Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > MotorSport > Drag Racing

Drag Racing Discuss Drag Racing here be it dirt or tarmac. Sponsored by Sydney Dragway.

Old 15-11-2020, 07:10 AM   #1
cat007
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Second round of NSDW

Hi all.

Another great event at my local track here in NZ - Meremere Dragway.

Night Speed Drag Wars round 2.

Huge turn out again with great racing and a lot of great people. I love these street events as you get all sorts of cars out. From a street legal 40PSI R32 GTR knocking on the door of 9's, to 17 year old kids in their first car doing 17 second passes and having a blast.

Best I managed was an 11.5 @ 121mph. Stoked with that even with a lazy launch only on the converter at 1-2psi.

Unfortunatly being a street event the track prep went away pretty quick and I couldn't back the 11.5 up. I was only able to do multiple 11.7's and eventually being knocked out in the 3rd round of actual racing in my class (C2 - turbo 2wd but no quicker than 11.0) by spinning bad off the line and also in 2nd gear and only managing a 12.2 losing to a quick FD RX7 who ran an 11.8 (he was running low 11's all night).

Worn M/T et street r
350rwkw on E85
Auto

Unfortunately I don't have any in car footage as my dash cam was playing up.

Tuned by Maxx Performance in Melbourne - she's a ripper of a street family car. I drive my daughter to daycare in it!

cat007 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-11-2020, 03:56 PM   #2
BradEL
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: Second round of NSDW

I was almost going to head down to this for a watch but couldnt be bothered battling 2 hours of traffic to get through auckland, do you enter the FGX in all the night speed meets?
BradEL is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-11-2020, 04:12 PM   #3
cat007
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by BradEL View Post
I was almost going to head down to this for a watch but couldnt be bothered battling 2 hours of traffic to get through auckland, do you enter the FGX in all the night speed meets?

Yeah if you can get there early it's good.

I've entered the first 2 rounds and going back next week for round 3.

All going well I will keep going and see where I place.

Currently in 4th with 90 points, with 2md and 3rd tied with 100 points and first with 130.
Old 20-11-2020, 04:34 PM   #4
BradEL
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by cat007 View Post
Yeah if you can get there early it's good.

I've entered the first 2 rounds and going back next week for round 3.

All going well I will keep going and see where I place.

Currently in 4th with 90 points, with 2md and 3rd tied with 100 points and first with 130.
Perhaps ill go down next week but probably cant get there until 7.30 or so, would be good to know if there are any other forum members who attend.
BradEL is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-11-2020, 07:05 PM   #5
cat007
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by BradEL View Post
Perhaps ill go down next week but probably cant get there until 7.30 or so, would be good to know if there are any other forum members who attend.
First week was after 1am finish.
Last week wasn't much earlier.

Qualifying doesn't finish until 8:30 so you'll get to see a lot of racing.

Sent from my LYA-L09 using Tapatalk