Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Mondeo

Old 17-02-2023, 11:43 AM   #1
phil_bj
Starter Motor

Default 2017 MD Mondeo Diesel Engine Type

I am looking at getting a Haynes workshop manual for my son's 2017 MD Mondeo diesel, and there are 3 engine options listed:

2.0 TDCi (Duratorq) Diesel T8CA 132
2.0 TDCi (Duratorq) Diesel T8CC 132
2.0 TDCi (Duratorq) Diesel T8CD 132

His car has T8CF on the timing cover, so am wondering what the differences are between these engine designations. I guess it might be different emissions levels for different regions, or is it just the year models? Web page is https://haynes.com/en-au/ford/mondeo-mk-v/2014

There don't seem to be any other options for manuals, although I haven't tried the Ford dealer yet. If you have any other suggestions, let me know.

Thanks, Phil
phil_bj is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-02-2023, 12:16 PM   #2
cobrin
Challenge Accepted!

Default Re: 2017 MD Mondeo Diesel Engine Type

it has been my experience that the variation you have, as opposed to the book, doesn't make a difference in actual repairs or troubleshooting. You'll be catered for in that book you've linked.
This user likes this post:
Old 21-02-2023, 07:22 AM   #3
GTLEGEND
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Every advice post I visit where OP are seeking advice for their new vehicle, he is there and adds valuable support and advice for rectifying the problem. Really is a Legend. Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: The quality of information he provides is in depth and highly valued by those posting questions. 

You can download the factory workshop manual for a small cost from the below website:

Motorcraftservice.com
GTLEGEND is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-02-2023, 09:59 PM   #4
phil_bj
Starter Motor

Thanks cobrin.
GTLegend, I have tried motorcraftservice.com but there seems to be an issue with the site so have asked them to look into it.
If it doesn't work, I will get the Haynes manual.
Regards, Phil
Old 14-02-2024, 05:04 PM   #5
Qjones
Starter Motor

phil_bj did you end up purchasing a Haynes workshop manual and if so which one did you get as I am facing the exact same dilemma for a 2016 MD diesel also with T8CF on timing cover. Mine has come from second owner with receipts of services but no service hand book which I believe would have all service fluids required so want to be sure I get all the correct information.
Qjones is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-02-2024, 12:07 AM   #6
phil_bj
Starter Motor

Qjones, I have been procrastinating about it - it is for my son's car and I haven't needed one yet. But I shouldn't need one now, because russellw has put the Ford manual in the Tech Resources section, which I am very appreciative of. Looks like procrastination paid off this time!
This user likes this post: