Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Mondeo

Old 21-06-2016, 02:28 PM   #31
castellan
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: Kangaroos

Quote:
Originally Posted by R12RT View Post
The drive faster bit makes me think of the number of times on country roads you will see skid marks. At the end of the skid marks is a pile of btoken glass and plastic with a dead 'roo off to the side.

It is quite likely that had the dtiver accelerated instead of braking the 'roo would have passed harmlessly behind the vehicle.
When driving in NZ I could not get the hang of not being ready for a roo, it just becomes a natural reaction being on the ball, it's something like if someone was to punch you in the face, if your are ready for it you react instantly to avoid, so in a car it's the same type of thing, you swerve brake or gun it and you miss them or just clip them. keep your eyes open constantly look way up the road and to the side and where you can't judge to see you slow down enough so you can, the same with driving at night you only drive with in what you can see and react to, coming over a rise slow down, the big ones seem to stand just on the top of a rise and don't move.
If in doubt react directly, I know the wife does not like it, as I hit the brake she just fly's forward like a limp doll and then complains, if she did not have seat belts she would go straight through the windscreen just on the brakes alone and seen blokes with there head down at there knees, so much for seat belts, I say a harness is better than front air bags as not every crash is just one hit, like you could hit a roo and then hit a tree.

My mum had one big bastard that would not move and she stoped right in front of it, I said just run the bastard down, we had a bull bar on the HX Holden but she would not.
Another day it was stomping about the front of the house, when I was on the phone to her and said blow it away, them big ones think they own the area and can attack you, never trust them.
castellan is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-06-2016, 03:42 PM   #32
NZ XR6
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I've only ever seen one when driving in Oz but that was enough. They certainly move fast and must be very difficult to avoid.

You might see the odd sheep on backroads in NZ, but that's pretty uncommon now. The main hazard is hawks feeding on road kill (possums) - it can pay to slow down as they do need a few seconds to get airborne.
Old 21-06-2016, 04:16 PM   #33
NZ XR6
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

To be honest, the main hazard on NZ roads is actually tourists from countries in Asia where they drive on the right. We're not supposed to mention which country as apparently that's racist.
Old 22-06-2016, 10:50 AM   #34
castellan
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by NZ XR6 View Post
To be honest, the main hazard on NZ roads is actually tourists from countries in Asia where they drive on the right. We're not supposed to mention which country as apparently that's racist.
That's because under a Marxist Political Correct agenda, right or wrong is something you have no right to claim as the truth (truth does not exist but for the party lines objectives) because there objective is only solely a political concept (no God ?) and they will tell you what you can say or not say because they are the god as they see fit.

You see they are a gov not working for you the people, as in a healthy democracy but you are being forced under there control because they own you, you are now there slave, just that most people do not know that's the way PC works, it's done in a Fabian way, by stealth as it builds strength year by year until we all become good Communist.
castellan is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-06-2016, 12:14 PM   #35
NZ XR6
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Hmm. Apparently the police have been told not to give out the ethnicity of those involved in fatal or serious crashes, so you could well be right.