Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 18-10-2019, 11:38 PM   #1
Swordie

Default Bathurst 2019: Ford Speed Comparision: Mustang R-Spec vs Mustang GT vs Mustang EcoBoost

Go about 4.40 in to see the three. DJ is in the R-Spec.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ygXOUboA_ZE
Swordie is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 19-10-2019, 01:38 AM   #2
MITCHAY
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: Bathurst 2019: Ford Speed Comparision: Mustang R-Spec vs Mustang GT vs Mustang EcoBoost

Cam and Will wearing race suits with full on helmets and good ol Dick is like yeah **** that kicking it with open face helmet and a shirt and vest. Still knows the racing lines too
MITCHAY is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-10-2019, 12:49 PM   #3
Wretched
Render unto Caesar

Default Re: Bathurst 2019: Ford Speed Comparision: Mustang R-Spec vs Mustang GT vs Mustang EcoBoost

That 4 cylinder very underrated car.
Old 21-10-2019, 01:47 PM   #4
Polyal
Virtuous Bogan (TM)
Donating Member2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wretched View Post
That 4 cylinder very underrated car.
Shame about the stigma though, you brave buying one.
  • 1999 Lexus IS200 - 1G-FE Turbo 6MT
  • 1973 ZF Ford Fairlane
Polyal is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-10-2019, 02:42 PM   #5
Wretched
Render unto Caesar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polyal View Post
Only if your buying habits are influenced by other's perception of you.
Old 23-10-2019, 04:35 PM   #6
Rodp
Regular Schmuck

Quote:
Stick a 5.0 badge on the side and almost everyone wouldn't know the difference. Nor would anyone really care.
Rodp is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
3 users like this post:
Old 23-10-2019, 05:34 PM   #7
Polyal
Virtuous Bogan (TM)
Donating Member2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodp View Post
Stick a 5.0 badge on the side and almost everyone wouldn't know the difference. Nor would anyone really care.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wretched
Only if your buying habits are influenced by other's perception of you.
I agree guys, guess its just a case of what other 4 banger coupe could you get with the cash, or a 370 etc.
  • 1999 Lexus IS200 - 1G-FE Turbo 6MT
  • 1973 ZF Ford Fairlane
Polyal is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
3 users like this post:
Old 23-10-2019, 08:45 PM   #8
CyberWasp
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I would like to see the same thing done with the EcoBoost Mustang and the Focus RS
CyberWasp is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 23-10-2019, 09:01 PM   #9
GO FURTHER
Donating Member3

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Fitting New Iridium Plugs & the state of the old ones - (Photo Essay) 

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberWasp View Post
I would like to see the same thing done with the EcoBoost Mustang and the Focus RS
Focus RS would win... Lighter and AWD.
GO FURTHER is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 24-10-2019, 09:02 AM   #10
Mechan1k
Donating Member1

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Brings a wealth of knowledge to the forums and is frequently giving helpful advice. Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Always willing to help out with technical information. 

Quote:
I agree guys, guess its just a case of what other 4 banger coupe could you get with the cash, or a 370 etc.
The closest thing that I can think of is the base model Kia Stinger with the 4cyl turbo in it.

But not coupe ... 4 door (coupe-looking hatch).

it does the 0-100 sprint in 6 seconds.
Mechan1k is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-10-2019, 10:35 AM   #11
GO FURTHER
Donating Member3

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Fitting New Iridium Plugs & the state of the old ones - (Photo Essay) 

Quote:
When I bought my MY17 built turbo in June 2018 brand new for $42K,
I did the same exercise, and there was absolutely nothing on the Australian market in a coupe at that price point that had the looks, features or performance.

Even the Stinger 4 banger was hard to find back then in stock, and cost a lot more.

The only other (non-coupe) that came close in price was the aging WRX.

Unfortunately the 2018 - 2019 Mustangs rose significantly in price by Ford Australia, because they could and they had no competition. But even the 4 cylinder at $50K+, they still represent great value when you compare what else is available at that price point brand new.

Only the more expensive Subaru WRX-STI would give it a run for the money in that engine class, and that was over $60K optioned out.

I would have considered a Focus RS, but at $65K it was far more expensive than a Mustang GT at the time, which I could buy for $56K.

Last edited by GO FURTHER; 24-10-2019 at 10:43 AM.
2 users like this post:
Old 29-10-2019, 09:07 PM   #12
Swordie

I couldn't tell from the video if they really going hard at it. The Ecoboost was the big surprise.
Swordie is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-10-2019, 11:01 PM   #13
GO FURTHER
Donating Member3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swordie View Post
I couldn't tell from the video if they really going hard at it. The Ecoboost was the big surprise.
Well, in a roll race, even in third gear, an older 2015 Ecoboost Mustang with just a tune, upgraded air intake and exhaust would embarrass a 2017 Shelby Mustang GT350 off the line for a fair distance before the raw horsepower of The GT takes over.

And we are talking a 200Hp advantage to the GT350. (526HP)

It's all about the low end torque the Ecoboost produces.

So I would say the new High Performance Ecoboost Mustang would certainly hold its own against the V8's and R-Spec.
Old 30-10-2019, 12:37 PM   #14
ute83
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by MITCHAY View Post
Cam and Will wearing race suits with full on helmets and good ol Dick is like yeah **** that kicking it with open face helmet and a shirt and vest. Still knows the racing lines too
DJ, what can you say. What a cool dude.
ute83 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post: