Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Closed Thread

Old 24-10-2011, 02:59 PM   #691
Wretched
Render unto Caesar

Default Re: FG Falcon MKII

Quote:
Originally Posted by EFFalcon
what is it with the "you buy second hand, your opinion isnt worth ****" attitude.
Buying second isn't the issue I had, the issue I had was wanting leach parts off a second hand car that hasn't been released yet.
Old 24-10-2011, 03:00 PM   #692
EFFalcon
Last warning

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wretched
Buying second isn't the issue I had, the issue I had was wanting leach parts off a second hand car that hasn't been released yet.
Why is that a problem exactly?
DAILY - BA Fairlane Ghia, Boss 260 Turbo
OFFROADER - Ford Explorer
Old 24-10-2011, 03:01 PM   #693
EFFalcon
Last warning

Quote:
Originally Posted by AMGC63
Staggered model releases make sense, no point having one on top of the other, you get the most bang for your buck for brand exposure. Territory, then Ranger then FG2.

How long was it before Apple released 4s did they announce details and sales date again.....

Be patient people, no point selling the sizzle if there's nothing to sell....
Lol... yeah lets compare Apple's Marketing, PR, Hype, Exposure to that of Ford.
Apple didnt need to do marketing for it because its a product that sells itself.
Old 24-10-2011, 03:02 PM   #694
AMGC63
Banned

Quote:
what is it with the "you buy second hand, your opinion isnt worth ****" attitude.
Everyone is entitled to an opinion but Ford only sell new cars...., so they value most highly the opinions of the people who are most likely to actually BUY ONE......
Old 24-10-2011, 03:03 PM   #695
EFFalcon
Last warning

Are you Ford?
because i'm not questioning Ford's opinion on those who buy their cars.
I'm questioning those on this forum who think its ok to disregard someone elses opinion SIMPLY based on the fact that they buy cars second hand.
Old 24-10-2011, 03:06 PM   #696
AMGC63
Banned

Quote:
Are you Ford?
because i'm not questioning Ford's opinion on those who buy their cars.
I'm questioning those on this forum who think its ok to disregard someone elses opinion SIMPLY based on the fact that they buy cars second hand.
You cant control the way others perceive and rate your opinions, especially when you disclose your buying preferences...
Old 24-10-2011, 03:11 PM   #697
flappist
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Keep it civil or you will ALL get a holiday....
Old 24-10-2011, 03:11 PM   #698
prydey
Rob

as a wagon owner for the past 10 years (ef xr6, el, ba, bf2) i could lament the fact that ford no longer make a wagon, but the fact is, i'm yet to buy a new car, so if ford stop a product because it isn't selling, then i have no right to critisize that decision really!

i'm not a new car buyer (not in a position to buy new financially) but i do try to see things from fords point of view, not as a customer who is missing out on a potential hero car in 3yrs time.
Old 24-10-2011, 03:17 PM   #699
EFFalcon
Last warning

point.
proven.
Old 24-10-2011, 03:19 PM   #700
Chopped
as in chopped

Ford need to make second hand cars as well. Why do they insist on building only new ones (it costs a lot of money to make only new ones).

The second hand market is huge, yet they have no product in their showrooms to cash in on it. (More blunders from Ford Australia. )

Hopefully MkII will correct this problem....
Old 24-10-2011, 03:22 PM   #701
nasss92

amgc63 - "You're" comment about the sms quality was pointless.. If you do not have something valid to say, or something constructive keep it to yourself

so far as the release date it dosnt matter about the exact release date, its sometime within the next few months (so far as we have been led to believe). Average joe wouldnt have a clue even when an update was occurring, why not throw in a commercial or advert to give him an idea that its coming and generate further interest. Thereby allowing for people who have an interest in the product an ability to budget to purchase it when it is released .. My comment wasn't directed at you, or the lack of discussion about Series II on the forum. IT was directed at the lack of communication and inability of the ford marketing team to give its current customers and potential customers sufficient data on its product, conveyed in an attractive manner through media resources at its disposal (utilizing mainstream events like major v8supercar events, sporting events like rugby finals etc), in a period shortly before the release of an update. An update who's success/failure will play a critical part in the future of one of its most iconic series, the falcon. One advert would be enough, played every now and then, to keep the marketing machine rolling... this would be by no means overkill for a product that will be released relatively soon

Wretched- Im waiting for a new series to come out, of which i am excited for. I am not in a position to buy a new car, nor do i have to. i will continue to enjoy my fg series I falcon until i choose not too, and my intent is to move into an uppermarket FG I or Fg II should i have the capacity to do so.. Your comment is invalid on the basis that regardless of whether i stated my excitement for the 1st hand or 2nd hand product, im excited about the product and my intention is to buy it in the future in whatever capacity i can.. why then is my comment so concerning for you?

and so far as the territory goes.. it's selling cause its a great product, simple as that.. i did not say that a great product assisted by some **** marketing ads wont sell, but in theory marketing improves sales figures.. My quarrel again is that i dont think ford have utilized a resource as important as marketing to its fullest extent, and my frustration is only compounded because sub-quality manufacturers like holden DO and they reap the benefits from doing so with high sales
Old 24-10-2011, 03:34 PM   #702
FPT
earth flavoured

Quote:
Originally Posted by nasss92
amgc63 - "You're" comment about the sms quality was pointless.. If you do not have something valid to say, or something constructive keep it to yourself

so far as the release date it dosnt matter about the exact release date, its sometime within the next few months (so far as we have been led to believe). Average joe wouldnt have a clue even when an update was occurring, why not throw in a commercial or advert to give him an idea that its coming and generate further interest. Thereby allowing for people who have an interest in the product an ability to budget to purchase it when it is released .. My comment wasn't directed at you, or the lack of discussion about Series II on the forum. IT was directed at the lack of communication and inability of the ford marketing team to give its current customers and potential customers sufficient data on its product, conveyed in an attractive manner through media resources at its disposal (utilizing mainstream events like major v8supercar events, sporting events like rugby finals etc), in a period shortly before the release of an update. An update who's success/failure will play a critical part in the future of one of its most iconic series, the falcon. One advert would be enough, played every now and then, to keep the marketing machine rolling... this would be by no means overkill for a product that will be released relatively soon

Wretched- Im waiting for a new series to come out, of which i am excited for. I am not in a position to buy a new car, nor do i have to. i will continue to enjoy my fg series I falcon until i choose not too, and my intent is to move into an uppermarket FG I or Fg II should i have the capacity to do so.. Your comment is invalid on the basis that regardless of whether i stated my excitement for the 1st hand or 2nd hand product, im excited about the product and my intention is to buy it in the future in whatever capacity i can.. why then is my comment so concerning for you?

and so far as the territory goes.. it's selling cause its a great product, simple as that.. i did not say that a great product assisted by some **** marketing ads wont sell, but in theory marketing improves sales figures.. My quarrel again is that i dont think ford have utilized a resource as important as marketing to its fullest extent, and my frustration is only compounded because sub-quality manufacturers like holden DO and they reap the benefits from doing so with high sales
Has it ever occurred to you that Ford aren't as concerned as you are.

Last edited by FPT; 24-10-2011 at 03:43 PM.
Old 24-10-2011, 03:42 PM   #703
HSE2

Quote:
but he's right...

even the biggest ford community in australia has stopped talking about FG II.

How can you talk about something that hasn't been released yet?

All threads on this site die down when conversation points expire or as we see from time to time the same people overwhelm with the same points everyone else just turns off.

It is also an offence to post in SMS language btw.

At 24 pages someone will want to same something relevant or this will be closed to preserve sanity.
BREAKING NEWS: The Pity Train has just derailed at the intersection of "Suck It Up & Move On" after it crashed into "We All Have Problems" before coming to a complete stop at "Get the Hell Over It." Reporting LIVE from Quitchur Bitchin'

Last edited by HSE2; 24-10-2011 at 03:56 PM.
Old 24-10-2011, 03:47 PM   #704
EFFalcon
Last warning

its called hype...
build hype around upcoming releases.

this whole thread has been talking about something that hasn't been released yet.

contradict your point much?
Old 24-10-2011, 03:50 PM   #705
HSE2

Quote:
its called hype...
build hype around upcoming releases.

this whole thread has been talking about something that hasn't been released yet.

contradict your point much?

The thread starter is not an agent of Ford, does not represent Ford and offered up some snippets in the hope that some people might be interested in an upcoming product. That isn't hype and as such he has done this community a disservice by being so inconsiderate. All future attempts to inform this community in advance will be deleted from this point on. How's that for a contraction.
BREAKING NEWS: The Pity Train has just derailed at the intersection of "Suck It Up & Move On" after it crashed into "We All Have Problems" before coming to a complete stop at "Get the Hell Over It." Reporting LIVE from Quitchur Bitchin'

Last edited by HSE2; 24-10-2011 at 03:55 PM.
Closed Thread