Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Mondeo

Old 29-11-2017, 09:42 PM   #31
Zigman

Default Re: Sync 3 - Software Bugs

The installation eventually started. No message to announce the upgrade when the USB was first inserted, but as you say, 15 minutes later I got a message saying the system software was being updated. There needs to be a readme file that explains you need a crystal ball available to second guess what is happening.

I figured out the telephone number for the error message. It is the last 6 digits only, ie. 133673. The 610-386 is meaningless. When you do call the number it's Ford AU's general enquiry number - nothing at all to do with Sync 3 support. Good luck on that if you really do need support.

Tried to report the upgrade to Ford AU like a good Ford customer. First time, their website portal crashed and told me my Mondeo didn't even have Sync (of any flavour) installed in my vehicle. I persevered and logged in again. This time got as far as trying to upload the XML file but got a message from Ford saying "oops, something went wrong, try again later". Needless to say, there will be no 'later' as I have given up trying to upload the XML file.

So what of the v2.3 upgrade itself you ask? I wasn't expecting any cosmetic changes which is good because I wasn't disappointed. The only change I have noticed on the cosmetic front is the "TA" button on the radio screen now reads "Traffic (TA)".

What of the many and varied bugs in v2.0? Have they been squashed it v2.3? The "Collision Alert, Hey Lets Start a DAB Radio Rescan" bug is still present. Maybe I'm wrong. Maybe this is by design. Maybe Ford wants to keep the passengers occupied with a radio scan while the driver crashes into the car in front, to kinda distract the passengers from the doom ahead.

We won't know about the bluetooth bug for a few more weeks yet as it normally takes Sync 3 a month or so to "forget" the pairing of your cellphone.

As expected, this being a system software update, the NAV software is the same. Every suburb in Greater Melbourne is Melbourne. No actual suburb names are displayed. Haven't tried the tollway yet to see if the NAV insists on getting me off the tollway even though I tell it not to. Hey, maybe this is another Ford feature designed by the Ford software guys to save their customers toll charges. That's nice.

Haven't had a complete Sync 3 reboot back to the splash screen while driving yet. Maybe this feature has been removed. Time will tell on this one.

Other than this, the screen is nice blue color.
Zigman is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-11-2017, 10:45 PM   #32
asteele-xr6

haha, well done - we are all still waiting for a map update - I have been on ANZ 1 15 for a year, new maps will bring further navigation changes.
asteele-xr6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-12-2017, 10:23 PM   #33
Zigman

We live in hope that Ford release a map update and a NAV system software update during my lifetime.
Meantime, Mrs Google has no problems updating my cellphone every other month ... and she lets me drive on the tollway.
Old 02-12-2017, 11:08 AM   #34
nc_fairlane

Quote:
Originally Posted by asteele-xr6 View Post
haha, well done - we are all still waiting for a map update - I have been on ANZ 1 15 for a year, new maps will bring further navigation changes.
MAP Update is Available as of 11th Dec

Last edited by nc_fairlane; 02-12-2017 at 11:17 AM.
nc_fairlane is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-12-2017, 11:30 AM   #35
asteele-xr6

Thats great, thanks for letting us know. Do we have to go to the dealer to get it?
Old 02-12-2017, 11:31 AM   #36
asteele-xr6

What is the new map version number?
Old 02-12-2017, 11:37 AM   #37
nc_fairlane

Quote:
Thats great, thanks for letting us know. Do we have to go to the dealer to get it?
Yes it will be part of the service
Old 02-12-2017, 11:39 AM   #38
nc_fairlane

Quote:
What is the new map version number?
Ford have not released much information i would assume it would be V2 2017
Old 02-12-2017, 12:02 PM   #39
asteele-xr6

The previous version was known as ANZ 1 15.

I have 6,500km to go before my 30,000km service... so will maybe be at the dealer by approx March.
Old 03-12-2017, 08:54 AM   #40
Zigman

Good news indeed.
Do you know if this is just a map database update, or an update to the NAV engine as well (hoping for bug fixes)?
Old 03-12-2017, 09:09 AM   #41
Zigman

Strange things at the Ford AU Owners site ...

According to Ford I have Sync 3 v2.0 installed and it is the latest version - there are no new versions available.

This is despite downloading v2.3 last week, installing it, and sending back to Ford the XML file.
Old 03-12-2017, 09:21 AM   #42
asteele-xr6

Maybe it needs some time for the update file to replicate back to their website.
I didn't notice a file being created on the USB when I installed version 3.0... so I do not have an update file to upload to Ford.. but I shall look out for something to upload the next time I have something to install.
Old 03-12-2017, 09:53 AM   #43
Zigman

The XML result file is saved in the "SyncMyRide" folder on the USB flash drive and has a filename in the format "Sync_LV9U00SN_xxxxxx.xml" (where xxxxxx is your VIN).

Another interesting observation and example of how poorly Ford manage the updates ...

When I downloaded the v2.3 update the website instructions said the flash drive had to formatted as FAT32. If you take a look a this website -
https://www.ford.com.au/owners/techn...computer.html/
- says "The USB must be NTFS format. FAT format do not work." (the grammar is Ford's).

You, like me, may have seen on various US based forums notes indicating the USB flash drive had to be formatted as exFAT (which I tried by the way, but it didn't seem to work for me and I ended up formatting the USB flash drive as FAT32).

If (dare I say 'when') Ford AU release v3.0 I might try NTFS out of interest.

Regarding the NAV update - Ford provided the NAV updates for Sync 2 FOC. I would hope they do the same for Sync 3 customers.
Old 03-12-2017, 10:04 AM   #44
asteele-xr6

Thanks for the XML filename - is there anything in the file itself, or are Ford just using the name of the XML file to deliver the notification? Looks like I can make by own very easily!
Old 09-12-2017, 09:05 AM   #45
Zigman

The XML file is some 148 lines long, contains your VIN and what appears to be a log of the installation process and finishes with the amount of memory in the three partitions.
Old 09-12-2017, 02:20 PM   #46
asteele-xr6

ok, thanks - good to know it is more than just a filename being uploaded

I think I shall do the update on my wifes car and then do a search and replace of her VIN with my one, and then have an uploaded for both vehicles.
Old 11-12-2017, 06:51 PM   #47
Womble99

I had a test drive of a 2017 mondeo today and checked it's version. It has 2.3 installed on delivery.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
Womble99 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-12-2017, 07:10 AM   #48
7summit7
Mondeo MD Titanium Hatch

Where are you downloading the updates from. I have registered my car on the owners portal but the site says that I am running 2.0 which is up to date. Nothing available to download.
Cheers
Mark
7summit7 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-12-2017, 10:52 AM   #49
asteele-xr6

The ford owners website is offering me an upgrade from 2.0 to 2.3, but I have already manually updated to unofficial UK version 3.0, which works great. The expectation is that Ford Australia will release version 3.0 "at some point". You should be offered the official upgrade to ver 2.3 through the owners portal, maybe check again once a week until its there for you? Don't expect to tell much difference between 2.0, 2.3 and 3.0 - some improvements with Android Auto - but otherwise very hard to tell them all apart, they look identical! I was hoping that ver 3.0 would bring lots of new features and settings to play with, but nope!
This user likes this post:
Old 20-12-2017, 09:25 PM   #50
Zigman

Your lucky. When I look at the Ford Owners site, it tells me I don't have any version of Sync installed ...!
Old 20-12-2017, 09:37 PM   #51
Zigman

Does anyone know if Ford have released the map update that was possibly available December 11th?
And if so, is it a "Dealer only" upgrade or available using the WiFi feature of Sync 3?
Old 27-01-2018, 04:39 PM   #52
gsd112
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Had a fault today where the screen totally froze. I couldnt turn it off, the time didn't change nothing. I couldn't do a thing. I pulled over turned off the car and let the screen go off and turned it back on and still the same. I had to get out and disconnect the battery in a rest spot on the Hume .I will be trying to get the next 15,000kms out of the way as quick as possible to get rid of this junk car. Last new Ford I will ever get which is a shame as Ive always had one.
gsd112 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-01-2018, 05:43 PM   #53
asteele-xr6

That's a strange problem... if you had left the car locked for 2 minutes, then this might have fully turned off/powered down the AIPM module - which my wild guess thinks is what crashed on you. Hopefully you wont see this problem again... otherwise hopefully dealer will replace the offending module under warranty. Good luck!
Old 27-01-2018, 10:20 PM   #54
gsd112
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I left the car off and locked for 10 mins. Turned it back on and the same screen was there same time 935am but the time was 1015. No buttons worked even the A/C buttons below the screen didn't work. So I disconnected the battery and left off for 5 mins and it came back on un frozen and working and worked faultlessly for the rest of the day.
gsd112 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-01-2018, 10:26 PM   #55
asteele-xr6

OK, good to know - I am sure the dealer (if you have a good one!) would find that useful to know as well.
Old 27-01-2018, 10:33 PM   #56
Womble99

Quote:
Originally Posted by gsd112 View Post
I left the car off and locked for 10 mins. Turned it back on and the same screen was there same time 935am but the time was 1015. No buttons worked even the A/C buttons below the screen didn't work. So I disconnected the battery and left off for 5 mins and it came back on un frozen and working and worked faultlessly for the rest of the day.
Interesting, we had almost the exact same fault on our Escape about a week ago funnily enough on our way to the dealer.

Fault was cleared by disconnecting the battery. So far no repeats.
Womble99 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-01-2019, 02:32 PM   #57
thebigd

Re the GPS version.
Mine is ANZ 1 16, as it was from new.
Just wondering if anyone has had a genuine service done, and had a later version installed.
I understand that while Sync can be updated at home via WIFI, the GPS can only be updated by the dealer.
I get my (Company) car serviced after market, so wondering if it's time to get a genuine service done. My local dealer is unable to tell me the current version that's available. They just say that we plug it in, and if there's a later version, it will update.
Cheers...
thebigd is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-01-2019, 02:37 PM   #58
asteele-xr6

ANZ 1 16 refers to the map version, and that is the current version for Ford Australia. My maps are updated for free when I get the vehicle serviced.

Sync 3 build 18093 is the latest version of the Sync software - and does not relate to maps version. It has great improvements over previous versions, especially for users of Android Auto and Apple CarPlay. You should be downloading to that version automatically or though the Ford website - I updated mine manually as I was impatient!
Old 14-01-2019, 03:22 PM   #59
thebigd

Ok thanks for the tip off.
My build is 17109, version 2.3 I have updated once before from version 2.2 (i think), so will download and install once the car is out of the panel shop.
Old 11-04-2019, 06:20 PM   #60
thebigd

Got my car back yesterday, five months after the accident.
Updated to build 18093 last nite, via the Ford Owners website. I agree the updated Apple Carplay interface work great. The things I don't like (and please correct me if I'm wrong), is that you can't do voice to txt messages unless connected, or use Sync's GPS while connected.