Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Mondeo

Old 19-02-2014, 09:59 AM   #1
Abbey87
Starter Motor

Default Mondeo wagon boot size?

My husband and I are looking at buying a Mondeo Wagon LX (2010 model) but boot size is very important to us. We were going to buy the Commodore sportwagon as it has a huge 890L boot capacity. I am trying to find an exact on the boot capacity for the 2010 mondeo in terms of litres but can't find a definitive answer. Some websites say it's 542 litres and some say 1005L. That's a huge difference. Can anyone shed some light?
Thanks

Abbey87 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-02-2014, 12:58 PM   #2
morts
Starter Motor

Default Re: Mondeo wagon boot size?

My guess is that the 2 different results are from the way it is measured. The 542L with the lid pulled across, so only taking it account what is below that and the 1005L is with the lid retracted and taking in the whole area right up to the roof. As mentioned just a guess
morts is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-02-2014, 01:55 PM   #3
Abbey87
Starter Motor

Quote:
Originally Posted by morts View Post
My guess is that the 2 different results are from the way it is measured. The 542L with the lid pulled across, so only taking it account what is below that and the 1005L is with the lid retracted and taking in the whole area right up to the roof. As mentioned just a guess
Ah that could be it! It's the only thing that makes any sense
Abbey87 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-02-2014, 03:20 PM   #4
AlanD
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Hi Abbey87,

You can find all sorts of technical data by interrogating the Brochure scans that are provided by Russell (Thanks Russell). You will find the link at the top of the Mondeo thread page.

The MC version scans show a rear seat up volume for the wagon of 1005 litres and a rear seat folded volume of 2163 litres. morts is probably right that the 542 litre figure is with the "security blind" closed.

Another factor is the height above the floor to the roof lip, with the tailgate open. I'm going to guess that the Mondeo will be greater than the Commodore owing to the roof droop that the sportwagon has from above the rear seat to the tailgate. This dimension will define the height of the largest "box" you can fit in.

Hope this helps

Cheers

Our Drive: Mondeo
MD TDCi Titanium Wagon
Ruby Red

AlanD is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-02-2014, 08:17 PM   #5
allanv6gt
Tippy-tronic Free Zone

Yep, the 'black box' method was introduced a long time ago as a way of standardising these types of measurements. With a wagon, it's the degree of access that is important.
allanv6gt is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-02-2014, 11:22 AM   #6
whitelion65
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I've said it before, if you don't need all of the boot room in a Commodore sedan, then go for the Sportyswagon!
Steve
whitelion65 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-03-2014, 06:29 PM   #7
GK
Walking with God

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitelion65 View Post
I've said it before, if you don't need all of the boot room in a Commodore sedan, then go for the Sportyswagon!
Steve
I was comparing boot sizes between a BF3 wagon and VE sports wagon last year or so. Massive difference.

I'd reckon my Mondeo hatch would outdo a sports wagon for boot space. I was pleasantly surprised when we loaded it up for our annual family trip. I almost took as much gear as the AU wagon did.

GK

2015 Kia Sorento Platinum - Snow White Pearl

2001 Ducati Monster 900Sie - Red

Now gone!
1999 AU1 Futura Wagon - Sparkling Burgundy
On LPG

Want a Full Life? John 10:10
GK is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post