Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Mondeo

Old 09-01-2011, 11:19 AM   #1
Dusty1
Giddy up!

Default Titanium delivery dates

I posted is in another thread and it looks like the Titaniums will land in Melbourne early April, and will be shipped a few days after that.

Bit of a wait for us who have put down deposits.

Previous:
Oct 07 built Mondeo TDCi hatch, Stardust Silver, bluetooth, leather, tow pack, sunroof.

Last edited by Raptor; 10-01-2011 at 03:46 PM. Reason: OP request
Dusty1 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-01-2011, 05:51 PM   #2
Mickmelb

IS that for the hatch as well? I'll have to see how they went with mine when I get back to work.
Mickmelb is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-01-2011, 06:27 PM   #3
Dusty1
Giddy up!

I'd say it would be for both. The line in Genk can have any combination of car go down it without any hassle.

Long wait I know Mick, and you'd have to think that they'd save up the Titanums to all come at once, there are a number of MC Zetec hatches and wagons at dealers. I could be 100% incorrect on that assumption, though.

In another thread someone posted that dealers are now advising of this date and trying to shift the MBs they currently have laying about.
Previous:
Oct 07 built Mondeo TDCi hatch, Stardust Silver, bluetooth, leather, tow pack, sunroof.
Old 10-01-2011, 07:09 PM   #4
Allusion

I found out today there's a delivery of Titanium Hatches available in about 3 and a 1/2 weeks in Melbourne.
Allusion is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-01-2011, 08:39 PM   #5
Mickmelb

I hope your right Allusion that's perfect timing for my lease end. That would mean mine wouldn't even have time to sit in the show room just pre deliver and out to me.
When is your lease up Dusty did you extend it?
Old 10-01-2011, 09:32 PM   #6
Dusty1
Giddy up!

Mick, I'm lucky enough that the lease company let's me keep paying for the car until my new one turns up. Like a month by month lease now. As they said to me they don't care as long as the money keeps coming in.
Suits me not to have to pay rego in early January but I admit that April delivery is stretching things a bit.
Previous:
Old 10-01-2011, 10:01 PM   #7
Mickmelb

Ahh good stuff your allowed to extend it we don't have that option
Old 11-01-2011, 12:05 AM   #8
Allusion

I hope so too Mick, that was from the Fleet Manager at Jefferson Ford.

Great deal with the lease Dusty, hopefully they get some wagons in before April.
Old 11-01-2011, 06:29 PM   #9
Dusty1
Giddy up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mickmelb
Ahh good stuff your allowed to extend it we don't have that option
You will have to post photos of the MC. I hope the April delivery contains your vehicle, Mick.
It will be a 2010 build with 2011 compliance if they land in a couple of weeks.
Previous:
Old 11-01-2011, 08:54 PM   #10
Mickmelb

Im not fussed by the build date as the lease isn't in my name I just want a new car quick!
Old 11-01-2011, 09:33 PM   #11
Dusty1
Giddy up!

Good on you Mick!
Have you contacted your lease company for an updated delivery date?
Previous:
Old 11-01-2011, 11:30 PM   #12
Allusion

I ordered one of the ones coming in 3 1/2 weeks, so unless satnav suddenly becomes an option on the April delivery, I'm not fussed, and actually pretty excited. The build date doesn't bother me as I'll be doing pretty high k's anyway.
Old 12-01-2011, 07:52 AM   #13
Dusty1
Giddy up!

Doubtful that sat nav will be offered.
Good move with the purchase if they are as good as the MB/MA you will get a great car.
I wasn't fussed either about the build date, wonder if there is a shipment of wagons coming out with the hatches?
Previous:
Old 12-01-2011, 03:26 PM   #14
Mickmelb

I just heard mine is on the boat and looking at early Feb delivery.
Old 12-01-2011, 06:35 PM   #15
Dusty1
Giddy up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mickmelb
I just heard mine is on the boat and looking at early Feb delivery.
I'm happy for you Mick.

They've upgraded the A/C in the MC - which it needed - and the new gearbox is a beauty. It's nice and quiet too, all up, ticks in all the right boxes.

I did see a truck load of Skoda Superb's coming out of the docks today, so they are starting to become more popular, or are they sitting on dealer lots longer?
Previous:
Old 13-01-2011, 07:26 PM   #16
stuart

My lease on my MA TDCi sedan is due in May.

I spoke to Knox Ford today re order of a new Titanium in time for May delivery.

They advised that I should order around mid Feb to guarantee my selection otherwise it will be take whatever is available.
MA TDCi Mondeo sedan
AU Fairmont sedan
EL Futura sedan
EF Futura wagon
XD 4 Ltr sedan
stuart is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-01-2011, 08:45 PM   #17
Mickmelb

That's probably true. Mine was only actually ordered this week (not my doing) and no blue Titanium's were available but one was reserved for someone else, seems they are about to be really disappointed, I must be more important than I realised, having a huge fleet has its advantages at times too.
Old 15-01-2011, 01:31 PM   #18
msford

Hi, first time poster, and first time soon-to-be Ford owner. I am joining the Ford club with a brand new Titanium Hatch. I have been told various stories on it's supply. I'm in NSW, by the way.

I've had dealers tell me anywhere from March to July, however some have said they are getting a February shipment. One dealer has said his Feb shipment is pre-sold. I've reserved a car from his March allotment so I don't miss out again.

Another dealer has said they are expecting a Feb delivery but only in Panther Black or Frozen White (we prefer Moondust Silver).

And another dealer has said he should be able to get me one in Feb but am awaiting confirmation on that.

I don't know whom to believe. I even rang a Melbourne dealer (am willing to fly down and drive it back home) and they reckon they've got one coming but haven't confirmed it with me yet.

Geez, all I want is to drive this thing away. Lol. I am hanging to get one. My friend has an MB and raves about it.

Anyway, that's my first (long-winded) post. Any helpful info is appreciated, especially if any dealer on here can supply me a car before March.
msford is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-01-2011, 03:46 PM   #19
Dusty1
Giddy up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by msford
Hi, first time poster, and first time soon-to-be Ford owner. I am joining the Ford club with a brand new Titanium Hatch. I have been told various stories on it's supply. I'm in NSW, by the way.

I've had dealers tell me anywhere from March to July, however some have said they are getting a February shipment. One dealer has said his Feb shipment is pre-sold. I've reserved a car from his March allotment so I don't miss out again.

Another dealer has said they are expecting a Feb delivery but only in Panther Black or Frozen White (we prefer Moondust Silver).

And another dealer has said he should be able to get me one in Feb but am awaiting confirmation on that.

I don't know whom to believe. I even rang a Melbourne dealer (am willing to fly down and drive it back home) and they reckon they've got one coming but haven't confirmed it with me yet.

Geez, all I want is to drive this thing away. Lol. I am hanging to get one. My friend has an MB and raves about it.

Anyway, that's my first (long-winded) post. Any helpful info is appreciated, especially if any dealer on here can supply me a car before March.
Originally I was going to get a 2010 build with 2011 compliance in the wagon. But I suspect that if there are any wagons coming on the Feb ship, that they are either sold or are going to be demos/Ford cars. If there are, they would all be accounted for, I'd say. No one has indicated to me that the wagons will be on this ship, but I know they will be on the April ship.

You can read more on the dates in this thread, msford: http://www.fordforums.com.au/showthr...3&page=4&pp=30. Page four is a good start!

It would not surprise me if all the MC Titanium hatches on the Feb ship are taken, because when the MC was released their were no Titaniums. I don't think Ford even had press vehicles. That's a good way to increase demand for the April shipment. If the cars get shipped in April, that is. They may not land here until May, and I think that's the month you'd be looking at.

If you want to get some good info, talk to Phoonfan. Do a search for his user name and send him a PM or call him up - Andrew has been very helpful to me, and others. Andrew is also a regular contributor to this section, and a Forum sponsor. I am getting mine through Andrew, and would recommend you contact him for some clear concise info, without obligation. Andrew might even send me a Tatts ticket for this glowing recommendation!

So, in summary: Feb cars most likely spoken for. April cars, you'll probably get one if you can wait. Although I could be 100% incorrect.
Previous:
Old 20-01-2011, 08:54 PM   #20
msford

Thanks for the suggestion, Dusty. I contacted Andrew/phoonfan and he was extremely helpful. I'd like to add to the many comments of appreciation I have found on this forum since I recently joined. I just wish I had found this forum earlier.

As it is, I'll probably have to hope that my car will be here in March.

Dusty, Andrew suggested to PM you when I have a SIDO or NSC number for my order. If/when I find this out, I might just do that.

If I'm one of the first Titanium owners here I'll even post some pics, if interested.

Cheers
Old 20-01-2011, 09:09 PM   #21
csv8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Maybe, this is why Mondeo sales are so bad. Dealers unable to get stock, Not many people these days are willing to wait 4-5 months for a car. Ford need to get supply problem sorted out. Otherwise, a brilliant car will no longer be sold,here. The excuse will be "poor sales" and FORD only have themselves to blame....
Old 20-01-2011, 09:46 PM   #22
Dusty1
Giddy up!

Looks like May now for the wagons. There are a few around but not many. If you're after a hatch msford, you should see one in March. Depending on colour.

Have you put an order in yet? If you're looking at March delivery it will be on a boat now, so I won't be much help to you. Not much I can do anyway as I can't speed up time.

Did Andrew sell you one of his? You could have got one of his allocation - fly down here (he'd pony up for a one way Tiger flight, tell him I authorized it!) and driven it back north. 3k service a week or so later. Smiles all round.
Previous:
Old 20-01-2011, 10:53 PM   #23
msford

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dusty1
Looks like May now for the wagons. There are a few around but not many. If you're after a hatch msford, you should see one in March. Depending on colour.

Have you put an order in yet? If you're looking at March delivery it will be on a boat now, so I won't be much help to you. Not much I can do anyway as I can't speed up time.

Did Andrew sell you one of his? You could have got one of his allocation - fly down here (he'd pony up for a one way Tiger flight, tell him I authorized it!) and driven it back north. 3k service a week or so later. Smiles all round.
Yes, the hatch and yes, I have put one on order (so my dealer says, so he'd better not be lying to me). That's why Andrew said to get that number off him so it could be confirmed that my order is definitely in the system.

Unfortunately, I didn't do the deal with Andrew as I discovered this forum after I had already rung around the local dealers and, not wanting to miss out, put an order in. To his credit, Andrew understood my situation and it wasn't worth the hassle of me stuffing around with cancelling my existing order. If, however, there is some glitch with that order I will gladly pay my own airfare to pick up one from Andrew (sorry, not into Tiger, will stick with Qantas...lol).

I have many friends and relatives in Melbourne so anyone looking for a new car down that way will be referred to Etheridge Ford.

PS: Andrew knows my location so let's just say that when that boat arrives with the NSW cars I will be able to see it from my house. Andrew went to the local Uni down this way, as well. Small freaking world!
Old 21-01-2011, 04:17 PM   #24
Mickmelb

I just had an update on my Titanium. Turns out there is no blue ones available for 5 months so I'm now getting a white one. I'm kind of glad anyway white was my second choice and after seeing the pics posted on here I think the colour really suits the car. The delivery date has now blown out till the middle of Feb.
Old 28-01-2011, 03:25 PM   #25
msford

I just had a call from a Sydney-based Ford dealer (one of the ones that I emailed several weeks ago, a little slow on the response, I guess) and they said they had a new Titanium Hatch arriving on a boat in the next week or so and would have a car in the showroom a week or so after that. Could this be true? The dealer I placed my order with is still saying end Feb to early March.
Old 28-01-2011, 06:14 PM   #26
Dusty1
Giddy up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by msford
I just had a call from a Sydney-based Ford dealer (one of the ones that I emailed several weeks ago, a little slow on the response, I guess) and they said they had a new Titanium Hatch arriving on a boat in the next week or so and would have a car in the showroom a week or so after that. Could this be true? The dealer I placed my order with is still saying end Feb to early March.
Next week or so is the statement. 'Or so' probably means mid/late Feb. I doubt he'll be getting them any faster than your dealer, but the load could come in earlier.
Previous:
Old 28-01-2011, 08:17 PM   #27
msford

I'm hoping you're right about the load coming in earlier. That was one of my first thoughts, too. I might check with my dealer next week to see if they have any updated info.
Old 28-01-2011, 08:24 PM   #28
apstar
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Don't blame the dealers,its another stuff up by Ford as per usual

apstar
apstar is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-01-2011, 09:09 PM   #29
Mickmelb

I had another update from our fleet department this week about mine. They are still talking Feb but my lease is almost up so the dealer is giving me a loaner to use for a couple of weeks. It's getting closer slowly.
Old 28-01-2011, 09:33 PM   #30
Dusty1
Giddy up!

Some of the boats go Belgium/South Africa/Thailand/Townesville/Brisbane/Sydney/Melbourne. Others go Belgium/South Africa/Melbourne. I'm guessing that most would stop in SA to pick up the Focus, but not all of them would go to Thailand to pick up Festivas and/or Rangers.

If they come into Melbourne they get taken up the coast (Sydney/Brisbane don't know about Townesville) by a Toll boat (s) that I see down here at Willamstown. So there's anything that could go wrong there. Could be rough seas or problems with loading at one one of the docks. Anything will cause the boat to be late and later delivery.
Previous: