Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Ford Car Clubs > ORSM Ford Cruise Car Club > Orsm Build Thread

Orsm Build Thread Only for the ORSM Club Members and their rides

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-09-2007, 10:23 AM   #1
BLKPHN
ORSM FORD CRUSIERS

Default ORSM54 ....the build

Hey guys

To start, I sold my old Car an EB Gli Turbo. During my time selling the EB I met up with ORSMXR Chris and was blown away with how good this car was absoultly fantastic!!! and thought to myself who need boost when you have a boss and was then on the hunt for a XR8, not a XR6T cause i knew if i got a XR6T i would moddify it. so i decided to get an XR8 but i had to have all the fruit. LEATHER, SUNROOF, PREMIUM SOUND, 18's, MANUAL, but being so picky wasn't so easy to find a car suitable, Oh and it had to have low Km... so i was really stuck nothing at all was there i could get a couple of the things i wanted but not all, Then i found a Lightning Strike XR8 with all the stuff i wanted and only 40,000km but.... (steve ORSMEB said he would never speak to me again) it was AUTO... ahhh well i can live with that i said, and i have been ever since, abosoultly love the car sound wonderfull and goes well.. (not as good as the EB but some more mods will soon fix that.

So i kept it stock for a while taking the spoiler off as soon as i got the car, Terrible looking things. It was also time to jointhe ORSM family as the EB was well in my opinion not worthy or at least up to the outstanding looking and condition of each and every ORSM member car.

Then it was time for some mods Nothing too major just lowered,

Then some more, air box was needed but this was its first change under the bonnet,

And while all that was Happening MY Plates arrived... ORSM54

Next was some new tunes. the stock standard subb was'nt doing justice, so i went out and get a nice cheap sub and small amp as i didn't want to over kill the standard speakers, It worked perfectly and made a custom box to suit the car and make it look factory allmost

This was by far the cheapest mod i have done, I get a Text Message from Theo ORSMF6 "a guy wants to swap a force boot lid for your stock one" "same color just straight swap" Damn i said so i meet up with the guy after a couple of misses but we ended up meeting in a petrol station and just swaped them there and then, couldn't be happyer.

After being to BLUEPOWER numerous time it was time to get a BLUEPOWER air box just to see if these thing were really that good, Well they are.. %$#&*# amazing wonder peices of work they really are the best mod on these BOSS engines and i picked up nearly 30rwkw. also i got my hands on some herrod gear a helix spacer not that it improves power it sounds cool.. and some oil catch cans to stop these big oil sucking beasts from eating it all.

Now after some time the suspension was just not level whish was quite annoying the back sat up a bit high and looked a bit off so i headed down the the Suspension centre in sunshine where the reset my rear spring to a more level height the back allways sat up a bit high now i was happy it sat level. and for only $120 can't complain.

Strive for perfection in everything we do. Take the best that exists and make it better.
When it does not exist, design it. Accept nothing nearly right or good enough.

-[BLKPHN] (VIC) PLATES FOR SALE $495.00-

Last edited by BLKPHN; 06-09-2007 at 10:30 AM.
BLKPHN is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post