Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 12-03-2020, 09:47 PM   #31
guzzis3
AU3 ute EL futura

Default Re: Will Honda Stay in Australia

We happened to be in a honda dealership last weekend, the boss is considering a new car. We were told the warrantee is 5 years but if you get servicing with the dealer it extends to 7 years powertrain only.

I needed a shower by the time we left. And probably a purge....

SWMBO is looking at corollas now.
guzzis3 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-03-2020, 11:35 PM   #32
csv8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Honda opened a new motorcyle, stand alone dealership in Rockhampton,in December. Must be money in bikes.
Old 13-03-2020, 11:50 AM   #33
hayseed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eurotrash View Post

Fiat and Alfa Romeo cars will go and their Fiat LCV's, the Doblo and Ducato vans could be rebadged as RAMs, like they are in the North and South American markets.

This is just my opinion ……

I reckon they leave the LCV's to IVECO,,,

I'm pretty sure the Ducato & Daily are the same animal.. (but happy to be corrected)

Just My 2 cents worth.
hayseed is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-03-2020, 06:14 AM   #34
Incontro

Sad... I'd still rather own a boring Honda then a crappy overpriced euro that costs a kidney each year because of ****ty electronics or a crappy drivetrain.

I remember my friends 5th gen Accord from the 90s - 2 door, 2.2L manual with a sunroof, was so much fun to drive in the summer.
Incontro is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 15-03-2020, 06:54 AM   #35
pwr4ce
Donating Member2

Quote:
Originally Posted by marty351 View Post
Sister had a '93 Prelude, design, engineering, build quality, damn fine car.

We to had a Prelude - ‘92 model. Great car, well styled and it had the V-tech engine. Back then it was the Japanese Mercedes

As for the market - any business can only lose money for so long before needing to take decisive action. I feel at the moment that it’s a race to the bottom to win market share. In today’s climate with exchange rates, state of the economy and now Coronavirus it would make being a manufacturer or dealer very difficult.

I think the next 6-12 months will be very telling
pwr4ce is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-03-2020, 01:09 PM   #36
Bossxr8
Peter Car

Planning a big drop in sales, cutting dealers and models. Taking the Ford approach and dropping entry level models and trying to sell the more profitable higher spec models. I think we will see more manufacturers taking this approach over the next 12 months.

https://www.goauto.com.au/news/honda...-24/82113.html

Annual sales to drop below 20,000 as Honda downsizes with agency model in Australia

24 Mar 2020

By ROBBIE WALLIS

HONDA Australia has announced that it expects its annual sales to plummet to less than half of its 2019 volume by 2021 as the company moves to an agency sales model and smaller franchised dealer network.

Along with the reduction of its dealer network, the Japanese brand will also streamline its range of product offerings that will see the Jazz light hatch and City light sedan dropped from the range.

According to Honda, the rationalisation of its line-up and the economic impact of the COVID-19 virus are expected to contribute to the brand selling around 1650 cars per month from mid-2021, which would result in a yearly figure of 19,800 vehicles.

The revised figure would represent less than half of the sales volume the brand currently achieves, with Honda selling 43,868 units in 2019, down from 51,525 across the previous 12 months.

Its best year in Australia came in 2007 when it managed 60,529 local sales, while its 2021 prediction would mark the first time this century that the brand could drop below 20,000 sales in this market.

As part of its product restructure, the company said the majority of its sales will come from its three core models – the CR-V medium SUV, HR-V small SUV and Civic small car, which together made up 82 per cent of overall Honda volume in 2019 with more than 36,000 units sold.

The three sales pillars will be supported by the Accord medium sedan and Odyssey people-mover, which contributed 1861 units last year.

The hi-po Civic Type R hatch will remain, however no mention of the $420,000 NSX hybrid supercar in Honda’s future plans suggests the slow-selling coupe might be facing its last days in Australian dealerships.

As for the Jazz and City that are now rolling into retirement, the Jazz contributed 5263 sales last year while the City managed 669 new registrations.

The City will be retired over the course of this year, while potential Jazz buyers will have until early 2021 if they want to secure one of the last of Honda’s pint-sized hatchbacks.

Along with the reduction in models, Honda Australia will restructure its range with an emphasis on reduced variant choice, with only higher-level variants to be retained.

In line with commitments made earlier, hybridisation will also become more prominent in the Honda line-up, with a hybrid model to be introduced every time a new-generation model change occurs.

The change in the Australian product line-up will also be influenced by product sourcing, with the company to review its importing to better suit the line-up and what it refers to as “business realities”.

Honda Australia currently sources vehicles from the UK, US, Thailand and Japan, suggesting that those “business realities” will see a greater range of product sourced from the more affordable Japanese and Thai markets, along with the UK-built Civic Type R.

The predicted fall in sales comes as Honda looks to improve the quality of experience for the customer, with volume “no longer the priority” under the new agency business model.

Honda intends to reduce its dealer network starting July 2021, mirroring the set-up seen in New Zealand with franchised dealers and an agency sales model in an effort to combat tough local sales conditions.

Honda Australia is yet to divulge exactly how many dealers will be culled from its current network, however the company says metropolitan dealers will cover larger regions as part of a ‘hub-and-spoke’ style of network.

It added that it will be “substantially maintaining the same number of sites” to not affect customer convenience.

Moving to an agency sales model is designed in theory to provide an easier ownership experience, better resale values and more transparent new-car pricing.

Honda Australia director Stephen Collins said in a statement that the move to an agency model was required to reflect current trading conditions and changing buyer expectations.

“Customer preferences are changing and other industries have evolved while the automotive industry still uses a model that is decades old,” he said.

“We have excellent customer retention and want to reward our loyal and highly valued customer base with a more relational and less transactional experience.

“We know our customers want good value, strong resale value and a seamless ownership experience on top of reliable engineering and quality vehicles.”

Through the first two months of 2020, Honda has sold 6958 units, down 12.0 per cent on the 7907 managed to the same point last year.
Bossxr8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 25-03-2020, 09:10 PM   #37
Trendseeker

I saw a similar article in Drive. They also mentioned that from mid next year all prices on new Honda vehicles will be fixed and not negotiable with the dealer. Dealers will be showrooms only. All new vehicles will be held by Honda and issued to the dealer when they make a sale.

https://www.drive.com.au/news/honda-...leResults8News

Last edited by Trendseeker; 25-03-2020 at 09:21 PM. Reason: Added link to article
Trendseeker is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-03-2020, 07:22 PM   #38
MercuryT
Banned

I loved my 10yo old Honda Integra when young.

Bloody good car for its time! Extremely reliable too.

Honda seem to have lost any sense of enjoyment these days.

Not sure what their market actually is.
MercuryT is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-03-2020, 12:21 PM   #39
Franco Cozzo
Thailand Specials

From when Honda badge actually meant something, this thing was the ultimate P plater weapon from over a decade ago with vehicle restrictions keeping anyone out of turbo'd or V8 cars.
Franco Cozzo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-03-2020, 12:51 PM   #40
stefcio007
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Thank you, finally someone posted something about the Integra.

My friend owned one and it was fun driving up to Mt Buller in the summer. I couldn't drive yet but just being a passenger was an experience, can't say that too much about cars these days.
V-tec was cool.
stefcio007 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post