Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Focus

Old 09-11-2016, 02:53 PM   #1
Shaiyanna
Starter Motor

Default 2008 Ford Focus Wheel Bearing

I ordered a new wheel bearing hub online for my 2008 Focus hatch. The seller told me it would fit 2001 to 2008 but when it arrived it was a 4 stud. My car has a 5 stud hub. Most places I've Googled say the Focus is 4 stud, but I'm guessing at some point it changed. Can anyone tell me definitively what years had 4 and what years had 5? An hour on the internet has only confused things. I am now faced with selling the incorrect 4 stud hub as it is going to be too much expense and hassle to return it overseas where it come from (parts from the US were a lot cheaper than buying them here in Aus).
Shaiyanna is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-11-2016, 04:52 PM   #2
DZFord
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: LS Focus PCV Valve & Hose replacement, a very detailed write up with photos. 
Default Re: 2008 Ford Focus Wheel Bearing

LR Focus had 4 stud.

LS onwards (late 2005 - ) has 5 stud.

If buying parts from overseas for your 2008 Focus, they need to come from the UK. The 2008 Focus in America is a different platform.
DZFord is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-11-2016, 09:27 PM   #3
GTLEGEND
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Every advice post I visit where OP are seeking advice for their new vehicle, he is there and adds valuable support and advice for rectifying the problem. Really is a Legend. Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: The quality of information he provides is in depth and highly valued by those posting questions. 
Default Re: 2008 Ford Focus Wheel Bearing

Part number for 5 stud front wheel hub/bearing assembly for LS built from 1/1/2005 is 3M51 2C300 CH, about $230 from Ford.

The earlier 4 stud hub fitted to the 2002 to 2004 LR is a entirely different system, the hub is separate to the bearing and retainer. The hub is 5N11 1104 AA (no bearing), the bearing kit which consists of a bearing (not hub which is separate) a snap ring and hub nut is 98AX 1K018 BB.

Hope this helps you..
GTLEGEND is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post