Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > B Series.com.au > B Series.com.au Events and Meets

B Series.com.au Events and Meets All the B Series Social Gatherings

Old 29-01-2010, 10:47 PM   #1
Burnout
Falcon RTV - FG G6ET
Donating Member3

Default B Series Motor Meet 2010 - Where to from here???

I'm starting this thread because of some discussions which were held recently between Megs GT (Meg), Grum(Greg), Fox 270(Frank) and myself as we happened into the conversation over a BBQ, Frank's Bonnet, a few Beers/Rums....

We talked about B Series 2009 & 2008 and how well both events had gone....Naturally we raised the issue about where the 2010 Meet should go from the 2009 Meet.

Questions for discussion:

Where do you think we should hold the B Series Meet for 2010?
Parkes NSW is very Central for most B Series owners.

If we move the venue, this raises issues in costs of scale; ie: Public Liability Insurance, for example. (As our "Club" is NOT incorparated, this insurance would be next to impossible to obtain) & insurance is expensive and would add to entry fees greatly.

When should the Motor Meet be held?
If we stick with Parkes we would be insane not to venue with the Western Districts Car Club as we fall under their umbrella of insurance and local acceptance.

Some very active members were disappointed that the accommodation was divided between some different hotel/motel/van parks etc.
Should we try to take over just one accommodation venue for the entrants & supporters?

Should a few more members become more involved in the organisation of the motor meet?
Would anyone step up?

Should we even have a Third (2010) B Series Motor Meet?

Do you the B Series members have any questions/issues you want discussed concerning the B Series Meet?

Questions for you to ponder.........

RTV Power
FG G6ET 50th Anniversary in Sensation.
While the basic Ford Six was code named Barra, the Turbo version clearly deserved its very own moniker – again enter Gordon Barfield.
We asked him if the engine had actually been called “Seagull” and how that came about.
“Actually it was just call “Gull”, because I named it that. Because we knew it was going to poo on everything”.

Last edited by Burnout; 29-01-2010 at 10:53 PM.
Burnout is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-01-2010, 11:02 PM   #2
naddis01
\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/

I was actually thinking about this the other day (not that I have made it to one yet), and the possible location. This may be a little left field, but what what about Darlington Point (pop 1000)? 500km from Melbourne, 600km from Sydney, 800km from Adelaide. On the intersection of 2 highways (Sturt highway and Kidman Way).

As I said it is a little left field and I understand if there is no interest. The major problem I see is accommodation, but Griffith, pop 25000ish, is only 35km away. Accommodation wise Darlington Point only has a caravan park, pub and club (3 cabins) but Griffith has plenty.

Anyway, I just thought I would throw it out there. :
naddis01 is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-01-2010, 11:40 PM   #3
Tray
......Car Crazy......

Nice thinking naddic01, would give alot of people a chance to come as I definatly would not travel to sydney. But it would be to far for the sydney boys
WANTED - BF MK2.5 XR6 Seduce - PM me
RIP SHYXR
Tray is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-01-2010, 02:02 AM   #4
Suvo
BA Fairmont Ghia X

Remember there will also be brisvegas people coming aswell.. just a thought. I am in serious thought about going this year (last year was too messed up). Looking forward to where gets decided.
2002 BA Fairmont GHIA X, Now 230kw 3V V8 + ZF 6sp (Semi retired)
1994 Land Rover Discovery 1 3.9 Manual (Bush hack)
1992 DC LTD, 5L (Daily)
1979 ZJ Fairlane, Sno White (Gone but not forgotten)
1979 P6 LTD Town Car, Clevo goodness
Suvo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-01-2010, 11:01 AM   #5
Burnout
Falcon RTV - FG G6ET
Donating Member3

Yes - Don't forget Brisvagas people, they've been there for both Meets.

Location is a tough question, there was a lot of discussion when the First meet was being discussed.
Parkes turned out to be very central.
This does not close the door on location -----

Have your say, are you interested in a change of venue, especially those of you who have been to the B Series Meet in Parkes? Does it fit across your shoulders for fun factor? Do you know of a better place where we can follow all those pursuits we have at Parkes?

RTV Power
While the basic Ford Six was code named Barra, the Turbo version clearly deserved its very own moniker – again enter Gordon Barfield.
We asked him if the engine had actually been called “Seagull” and how that came about.
“Actually it was just call “Gull”, because I named it that. Because we knew it was going to poo on everything”.

Last edited by Burnout; 30-01-2010 at 11:08 AM.
Old 30-01-2010, 12:16 PM   #6
Mr Brooksy
Youth worker

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Numerous helpful how-to's and sound advice! 

I really hope it goes ahead again in 2010. My only prob with the meet has nothing to do with where its held. I've not been able to go because its within a week; or on the date of my organisations compulsary National Conference. This year though it doesnt clash if the bseries meet is at the same time of the year.

From what I have heard though its always a great time and a great place for the meet. So my vote is for it to stay the same, and maybe see if we can organise one motel to host us all. It would however, mean that we need to book asap to secure one of the motels.

2011 SZ Territory

Old Futura thread:
Brooksy's Ex Build
Mr Brooksy is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-01-2010, 12:45 PM   #7
Meg's GT's
1 is good but 2 is better

It will definitely be going ahead
Just waiting on confirmation of exact dates but I know it will be in October, most likely the first or second week.

As soon as I get a firm date we can look into booking accommodation...but we need serious commitment from people if we want to all stay in one hotel.

Once again there will be other car clubs at the show and if we don't get in super early then they beat us to the pick.
Meg's GT's is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-01-2010, 01:05 PM   #8
Meg's GT's

I've just spoken with CWCC, I'm told at this stage it's 99% certain the show will be held on Saturday 16th October. Once again there will be a swap meet held on Sunday.

It just needs to be decided if you want the 3rd B-Series Nationals held in Parkes.

If so, we can start working on taking over a hotel/motel.
Old 30-01-2010, 01:18 PM   #9
mrg220

I think we the b-series should stick together we should have mor meet, say like out
act,and get the club to do more meet's. There's one goin to be held at canberra its a all day ford let the b-series club to rock up the its on 14 march, i think its on the 14 march,lets go as car club,and maybe if everyone like's parks or were every its goin to be held at the meet?

From what i have read and i think i brooksy gota good point and about the motel to host us all, i think brooksy is right.

But why not try to get the other b-series to come from like inter state or maybe whe should got to a inter state meet or something like to be in between the state border line for like vic, and qld the more of the b-series the better.

P.S is any from the b-series goin to canberra for all ford day, i will be goin and have me stiker on the windows to repersent the b-series, lets get all the b-series to show up there the more ford and othere ford car clubs it would like big it only cost $20.00 dollars.

Hope to see yous there.
mrg220 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-01-2010, 02:09 PM   #10
Mr Brooksy
Youth worker

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Numerous helpful how-to's and sound advice! 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meg's GT
I've just spoken with CWCC, I'm told at this stage it's 99% certain the show will be held on Saturday 16th October. Once again there will be a swap meet held on Sunday.

It just needs to be decided if you want the 3rd B-Series Nationals held in Parkes.

Oh bugger 3 days before my National Conference again!!

2011 SZ Territory

Old Futura thread:
Brooksy's Ex Build
Mr Brooksy is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-01-2010, 03:15 PM   #11
Burnout
Falcon RTV - FG G6ET
Donating Member3

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Brooksy
Oh bugger 3 days before my National Conference again!!
Perfect!
You have two days to get over the B Series Meet and a day to get to your Talk Fest on time!

For sure If we get enough commitment from the B Series Membership we can book out the Coachman, say & build on the B Series events of yesteryear.

RTV Power
Old 30-01-2010, 03:42 PM   #12
Tray
......Car Crazy......

Did any1 from melb go last year?
WANTED - BF MK2.5 XR6 Seduce - PM me
RIP SHYXR
Tray is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-01-2010, 04:35 PM   #13
Meg's GT's

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tray
Did any1 from melb go last year?
Yes, and the year before too....even had the Port Augusta guys make the trip over.
Old 30-01-2010, 05:46 PM   #14
LOWBA6
Captain Capilano

Ben & I are keen to go again this year! We were only discussing this last week :P
LOWBA6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-01-2010, 05:47 PM   #15
Breezed
wonder wilson

Quote:
Yes, and the year before too....even had the Port Augusta guys make the trip over.

Port augusta were the hells that :
Breezed is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-01-2010, 05:53 PM   #16
Burnout
Falcon RTV - FG G6ET
Donating Member3

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by bute ba
Port augusta were the hells that :
Meg meant Port-a-gutter!

Good to see you blokes are coming along again this year!

RTV Power
Old 30-01-2010, 05:55 PM   #17
mrg220

Yeah count me in i like it up there and had agood day meating new ppl from the b-series, i have a few more nates the will come up to parkes soy bring it on.
mrg220 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-01-2010, 06:10 PM   #18
The G6ET Spot
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

As Burnout says, Parkes is a good spot for it as it is fairly centrally located and the most important thing is that it can come under the CWCC show and be covered by their public liability. Which with the Bseries not being an official club would make the premium financially constrictive. In the vicinity of $1000-$1500 for one show. :

I will be making the trek out this year, although not in a Bseries.Not even a G6ET. But something starting with X
The G6ET Spot is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-01-2010, 06:14 PM   #19
Burnout
Falcon RTV - FG G6ET
Donating Member3

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrg220
Yeah count me in i like it up there and had agood day meating new ppl from the b-series, i have a few more nates the will come up to parkes soy bring it on.
Misso, mate you will be welcome to mix it in with us again this year.
Looking forward to it!

RTV Power
Old 30-01-2010, 06:16 PM   #20
Meg's GT's

Quote:
Originally Posted by LOWBA6
Ben & I are keen to go again this year! We were only discussing this last week :P
: Sweet....I guess now that you've BTDT with rear to kerb parking and it's no longer a novelty .....I wonder what we can come up with for this year :
Old 30-01-2010, 06:16 PM   #21
Burnout
Falcon RTV - FG G6ET
Donating Member3

Quote:
Originally Posted by RAPID XR8
As Burnout says, Parkes is a good spot for it as it is fairly centrally located and the most important thing is that it can come under the CWCC show and be covered by their public liability. Which with the Bseries not being an official club would make the premium financially constrictive. In the vicinity of $1000-$1500 for one show. :

I will be making the trek out this year, although not in a Bseries.Not even a G6ET. But something starting with X
Anything Ford staring with X will be welcome....

RTV Power
Old 30-01-2010, 06:20 PM   #22
Meg's GT's

Quote:
Originally Posted by RAPID XR8

Dave your spot on regarding the insurance issues. As it is we have to raise the entry this year to cover costs, last year we came up short.

Parkes is a top spot and we've all had a great time there the past couple of years....CWCC had already invited us back for this year within a couple of days.

Oh and a reminder...just because it's called the B-Series Nationals doesn't mean it's limited to B-Series only.....all models are welcome
Old 30-01-2010, 07:25 PM   #23
egosfast
Out and About

I'm certainly looking forward to another turn out at Parkes.
It was great being part of the larger show with CWCC, although getting more B Series members there this year would give us a stronger presence.
Booking the Coachman would be a good idea, it seems to have been the bar of choice the last two years.
Quote:
just because it's called the B-Series Nationals doesn't mean it's limited to B-Series only.
I'm glad you wrote this, Meg. My lease runs out in August and I haven't decided if I will keep the BF, or get something new.

Either way, see you in October.

Dave
Old 30-01-2010, 07:34 PM   #24
my03ba

where abouts is parkes located?

i would be a deffo attendent if this goes ahead
Old 30-01-2010, 07:37 PM   #25
The G6ET Spot
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by egosfast
I haven't decided if I will keep the BF, or get something new.

Not looking for a G6ET are you? I just happen to know of one that could be for sale _2:
Old 30-01-2010, 07:42 PM   #26
The G6ET Spot
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by my03ba
Only 4 or 5 hours from Newcastle

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&sour...6,4.888916&z=8
Old 30-01-2010, 07:42 PM   #27
Meg's GT's

Quote:
Originally Posted by my03ba

i would be a deffo attendent if this goes ahead
http://www.whereis.com/nsw/parkes?id=32BAA4C8067921
It's a definite go-er
Old 30-01-2010, 07:47 PM   #28
Spitfire 6.2
V6 3L

You can count us in for sure. We had a great time last year and even before we left Parkes my we all agreed that we would be back in 2010.
Spitfire 6.2 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-01-2010, 08:38 PM   #29
Airmon
King of the Fairy's.

If we change the date then we may as well change the venue and everything else as it puts us out on our own.
Can't speak from experience but I've never heard any complaints so I dont see any reason to change it.
Its easy to say that from Sydney though, we're pretty much the closest.

I think I'll book early this year so i wont have any excuse. Im much more inclined to cabins though.
Spicer park looks the goods.

Knowing my luck though if I book early I wont have a Ford by the time the show comes around :

And Dave whats wrong with your Fairmont?
Airmon is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-01-2010, 08:56 PM   #30
The G6ET Spot
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Airmon
And Dave whats wrong with your Fairmont?
Nothing, just an opportunity has come up that may be just to good to let go.

So something has to go.

I did suggest the house, but the wife wasn't to impressed with that idea.