Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Fiesta, Festiva and Ka

Old 23-07-2015, 05:44 PM   #1
mrkaka22
Starter Motor

Default 2006 Fiesta Zetec questions

Hi!
I'm looking at purchasing a 06 Fiesta zetec which is on 100,000 kms.
The vehicle hasn't had the timing belt changed and i think its probably a good idea to get it done ASAP.

Are there any good workshops (besides ford)?
Roughly how much am i looking at?

Also can you guys tell me the common faults with these cars and what to look for besides the usual stuff when i go and have a look?

Thanks!!
mrkaka22 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-07-2015, 08:36 PM   #2
fiestaz
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: 2006 Fiesta Zetec questions

A bit early for a Timing Belt Change. They are good for 150,000kms or ten years. I wouldn't worry about it right now.

To get a Water Pump and Timing Belt done on my 04 Fiesta was about $800. Should cost around that.
Old 23-07-2015, 08:52 PM   #3
Terriplod

Changing the t-belt is a good preventative maintenance option. New head with valves mmm $1500+. I changed a focus t-belt recently at the "recommended 150k" once I removed the belt I saw external cracks, I folded the belt in the direction it is supposed to and it broke through 80% of the rubber (lucky owner). Only other problem I have seen is the throttle bodies have moments and only let the car rev to 2k and has a code in the odometer cluster cant remember E???. Switch off car and start again problem solved until next time.
I would do plugs, belt, w/pump, cam and crank seal (make sure they are requested even if they "aren't" leaking, full brake fluid flush and a new air filter as they suffer from blow by and pcv is fed in just before the air filter.

I still remember the first 2.0l fiesta I roadtested cut snake on train tracks is an understatement. Enjoy your fuel savings too. My terry will use more fuel in the cold start cycle than you may do in a day hahaha
Terriplod is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-07-2015, 12:16 AM   #4
kiwijohn42
Death B4 Decaf

I just had the timing belt done in mine. $735 at Ford in Hobart, though i supplied the oil.
In the 9 years I've had her, she's been pretty much faultless, apart from people backing into her.
I've averaged 7.1L/100km, (Gashog is the first app I ever bought & I've logged every fill for 120k)
Tyres are an odd size & it was cheaper to go up to to a 205/45/16 rather than the original 195. I'm rolling on Bridgestone Potenza Adrenalin RE002's & you can push them so hard in the corners you wouldn't believe. Wet or dry.
Old 24-07-2015, 02:10 AM   #5
mrkaka22
Starter Motor

Thanks for the responses!

I will definitely replace the timing belt and water pump just for peace of mind.

Kiwiijohn, i noticed you have put focus clear side indicators in. Are they a straight fit? Would look much better!
mrkaka22 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-07-2015, 09:39 AM   #6
kiwijohn42
Death B4 Decaf

Yes, identical shape & size. They're from a Focus from the same year.