Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 29-07-2015, 01:01 AM   #1
Syndrome
Ford screwed the Falcon

Question If Ford Aust did design an 8th generation Falcon, what would it look like?

No, this isn't a thread about discussing Ford fitting factory s/c V8s pulling 10 second quarters, getting 5 L/100km and costing $25,000.

Based on current global styling trends and what the other global Ford products currently look like, what could an 8th generation Falcon look like? Keen to see what the photoshop experts on this forum can produce.

NB - 1st Gen XK,KL,XM, XP
2nd Gen XR, XT, XW, XY
3rd Gen XA, XB, XC
4th Gen XD, XE, XF
5th Gen EA, EB, ED, EF, EL
6th Gen AU, BA, BF
7th Gen FG, FG X

My cars

Current ride
2016 FG X XR6 - 6 speed manual

Previous rides
2009 FG XR6 - 6 speed auto
2006 BF MkII XT ESP - 6 speed auto
2003 BA XT V8 - 5 speed manual
1999 AU Forte - 5 speed manual
1997 EL Fairmont - 4 speed auto
1990 EAII Fairmont Ghia - 4 speed auto
Syndrome is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
4 users like this post:
Old 29-07-2015, 01:27 AM   #2
MethodX
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: If Ford Aust did design an 8th generation Falcon, what would it look like?

Taurus looking with that Mondeo corporate nose?
MethodX is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-07-2015, 01:53 AM   #3
Express
Bathed In A Yellow Glow

Default Re: If Ford Aust did design an 8th generation Falcon, what would it look like?

I’ve always been a big fan of the Classics and like the current leaning towards new performance cars with the retro look.

Here’s Henry in his first Ford, Photoshop it.

Express is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
3 users like this post:
Old 29-07-2015, 03:14 AM   #4
arronm
BA/F6 BF/F6 SSV/R TTG

I have posted a photo of the new falcon below

Nizpro equipped and Tuned by the BEST in the west
Xtreme Ford Tuning

479RwKw Fuel limited, more pumps and power too come.

F6#0507 & #0639 Pro racer and Tech expert

NIZPRO modifying falcons like Premcar can only dream of , see VIDEO below.
https://youtu.be/oa4IfguGQ-A
arronm is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 29-07-2015, 03:58 AM   #5
MethodX
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

The interceptor show car from 2007.
MethodX is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-07-2015, 11:24 AM   #6
Squalo
Two Wheels Good

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech article(s) 

Quote:
Originally Posted by arronm View Post

Yep, looks about right.
1969 Kombi
Squalo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-07-2015, 01:42 PM   #7
Syndrome
Ford screwed the Falcon

Quote:
Originally Posted by arronm View Post

Reading and comprehension not one of your stronger skills eh? I asked what it could look like, not what does it look like.

My cars

Current ride

Previous rides

Last edited by Syndrome; 29-07-2015 at 02:12 PM.
2 users like this post:
Old 29-07-2015, 01:44 PM   #8
PHATAL
Donating Member
Donating Member1

look on the front page of fordmods.com - new Taurus for Asia

XF Falcon S Update EFI - SOLD
EL2 XR8 - SOLD
BF F6 RSPEC #139 - SOLD
Now rocking the SZ Territory Titanium Petrol Family Beast
PHATAL is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-07-2015, 01:51 PM   #9
TheInterceptor
Cruising...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Syndrome View Post

Based on current global styling trends and what the other global Ford products currently look like, what could an 8th generation Falcon look like?

One would hope it'd look better than the current one.

Subaru Outback '02
TheInterceptor is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
4 users like this post:
Old 29-07-2015, 02:02 PM   #10
Dauphin
Irregular member

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Endless work keeping the AU.com.au web site happening 

I can't find the pictures but someone on here did a very squared-off blunt-nose concept years ago and then the Chrysler 300C came along which featured these themes. I think it'd go in this direction. Edit: It was based on retro XY-series styling.

My hovercraft is full of eels!

Movie Car Chase of the Week: Gene Hackman driving a 1971 Pontiac LeMans to chase an elevated train in The French Connection (1971).
Dauphin is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-07-2015, 03:49 PM   #11
FalconXV
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

What I would've hoped to see:

Quote:
FORD ANNOUNCES $1.5BILLION INVESTMENT IN BROADMEADOWS FACILITY TO PUSH RWD PLATFORM

Dearborn, Mich.

Ford has today announced sweeping plans to reverse its decision to close its Australian manufacturing operations, as part of a broader plan to expand into new market segments, and capitalise on the untapped resources Down Under.

Vice President Joe Hindrichs had this statement : 'For too long, Ford has turned its back on the efforts of Australian engineers, often duplicating their work, without necessarily generating a better result. We now realize that the One Ford frame work needs to be more flexbile, or we risk losing a precious resource. There is no time for Not Invented Here anymore.'

As part of the investment, the Falcon and Territory will be integrated into a new modular platform, that Ford says can accommodate front, rear and all-wheel drive- similar to Toyota's TNGA platform. As such, they are expected to get longer wheelbases, but far more compact dimensions, with the Falcon sedan expected to achieve a Cd around the 0.2 mark.

The new platform will have aluminium parts- such as the floorpan, and will see the Falcon product pushed upmarket, for higher profit margins and will also form the basis of Lincoln's first serious push into premium territory for decades.

The existing bodies will continue, but the new Falcon ute will utilize F150's rear truck chassis section, to eliminate duplication. A new city-car variant using just the Supercab of the ute for its entire body will also be added, combining the width and comfort of Falcon with extremely compact dimensions [ wish I was more skilled on Photoshop, I've drawn lots of these].

As part of the announcement, Ford will also invest in its straight-six engine. With Mercedes and Jaguar moving back into the straight-six arena, Ford plans to replace its Duratec V6's across the board with a revitalised version of the straight six. Changes are set to include direct injection aswell as port, ability to switch to Atkinson cycle and new, magnesium block. The engine will be more compact as the accessories are relocated to the back end, with a switch to electronic valve control expected next decade.
Redline increases to 7500 rpm.

The straight six will be LPG only. Diesel variants will also be exported for use in the F150 and Ranger.
The switch to aluminium chassis means the 1.0 Ecoboost can be used in the base model for the first time.

New 8- speed automatic transmission and 7-speed Tremec manuals are standard on the High Output variants, with a slick-shifting unit used in the MX-5 on lesser models.

Falcon ute range will expand to include Super Heavy Duty models, capable of hauling a shipping container, using a turbo LPG version of its straight six, and a beefed up chassis from the Brazillian Cargo model.

G6E models will square up against 5-series and Genesis, using Australian outback inspired luxury materials, such as Gum-tree woodgrain and other local textures.
A man can dream....
FalconXV is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-07-2015, 03:56 PM   #12
Wretched
Render unto Caesar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dauphin View Post
I can't find the pictures but someone on here did a very squared-off blunt-nose concept years ago and then the Chrysler 300C came along which featured these themes. I think it'd go in this direction. Edit: It was based on retro XY-series styling.
This it?

Old 29-07-2015, 03:59 PM   #13
Dauphin
Irregular member

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Endless work keeping the AU.com.au web site happening 

No, it was more square-like than that. I saw those in Google Images and thought maybe it's by the same guy but that's not it. And it was a four-door sedan.

My hovercraft is full of eels!

Movie Car Chase of the Week: Gene Hackman driving a 1971 Pontiac LeMans to chase an elevated train in The French Connection (1971).
Dauphin is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-07-2015, 05:39 PM   #14
Squalo
Two Wheels Good

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech article(s) 

1969 Kombi
Squalo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
8 users like this post:
Old 29-07-2015, 05:43 PM   #15
arronm
BA/F6 BF/F6 SSV/R TTG

Quote:
Originally Posted by Syndrome View Post
Reading and comprehension not one of your stronger skills eh? I asked what it could look like, not what does it look like.
Could , should , would. If you really need to know visit Ford USA and take your pick

Nizpro equipped and Tuned by the BEST in the west
Xtreme Ford Tuning

479RwKw Fuel limited, more pumps and power too come.

F6#0507 & #0639 Pro racer and Tech expert

NIZPRO modifying falcons like Premcar can only dream of , see VIDEO below.
https://youtu.be/oa4IfguGQ-A
arronm is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-07-2015, 06:39 PM   #16
XG_Falcon

Judging by what they've done with the FGX, the next one would look really bad.
XG_Falcon is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 29-07-2015, 06:54 PM   #17
XRtowcar
Mustang GT mmmmmm......

Maybe we could send the FGX dies to Argentina and they can keep it alive for the next thirty years.
Old 29-07-2015, 06:57 PM   #18
Adamz Ghia
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Well Mondeo from memory introduced the styling theme on FG, so one could assume it would resemble Mondeo or the new Fiesta due next year might introduce the next styling language the rest of the range will follow...
Adamz Ghia is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-07-2015, 07:01 PM   #19
XG_Falcon

Quote:
Originally Posted by XRtowcar View Post
Maybe we could send the FGX dies to Argentina and they can keep it alive for the next thirty years.
like Mengele?
XG_Falcon is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 29-07-2015, 07:40 PM   #20
Crazy Dazz
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Old 29-07-2015, 08:09 PM   #21
superyob
Banned

Sloping bonnet,chrome bumpers, 2 doors, upswept quarters, honeycomb style grille divided in the middle, wrap around dash...
superyob is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-07-2015, 08:17 PM   #22
wicksy
Just a bogan VF SS driver

i heard if they did go back for 8th gen they would bring the EA interior back, they reckon its nearly as modern as the FG X
Old 29-07-2015, 09:52 PM   #23
FalconXV
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Maybe we'll be able to 3D print our own in 10 years or so... Even old early bird models.
FalconXV is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-07-2015, 10:35 PM   #24
xr8territory
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I just realised why Ford decided to withdraw from Australia.
XW UTE, XW FAIRMONT, XT GT, XT Fairmont, EF XR8, XH XR8 UTE, XH XR8 UTE, AU UTE, Renault Scenic, XF UTE, BA XR8 UTE, TERRITORY, Chrysler Voyager, WS FIESTA ZETEC,TERRITORY TITANIUM, BA UTE, Nissan Pathfinder, AU Falcon Forte, BA XR8 UTE.
xr8territory is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 29-07-2015, 11:02 PM   #25
Cav
HUGH JARSE
Donating Member2

Cav is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-07-2015, 12:16 AM   #26
Syndrome
Ford screwed the Falcon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cav View Post
Seriously?

My cars

Current ride

Previous rides
Old 30-07-2015, 11:03 AM   #27
Vesper Martini
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Give up, Falcon has gone, if by some small chance they did resurrect the name it would be on a Taurus.
Seadoo Challenger 210SE 310HP
Vesper Martini is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-07-2015, 11:32 AM   #28
Syndrome
Ford screwed the Falcon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bevsta007 View Post
Give up, Falcon has gone, if by some small chance they did resurrect the name it would be on a Taurus.
Another person who has missed the point of this thread.

Yes, the Falcon is gone. Yes it isn't coming back. No, this thread will not make Ford change it's opinion. But we are allowed to dream of what could have been and give TALENTED people the opportunity to produce ideas of what an 8th generation Falcon may have looked like.

My cars

Current ride

Previous rides
5 users like this post:
Old 30-07-2015, 01:19 PM   #29
Vesper Martini
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

No mate, I'm saying let it go.

If it ever came back it would be a FWD sedan, and there's a fantastic looking New larger Mondeo there already

Keep soaring with the eagles in the clouds
Seadoo Challenger 210SE 310HP
Vesper Martini is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-07-2015, 02:54 PM   #30
Mont5.0
FF.Com.Au Hardcore
Donating Member3

I think it would look identical to a new lancer but with ford badge on the grille.