Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Ford Car Clubs > Maryborough Ford Car Club > Maryborough Ford Car Club - General Discussions

Old 05-01-2011, 12:30 AM   #1
XCwillo
Had Rep of GT-HO. Legit.

Default Hervey Bay Muscle Cruise

Also posted this in the QLD cruises forum

Hey guys
I'm organising a Muscle Cruise for Hervey bay on the 23rd of this month.
Here's the info

Quote:
Okay guys been meaning to set this one up for a while now.
Muscle cruise on sunday the 23rd at around 11ish.
By muscle i mean Muscle, non restrictive to era.
But it has to be true Muscle!
Not a VN Commonwhore with an exhuast.
So pretty much anything from the 50's, 60's, 70's, to mid 80's Anything after that has to be either XR6, XR8, Tickford, FPV, HSV or Mopar.
And no, I don't mean your BA XT Falcon with FPV badges ;P

Planning on meeting somewhere near the tip of point vernon, like the carpark to the hotell place place there/the boat ramp. Then from there after meeting up and sttracting attention from everyone we head off along the Esplanade.
Im thinking the cars go in chronological order, so earliest first and so on.
It'll look like an Evolution of Muscle Cruise

Whilst cruising along the 'nade, I say we pull up anchor at either Torquay or scarness beach, have a nice BBQ and chill sesh, talk about the cars, get a few piccys and so on, all the good stuff!
Now i realise tryinbg to find parking spots for everyone on a sunny sunday at the beach will be hard so depending on where we decide to go, I'll mark off a bunch of parking spots with Traffic cones and signs saying "Ambulance exercise in progress KEEP CLEAR"
Something like that so we can keep a bulk load of spots free for everyone ;)

After the BBQ we continue our cruise along the esplanade and then head out to somewhere really open (the industrial estate out past the cremotorium, and get a massive, organised group photo of all the cars together.
Should be awesome

Now i've only invited everyone i have on my list
If you know anyone else who qualifies for Muscle, then tell me about em or invite em to the event!
I stress the criteria of Muscle!

I've invited a Mate by the name of Luke Kendrick, He's an awesome photographer who takes the best pictures! Im sure her can work out some prices if you want your car professionally photographed
Remeber we will be out at the estate, far away from police + Awesome photographer = Awesome photos
And then we can organize to go out again later on in the night for some really awesome photos for those who can!

Happy Motoring!!
And here's the link to the facebook page
Just join up and say you are going or if ya' dont have a facebook then send me a PM and ill count you in!

http://www.facebook.com/event.php?ei...vent_invites=0

Old 24-01-2011, 07:48 PM   #2
Jestr75
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

A big thanks to XCwillo for organizing such a good day! Outstanding effort mate!

When you are dead, You don't know that you are dead
Only those around you know you are dead.
It's the same when you are STUPID!!!
Jestr75 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-01-2011, 08:40 PM   #3
Marquis 351
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Damm sorry I missed it!!!!!!!
Marquis 351 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-01-2011, 10:31 PM   #4
Coyote mk3
Clutch Cable Killer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jestr75
A big thanks to XCwillo for organizing such a good day! Outstanding effort mate!
Not wrong.
The day was bloody awesome to say the least.
So many nice cars (guessing around 50) cruising through town, no idiots and it took its time but great weather (after I had watermarks already )
Well and truly worth the full tank of fuel at $1.53 a litre.

Thanks again Willo.

p.s. post some night piccies somewhere already :p

EDIT: just realised what section this is in..woops haha. oh well.
HID projectors, lowered on King SL and Koni Shocks.

Daily - 2002 AUIII SR
Stock as she comes.

Coyote's EL XR6

^^Click Me^^

15.132@ 91.51 MPH

Photos by Me https://www.facebook.com/PhotosByMatthewWylie

Last edited by Coyote mk3; 24-01-2011 at 10:38 PM.
Coyote mk3 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post