Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Old 24-08-2011, 08:59 PM   #31
Stav
Smile

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Always ready to help others over the years on AFF with advice and tips along the way 
Default Re: I sold the wagon :(

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sox
Sorry to hear that mate, but not totally unexpected.
I have vowed never to sell my AU's, and will probably continue the collection, so I'll have neough to keep me going until I drop dead.
Dont sell it man.The au is the best modern ford made inAustralia.

Single din radio fascias for fg to fgx fords Australia wide .

FG 1 2 and 3 gauge holder in stock now! https://stingraycar.com.au/shop/
Site Sponsor See Sponsor Stingray Car Security 😍👌✌

AU wagon 6 14.241@96.75 1/4 mile sold.Octane fg xr6 turbo!! 12.312 112.21 mph home tune f6 injectors gone ..now in nitro fgxr6t ready to go again
Stav is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-08-2011, 09:00 PM   #32
Stav
Smile

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Always ready to help others over the years on AFF with advice and tips along the way 

Maybe I am a bit miffed at the moment but I need to get to work and dont have a car..

AU wagon 6 14.241@96.75 1/4 mile sold.Octane fg xr6 turbo!! 12.312 112.21 mph home tune f6 injectors gone ..now in nitro fgxr6t ready to go again
Old 24-08-2011, 09:05 PM   #33
Smoke Pursuit
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: DASH/bfiipursuit has been alot of help over the years I have frequented this forum, lots of thoughtful and informed posts, very much a valued contributor. 

FGs are generally good cars..

I assume a dealer is fixing all your problems? Try not to let it get you down and I dont know why you dont deal with a dealer who offers you a free loan car while they are fixing the other one.
Smoke Pursuit is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-08-2011, 09:06 PM   #34
Sox
RIP...

Community Builder: In recognition of those who have helped build the AFF community. - Issue reason: As recommended by Ropcher. Personifies the spirit of AFF. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stav
Dont sell it man.The au is the best modern ford made inAustralia.
I have no intention.

You'll be right with your new ride, all will come good.
Old 24-08-2011, 09:07 PM   #35
Stav
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by DASH GT
FGs are generally good cars..

I assume a dealer is fixing all your problems? Try not to let it get you down and I dont know why you dont deal with a dealer who offers you a free loan car while they are fixing the other one.
Its not too bad..but im a bit dissapointed as I am stuck for the moment.Yes true..it will be back home tommorow hopefully and Ill regret making this post..

Old 24-08-2011, 09:10 PM   #36
Stav
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sox
I have no intention.

You'll be right with your new ride, all will come good.
Once I start tinkering with it ..it will be what it should be. I guess Ill have to be patient.
I am going to get a bung put in the exhaust soon I think and throw my wideband on it to se what its doing in there. I have a suspicion its pig rich as well. From there my new journey will begin.

Old 24-08-2011, 09:21 PM   #37
Mechan1k
Donating Member1

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Brings a wealth of knowledge to the forums and is frequently giving helpful advice. Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Always willing to help out with technical information. 

I hate the niggly issues .... but once that is sorted though .... you will enjoy it.
The FGs are decent vehicles ... and I don't find that many complain about it really .... not as much as the B-series and AUs though.

I'd be tempted to go back to an AU though if i didn't need my ute anymore ... and if i did ... I'd be looking at a nicely looked after T-series ... have always wanted one and the prices are looking good for them as well.
Mechan1k is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-08-2011, 09:22 PM   #38
HLC
Audi S3

id sell my AU if it had WA rego!!! cant get it licensed in WA :( it's time is done, much like yours Stav! I have no need for 2 cars!!

you may regret it now, but you won't in the long run!!!!
Old 24-08-2011, 09:24 PM   #39
Stav
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mechan1k
I hate the niggly issues .... but once that is sorted though .... you will enjoy it.
The FGs are decent vehicles ... and I don't find that many complain about it really .... not as much as the B-series and AUs though.

I'd be tempted to go back to an AU though if i didn't need my ute anymore ... and if i did ... I'd be looking at a nicely looked after T-series ... have always wanted one and the prices are looking good for them as well.
Im just never satisfied lol.. Have to make this thing better I think lol

Old 24-08-2011, 09:28 PM   #40
Stav
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by HLC
id sell my AU if it had WA rego!!! cant get it licensed in WA :( it's time is done, much like yours Stav! I have no need for 2 cars!!

you may regret it now, but you won't in the long run!!!!
I think I am bit bored too...I might swing past the wreckers and buy an fg
xr6t intake manifold and port it for fun..then make some enquiries on tougher suspension bushes... on the cards also may be vcm suite..and few other little mods..which will probably snowball again ... Im feeling better I confessed my anxiety now

Old 25-08-2011, 11:55 AM   #41
blueoval
Critical Thinker

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Well thought out and constructive posts.  A real credit to this forum. 

wow, serious Stav? I would have thought the FG would have been your dream car. Still Im semi-surprised to hear the FG has as many issues as it does considering its extra technology and all. It kind of makes me want to keep my AU not only for nostalgia reasons but also for reliability and the back up car should a newer car crap itself. (I plan on getting another car soon as a daily)

Seems like most people here when they sell their beloved AU to move on to a newer Ford, they regret it or miss it in some way.

I do admit though, with all the mods Ive done to my car, I haven't needed to repair things as much, just kept up with the maintenance and made improvements along the way. It's actually been a pretty reliable car seeing as I am still running the stock standard engine and trans internally. I kind of get what most of you AUvians are on about. But I haven't experienced the turmoil of the newer Fords not being as reliable.

2022 Mazda CX5 GTSP Turbo

2018 Hyundai Santa Fe Highlander

1967 XR FALCON 500

Cars previously owned:
2021 Subaru Outback Sport
2018 Subaru XV-S
2012 Subaru Forester X
2007 Subaru Liberty GT
2001 AU2 75th Anniversary Futura
2001 Subaru GX wagon
1991 EB XR8
1977 XC Fairmont
1990 EA S Pak
1984 XE S Pak
1982 ZJ Fairlane
1983 XE Fairmont
1989 EA Falcon
1984 Datsun Bluebird Wagon
1975 Honda Civic
blueoval is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-08-2011, 11:59 AM   #42
Mr Hardware
Flairs - Truckers Delight

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: The excellent how to on LPG jet cleaning. 

your fg xr6 turbo - im guessing you didn't buy it new, so what was its previous life like? why did someone sell it?
Old 29-08-2011, 10:28 AM   #43
Futura01
horsepower

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stav
I thought Ill put it on carsales today..So I did around 530 pm. By 545 I had a buyer ring me. It had a flat battery so I jumpstarted it and in 20 minutes the guys came down to take a look. Nice fellows they were 2 brothers. I let them drive it up woodville Rd and they were gentle with it.I said to them pull into the side street so I can show them . Ok I took off in first gear and planted the beast with its roaring exhaust withing 3 seconds the words were...we will buy it!!
They went and got the money paid like gentleman and it seems the wagon will be getting a supercharger in its new life... I watched it drive away with that amazing exhaust and it was like I just married a child off and its not coming back:( My xr6turbo is a quick car and the turbo boys might talk up their cars but that wagon on the street had it all over them. Just hitting the accelerator and watching iot kick down going ballistic in acceleration was my last good bye...
As they left all the memories flooded back as they babied it up the road..
a tear came to my eye until I saw the cash in my hands...it eased my pain but god I loved that car......
Cant believe you sold her !!! i still got mine and still cant part with her even though she has seen better days.
Futura01 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post