Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 17-02-2006, 07:34 AM   #31
RedFord05

they are refusing to fix the damage, so I have contacted A Current Affair and Today Tonight as well as sending a complaint letter to Ford Motor Company in Melbourne by fax and by email , I have also lodged an application with the Consumer , Trader & Tenancy Tribunal at Penrith.
RedFord05 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-02-2006, 08:34 AM   #32
Falcon_Phill
1967 XR Falcon

punch him. 'nah man your face was like that when i got here wtf'

From now on i think ill take photos at the place of service before leaving.
Old 17-02-2006, 08:55 AM   #33
max^power
Formerly au^ute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Towle
sorry I can't help with a technical problem, does anyone else have qwigybo's problem?
yes, i can't see them either.
max^power is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-02-2006, 10:03 AM   #34
XR6-VCT-2000
Fantastic Plastic

lol cArSiK .. maybe 20 cents would of been more appropriate ..
XR6-VCT-2000 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-02-2006, 08:36 PM   #35
alesia
Banned

damn that sucks,
my boyfriend went into a local tyre shop and got his tyres etc rotated,
he got the car back , drove straight home and there was a wheel nut missing and on 1 wheel all of nuts were only pretty much done up only hand tight,
lucky for us we went back and calmy told them what had happened they agreed to replace the missing one and the others with a lock nut,
it always seems that the bigger business the less customer service and care.
well good luck with the tribunal etc, that way if they dont fix it at least you know that they will be paying more in the long run, GOOD LUCK
alesia is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-02-2006, 08:41 PM   #36
AmmoJammo
Banned

mate... you're a moron...

how do you think they would have damaged your paint like that when servicing your car? hmm? they wouldn't have!!!

just polish the frikkin car!!! if you admit, that will get rid of the "damage" THEN ITS NOT DAMAGE!!!
AmmoJammo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-02-2006, 08:46 PM   #37
Laminge
Cuban... nothing like it

Attitude x Attitude = Attitude
Laminge is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-02-2006, 08:51 PM   #38
AmmoJammo
Banned

I reckon the guy is lying...

I reckon he attempted to wash his car with something it shouldn't have been washed with, and damaged the paint himself....

as if you'd just HAPPEN to have pics of the car the day before it was going to be serviced... expecially a nice, clear shot of the bonnet... heh.
Old 17-02-2006, 08:56 PM   #39
Laminge
Cuban... nothing like it

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmmoJammo
I reckon the guy is lying...

I reckon he attempted to wash his car with something it shouldn't have been washed with, and damaged the paint himself....

as if you'd just HAPPEN to have pics of the car the day before it was going to be serviced... expecially a nice, clear shot of the bonnet... heh.

I would go that far, I have taken pics of my car just before a service just because I have washed and polished it so it looks smick before a service!
Old 17-02-2006, 08:59 PM   #40
AmmoJammo
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laminge
I would go that far, I have taken pics of my car just before a service just because I have washed and polished it so it looks smick before a service!
why would you wash, and polish your car before a service, when you know a mechanic is going to be leaning into the engine bay, getting his greasy clothes, and hands all over the front of the car? that just makes no sense whatsoever...
Old 17-02-2006, 09:01 PM   #41
alesia
Banned

ITS ONE BIG FAT SCRATCH IN THE BONNET, if it was from washing the car with something he shouldnt that the damage would be more spread out and less like something being dropped on it in 1 particular place????????
And whats wrong with taking pics of your car , i know that soon as it looks like its going to be nice weather im going to be out getting pics of my car too....

I dont think that if someone was going to lie about this , that they would go to that much trouble do you? OK they might go to the dealership and say something etc but why on 2 different websites??????
Old 17-02-2006, 09:05 PM   #42
XAGSV8
Member 178

Why would he scratch the bonnet just to get it fixed to the same standard. Bit pointless. As for the pics, I take them of my car alot so whats your point. If you like your car and take pride in it you do things like that.

1963 Morris Mini

1999 NU Fairlane Ghia
XAGSV8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-02-2006, 09:07 PM   #43
Laminge
Cuban... nothing like it

Quote:
why would you wash, and polish your car before a service, when you know a mechanic is going to be leaning into the engine bay, getting his greasy clothes, and hands all over the front of the car? that just makes no sense whatsoever...
I didn't want to make a point to say your post was pure arrogance by putting up an alternative drawing on my experience, but alas now I do.
Old 17-02-2006, 09:07 PM   #44
XAGSV8
Member 178

Quote:
Who ever your mechanic is I would never go to them. My car comes out just as clean as it went in. They should be putting a protective matt over the side of the car so they don't scratch it when leaning over.

1963 Morris Mini

1999 NU Fairlane Ghia
Old 17-02-2006, 09:07 PM   #45
alesia
Banned

Quote:

There is protective coverings that are meant to be placed on body panels when they could be subject to being leaned on ,therefore your car should come out looking as clean as it was when it went in , so it shouldnt be a issue if you wash your car before a service.
Old 17-02-2006, 09:08 PM   #46
AmmoJammo
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by alesia
ITS ONE BIG FAT SCRATCH IN THE BONNET, if it was from washing the car with something he shouldnt that the damage would be more spread out and less like something being dropped on it in 1 particular place????????
And whats wrong with taking pics of your car , i know that soon as it looks like its going to be nice weather im going to be out getting pics of my car too....

I dont think that if someone was going to lie about this , that they would go to that much trouble do you? OK they might go to the dealership and say something etc but why on 2 different websites??????
are we talking about a little scratch here? I couldnt even see the freakin scratch!!!

you're a nut mate.
Old 17-02-2006, 09:09 PM   #47
AmmoJammo
Banned

Quote:
There is protective coverings that are meant to be placed on body panels when they could be subject to being leaned on ,therefore your car should come out looking as clean as it was when it went in , so it shouldnt be a issue if you wash your car before a service.
you mean, the protective mat, thats just come off someone elses dirty car? idiot.
Old 17-02-2006, 09:16 PM   #48
XAGSV8
Member 178

Quote:
are we talking about a little scratch here? I couldnt even see the freakin scratch!!!

you're a nut mate.
I don't care how big a scratch is. Anybody who puts any scratch on my car is expected to fix it. You obviously are not a car enthusiast.

1963 Morris Mini

1999 NU Fairlane Ghia
Old 17-02-2006, 09:17 PM   #49
alesia
Banned

im sorry you couldnt see the scratch?? did you actually look at the pics posted before you went of accusing someone of lieing ???

have you washed your monitor with sandpaper in the past is that why you couldnt see it???
I THINK YOU SHOULD GO BACK AND HAVE A LOOK AT THE PIC WITH THE 10C PEICE BEFORE YOU COMMENT LIKE THAT AGAIN!!
Old 17-02-2006, 10:42 PM   #50
AmmoJammo
Banned

Quote:
im sorry you couldnt see the scratch?? did you actually look at the pics posted before you went of accusing someone of lieing ???

have you washed your monitor with sandpaper in the past is that why you couldnt see it???
I THINK YOU SHOULD GO BACK AND HAVE A LOOK AT THE PIC WITH THE 10C PEICE BEFORE YOU COMMENT LIKE THAT AGAIN!!
yeah, that pic, it looks like a line drawn on the car with black crayon :p lol

plus, the ******** thread started refused to even attempt to polish the car, to remove the scratch, cos that would destroy the evidence... wtf? lol
Old 17-02-2006, 10:46 PM   #51
LUXO_8
windsor user

ah you're a tool. are you from the dealership concerned here?

if i had my car in somewhere, and it was scratched by them, i wouldnt wanna have to be the one that has to buff that scratch out....even if its as easy as that
i'd be wanting the ***** that did it to buff it out....
LUXO_8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-02-2006, 10:48 PM   #52
Laminge
Cuban... nothing like it

Quote:
yeah, that pic, it looks like a line drawn on the car with black crayon :p lol

plus, the ******** thread started refused to even attempt to polish the car, to remove the scratch, cos that would destroy the evidence... wtf? lol
Im getting a little sick of this, smarten up or have a couple days break from the forums
Old 17-02-2006, 11:47 PM   #53
AUXRVIII
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
We don't have greasy work clothing & we certainly don't try to mark our territory on any car by rubbing ourselves all over it.
Stay off the adrenilin & show a bit of sympathy for a guy whos vehicle has been damaged.
AUXRVIII is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-02-2006, 12:11 AM   #54
XAGSV8
Member 178

I wish Casper would give him an avatar.

1963 Morris Mini

1999 NU Fairlane Ghia
Old 18-02-2006, 12:23 AM   #55
svo347
AFF's 1st DM.......

Location: Wha???... There is only 2 states 2 be in.. WA or Drunk..

Thats what the guard mats are for
Quote:
Originally Posted by zetec
I know what lengths they go to to ensure it's more than just a Ford sticker on the part. Ford doesn't throw it's name on anything for a quick buck.
06 Turbo Terri AWD 6 sp in Neo with stuff i didnt even need, side steps,15.2 inch roof mounted DVD,Pioneer $tezza,Selby 30/18mm swaybars,debunged,100 cpsi Ballistic cat,Plazmaman under battery Cai injectors 14/lb boost,ZF tuned,Xtreme's magic. :
svo347 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-02-2006, 11:26 AM   #56
ratter
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Shares his in-depth tuning knowledge with the forum, very helpful. Contributor: For members who make a contribution worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: For his indepth tutorial on adding borders to photographs 

Isn't the scratch on the bonnet? isn't the bonnet open when it's being serviced?

I'm not saying it hasn't happened while being serviced, but what can the mechanic be doing working on the car with the bonnet down, the only thing I can think of is replaceing wiper blades or an aerial.

Authorised Streetfighter, Pcmtec , SCT & HP Tuners Tuning Agent,
ratter is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-02-2006, 11:29 AM   #57
AmmoJammo
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ratter
Isn't the scratch on the bonnet? isn't the bonnet open when it's being serviced?

I'm not saying it hasn't happened while being serviced, but what can the mechanic be doing working on the car with the bonnet down, the only thing I can think of is replaceing wiper blades or an aerial.
that was exactly my point....

how do you know someone didn't drop something on your car while it was parked in the mechanics carpark? I highly doubt he should be responsible for that... but, then a mechanic should also have insurance which he should be able to claim on, for the damages... so, I don't see why he'd be refusing, if he really did do it... hmm?
Old 18-02-2006, 11:31 AM   #58
ratter
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Shares his in-depth tuning knowledge with the forum, very helpful. Contributor: For members who make a contribution worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: For his indepth tutorial on adding borders to photographs 

Most dealerships will accept damage done to cars while on their premises even if it didn't happen while being worked on, but if it was parked out the front they can't be responsible for damage somebody else does. Was the car parked off street?

Authorised Streetfighter, Pcmtec , SCT & HP Tuners Tuning Agent,
ratter is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-02-2006, 07:35 PM   #59
GLI-PSI
Boosting

nasty scratch mate , i work at a ford dealer too and as was quoted before there is a process we have to go through if we mark a customers car , its hard also to deal with the most of them as they are very rude i would say 99.9% of the time they are total toss bags and we have not done a thing to the car to mark it.as some of them think we are some big monsters that like to reflash your ecu and scratch your paint, half of the mechanics dont really give a toss about turbos and gts and xrs and whatever we see that many of them they are not special to us , we dont get all green with envy and damage them. for people to think that of us is really gay , if everyone is so unhallp with ford go to repco ,rip every poor c*nt off and have your book services done there. take it for warranty work to the dealer only, just means less problems we have to deal with.
GLI-PSI is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-02-2006, 08:56 PM   #60
birdy
birdy

If they #### up then stand your ground our cars are more than just a ton of metal that they think they are.I don't know about you or any one esle but my car is cherished by me and paid by me #### them!!!