Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Mondeo

Old 13-12-2012, 11:49 PM   #1
cbatz
Starter Motor

Default Opal sat-nav stereo for Mondeo

Hi everyone, I've recently come across the Opal brand sat-nav head units for the Mondeo and I'm wanting to know if anyone has had any experience with them or even knows anything about the brand. They appear to be a nice unit but not being a known brand I am a bit unsure about them. Any help is appreciated. Thanks

cbatz is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-12-2012, 12:35 AM   #2
apstar
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: Opal sat-nav stereo for Mondeo

Have you a link to the system?

apstar
apstar is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-12-2012, 10:11 PM   #3
cbatz
Starter Motor

http://aus-audio.com.au If you look under products and the mondeo link you'll find it there. It look like a good system with a 3 year warranty that looks like it really belongs when fitted.
Old 14-12-2012, 11:06 PM   #4
apstar
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

What about Australian maps?

apstar
apstar is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-12-2012, 12:56 AM   #5
Canyonero
Wow, this is roomy!

Mmmm, am I the only one thinks it funny that Cbatz's first post is promote a product? I think a little more information is required.

MINE: Escape ZG Trend 2.0L EcoBoost AWD, Magnetic with Technology Pack, Power Tailgate and Keyless Entry

SWMBO: "The Canyonero" Territory SY TS AWD, 7 seats, Mercury Silver (Now gone to a new home, Feb 2024)
Canyonero is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-12-2012, 01:07 PM   #6
bovva66

Website is a bit vague. No prices or list of sellers/installers, or details of 'where to buy', no physical address.

Not much to go on, and have been burned by other companies, supposedly Australian, but end up being dubious and unreliable.
Old 16-12-2012, 03:30 PM   #7
cbatz
Starter Motor

Canyonero, I'm not promoting anything, I'm looking to install an aftermarket head unit with sat-nav and a car audio chain in Adelaide recommended them to me. I know nothing about them which is why I posted the question. If you find that funny instead of offering useful advice, what is the point of having a forum?
Old 16-12-2012, 03:35 PM   #8
cbatz
Starter Motor

Thanks bovva66, I'm starting to think the same thing, I might just go with one of the name brands, pay more and avoid any quality issues that could arise with something unknown.
Old 17-12-2012, 11:59 AM   #9
Canyonero
Wow, this is roomy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbatz View Post
Canyonero, I'm not promoting anything, I'm looking to install an aftermarket head unit with sat-nav and a car audio chain in Adelaide recommended them to me. I know nothing about them which is why I posted the question. If you find that funny instead of offering useful advice, what is the point of having a forum?
OK, cbatz, If that is the case, then I'll accept what you say.

I asked the question because I have seen other cases where people create an identity, without any details, to promote their product and have posed as innocuous enquirers. I would you suggest that you create a more detailed profile.

MINE: Escape ZG Trend 2.0L EcoBoost AWD, Magnetic with Technology Pack, Power Tailgate and Keyless Entry

SWMBO: "The Canyonero" Territory SY TS AWD, 7 seats, Mercury Silver (Now gone to a new home, Feb 2024)
Canyonero is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-12-2012, 08:33 PM   #10
ian b

also looking at Opal for GPS and reverse camera arrangement,mainly beause they offer a piano black unit which matches the facsia, quoted $1650 installed.