolonged service to the wider Ford Community 
Default Re: 2012 Fiesta CL manual

Probably not. The factory fog lamp wiring had a Relay (relay 10) for the front fog lamps.

Observatio Facta Rotae

russellw is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 25-01-2020, 12:21 AM   #3
GTLEGEND
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Every advice post I visit where OP are seeking advice for their new vehicle, he is there and adds valuable support and advice for rectifying the problem. Really is a Legend. Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: The quality of information he provides is in depth and highly valued by those posting questions. 

You can buy a Fog light kit from Ford part number AMC1BJ 19B532 AB and you will also need to replace the switch assembly D6BT 13A024 BB. Not sure what exactly is in the kit, but the wiring may actually already be there as the instructions of the kit below make no mention of wiring. I can try and find the contents for you and if need be get the kit for you too. I think the WZ kit fits the WT?

https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/GENUINE-...oAAOxy4t1SlprW

WT Fiesta Fog Lamps.pdf
GTLEGEND is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-01-2020, 09:54 AM   #4
bilga83@hotmail.com
Starter Motor

Thank you.. that would be great .. in meantime ill see if i find wiring there..
Old 27-01-2020, 09:49 AM   #5
bilga83@hotmail.com
Starter Motor

Good news.. found wiring of fog lights. I guess I only need to install lights and switch..
Old 27-01-2020, 05:01 PM   #6
Luke Plaizier
Lukeyson
Donating Member1

I've been doing a fair bit of research on this myself of late on the WQ fiesta - so no help for your WS/WT, but still fun.

The WQ has the light mounting assembly AND the looms in place for 2 x 1.6L Zetec models I have in my back yard here - just no lamps or bezels/grill inserts. The earlier WP fiesta has a custom reflector and the shape in the bumper is completely different. The WQ has what looks like a standard circular reflector - used on many other Fords and possibly on other brands too.

The reflector/bulbs are easy enough to find for about $20 or so for a pair on eBay or Aliexpress.

The bezels/grill inserts though are harder to find. I found some aftermarket part numbers but can only really find places in Russia that sell them - FD99172CARN and FD99172CALN. As for the switch, the WQ switch module is used on LS/LT focus. The WP switch looks like it might be similar to an LR Focus.

Luke
Old 28-01-2020, 11:33 PM   #7
GTLEGEND
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Every advice post I visit where OP are seeking advice for their new vehicle, he is there and adds valuable support and advice for rectifying the problem. Really is a Legend. Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: The quality of information he provides is in depth and highly valued by those posting questions. 

WP/WQ Fiesta's had two different fog lamps.

From 29/11/2002- to 5/10/2005 they had the triangular lamps RH 2S61 15K201 AB, LH 2S61 15201 AB, after that they went to the round type, RH/LH 2N11 15201 AB.

The switch is unique to WP/WQ Fiesta and pending if you have fog lamps or not, but the switch with fog lamps is 2S6T 13A024 DB or 2S6T 13A024 BC without.

The bezels are different depending on what type of series of Fiesta you have, ie Zetec, CL, XR4, LX, Ghia etc. You can still get most, part numbers depend on year and model.

Bulbs for the round lamps are the same as the triangular ones 12/55W 1S7A 13009 BA.
GTLEGEND is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 15-03-2020, 05:22 PM   #8
bilga83@hotmail.com
Starter Motor

Folks Finally was able to get fog lights and switch from ford wreckers. also ordered Bezel online from eBay. everything was a perfect fit.

Now was the time to turn them on using factory wiring I found a solution online on another forum. (link below)

Bought a forscan OBD2 from eBay and installed forscan software in laptop. join the forscan forum and apply for an extended license that can we get straight away.
with OBD2 adaptor I was able to activate foglights also with light in the dashboard. Basically I 've spent $90 dollars in total.

https://www.fiestafaction.com/thread...3914/?id=53914

I also managed to program a new key that bought from eBay.

Last edited by bilga83@hotmail.com; 15-03-2020 at 05:32 PM.