Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Old 09-10-2006, 04:20 PM   #1
james22
With da Warlords

Default Alarm

Hi all.

Falcons come stock std, with immobiliser and alarm. But I have never been able to set it off.

I'm mentioning it now cause with one car it was fair enough. But two?

Both my AuII S pac, & XR8 appear to have the alarm disabled or something. I can't set it off if I wanted too?

Does anyone else have this prob? How do you turn em back on?

For Sale: Parachute. Only used once, never opened, small stain.

Windsor Warlords
AU III XR-8220
300+ rwhp of Manual fun

XR50T Ute - 300rwkw (give or take depending on the day)
james22 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-10-2006, 04:59 PM   #2
KOUPE76
OLD SKOOL BABY

I'm pretty sure the alarm was an option from Ford (not 100% sure) but if yours has one check under the bonnet,drivers side, most common place is next to the brake booster. If you see a black siren mounted on the firewall then yes, you have the alarm andd must be switched off, you should have the key to turn it back on, the keyswitch is located on the siren and should have a black cover over it. _2:
If there is no siren then no, you don't have the alarm just the immobiliser. :yeees:
Hope this helps.

Mick

1976 XB GS COUPE (waiting to start the rebuild)
KOUPE76 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-10-2006, 05:03 PM   #3
JC
Miami Pilot
Donating Member2

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 

No alarm standard - just 2 point immobiliser (injectors & ignition, IIRC). There is a panic alarm though - the red button on your remote. Hold it down for a few seconds and you will see how effective it is. Turn it off by unlocking a door (using the remote).

As mick says, alarm was an option.
Mods: Tune, HSD/ShockWorks, black GT335 19” staggered replicas with 245 & 275/35/19 Michelin Pilot sport 5s

Daily: BF2 Fairmont Ghia I6 ZF, machine face GT335 19” staggered Replicas with 245s and 275s, Bilsteins & Kings

FPV 335 build stats: <click here>

Ford Performance Club ACT
JC is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-10-2006, 05:31 PM   #4
NARCEA
5/00 AUII Forte

Hi guys.

Is the standard immobiliser adequate or is it worth upgrading? I guess that's a difficult question to answer unless you have experience bypassing the system.

I am pondering getting an alarm installed... but not sure on upgrading the immobiliser.

Cheers,

Ian
Old 09-10-2006, 06:43 PM   #5
parker

For ages there were just 2 AUII's stolen in all of Aust. I believe the system has since been cracked though, so the stats may be a little more of a concern now??
parker is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-10-2006, 08:48 PM   #6
TwistedEL
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

AU Series 1 is smartlock and is apparently easy enough to steal (though I don't know how)

AU II & III is much harder but where there's a will there's a way

In both cases the easiest way to steal it does not involve starting it
TwistedEL is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post