Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 05-04-2024, 11:55 PM   #2701
Itsme
Experienced Member

Default Re: Why is it.................?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaydee View Post
Why is it I can keep spraying the same single fly in our kitchen with Mortein, next morning, there his on the bench. Zap him again, flies of like a drunken sailor, get home from the gym, still in the kitchen on fruit in the bowl.
Honestly, I'd be better off throwing the can at him, bloody useless.
I'm sure they've evolved to be immune, it's not the first time, half a can on one fly.
Buy one of these, guaranteed to kill and give you many hours of entertainment if you are a bad shot.
https://www.jaycar.com.au/the-amazing-fly-gun/p/YS5545

Itsme is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 07-04-2024, 08:19 AM   #2702
roKWiz
Cabover nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tassie f100 View Post
That,s a Huntsman they won’t hurt you.I have been bitten by 1 that I was trying to rescue.They have a fair bite,but,non venemous.Best inside the house to keep the fly population down
Sorry Tassie, that pic Cav posted is a Tarantula.
We have some huge Huntsman's here living in the red gums, fortunately the local Treecreeper's (bird) keeps the population down.

roKWiz is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-04-2024, 10:03 AM   #2703
jaydee
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Why is it toasters never toast evenly?
One side a nice brown, the other a light tan.
4 users like this post:
Old 15-04-2024, 10:16 AM   #2704
HIPO
Al

haha yep gotta keep flipping!
HIPO is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 15-04-2024, 06:52 PM   #2705
FoxtrotGolfXray 5.0
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Willingly providing technical info and documents, despite glitches. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaydee View Post
Why is it toasters never toast evenly?
One side a nice brown, the other a light tan.
Each slot has the inner side with more heat elements than the outside. I'm not sure why the manufacturers haven't clued in to this and reduced the number of elements in the centre to get an even toast rate on both sides.

Life is a journey, not a destination.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Daily: 2013 FGII EcoLPi in Winter White
Play: 2015 FG X XR8 in Emperor Show' N Shine thread

Gone, but not forgotten: 2015 SZII petrol Titanium Territory in Emperor
FoxtrotGolfXray 5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 15-04-2024, 07:10 PM   #2706
ford71V8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by FoxtrotGolfXray 5.0 View Post
Each slot has the inner side with more heat elements than the outside. I'm not sure why the manufacturers haven't clued in to this and reduced the number of elements in the centre to get an even toast rate on both sides.
Or add more elements to the outer sides.

ford71V8 is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
4 users like this post:
Old 19-04-2024, 11:23 AM   #2707
fatgas
Purveyor of fine filth

Why is it the carsales website has become so temperamental of late. I can't recall the last time I was on there without any issues. It's either saying "Login for price", "client side exception" error and won't even load, to countless "are you human" checks.
fatgas is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
4 users like this post:
Old 22-04-2024, 05:52 PM   #2708
DFB FGXR6
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: For the excellent car-care guide 

Why is it businesses are claiming Thursday's Anzac Day public holiday constitutes a long weekend. Friday is NOT a public holiday, so it NOT a long weekend! Why would you close a business for no reason other than turning it into a four-day weekend. Australian's have become such a lazy society.
Mustang GT

T3 TS50 - gone but not forgotten
DFB FGXR6 is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
3 users like this post:
Old 22-04-2024, 05:56 PM   #2709
.:4:.
Kicking back

Quote:
Originally Posted by DFB FGXR6 View Post
Why is it businesses are claiming Thursday's Anzac Day public holiday constitutes a long weekend. Friday is NOT a public holiday, so it NOT a long weekend! Why would you close a business for no reason other than turning it into a four-day weekend. Australian's have become such a lazy society.
Business should stay open on friday, just run on skeliton staff as most will call in sick or take their rdo to make it a 4 day weekend. Pretty sure thats how it should work.....
.:4:. is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-04-2024, 07:50 PM   #2710
Itsme
Experienced Member

Quote:
Quite sure all your big retailers, car yards etc are opened, mostly tradies are the ones that may pull the pin on Friday.
Old 22-04-2024, 08:17 PM   #2711
Charliewool
Bolt Nerd
Donating Member3

Quote:
Everyone saving an RDO to make it a long weekend… Same as Melbourne Cup Tuesday.. Don’t know if lazy comes into it? If anything, blame the unions..
2 wheels.. 2015 103ci HD Wideglide.. SOLD
SOLD THE LOT, Voted with our feet and relocated to COSTA RICA for some Pura Vida!
(Ex Blood Orange #023 FPV Pursuit owner : )
Charliewool is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-04-2024, 08:51 PM   #2712
Kicking back

I had an apprentice who wasn't a good one, but he thought he was smart. Planned all his holiday leave, RDO's and sick leave and the yearly allowence every year. He got absolutely stuffed when he did his acl playing soccer. So that was 8 weeks off and he only had 4 days of sick leave. So mo money mo deal with it you ********....
Myself on the otherhand, i only used sick leave if i was nearly dead. When i did myself a good one i was out for 6 weeks but on return still had 3 months sick leave banked.
I have done myself a few good ones in my time, having to get the plastic surgeon in was only 8 days, 2 of which being the weekend so only 6 days sick leave, so not terrible. The left radial nerve paulsy, that sucked.
Anyhows in my view, sick leave, dont use it just because you have it, you never know when you will actually need it.
3 users like this post:
Old 22-04-2024, 09:58 PM   #2713
Itsme
Experienced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charliewool View Post
Everyone saving an RDO to make it a long weekend… Same as Melbourne Cup Tuesday.. Don’t know if lazy comes into it? If anything, blame the unions..
Surprisingly a lot of companies these days allow it, don't see your logic of just blaming the unions when management is in on it with long week-ends.
Old 22-04-2024, 10:30 PM   #2714
b0son
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Why is it businesses are claiming Thursday's Anzac Day public holiday constitutes a long weekend. Friday is NOT a public holiday
Enough people will chuck a sickie, that it might not be worth opening. I knew at least two my staff would be no-shows regardless, so I figured why chance it if anyone else gets the same idea.
b0son is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-04-2024, 10:50 PM   #2715
DFB FGXR6
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: For the excellent car-care guide 

Quote:
Originally Posted by b0son View Post
Enough people will chuck a sickie, that it might not be worth opening. I knew at least two my staff would be no-shows regardless, so I figured why chance it if anyone else gets the same idea.
Well, that kinda confirms my lazy/lack of work ethic theory. And people wonder why things cost so much.
Mustang GT

T3 TS50 - gone but not forgotten
DFB FGXR6 is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-04-2024, 11:14 PM   #2716
mad2
Regular...with metamusal
Donating Member2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charliewool View Post

havn't put me hand up for an RDO then ...... company did and i presume it will be the same on Melbum cup weekend.
mad2 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-04-2024, 11:15 PM   #2717
ford71V8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Its a conversation in our office.
PMs expect people to be off, here and other sites.
Do the rounds with people and depts, sort as best as possible.
April is always like this, so its not unexpected, and RDO calendar for certain industries does help planning forward.
Im working what I can thru the period, only because Im leaving them one man down for most of May :
ford71V8 is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 22-04-2024, 11:35 PM   #2718
Kicking back

Melbourne cup day was probably the busiest day of the year when i was on the tools. The 1 day of the year offices test out they tv and find out their terestrial connection doesnt work. However, it was also one of the best days of the year too. Whilst i would always get offers to stay for a glass of champas or a beer, i would decline. No traffic so a straight shot home. I dont gamble so the race that stops the nation means you can actually use cruise control in Sydney.
Old Yesterday, 09:25 AM   #2719
Tonz
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

that another major construction company has collapsed. How or why does not a bank or accountant see the writing on the wall months before hand. This whole corporate thing is crazy. I can create a company, build it up, reregister it as a corporate and if it falls I walk away with clean hands filthy bloody rich while my suppliers loose everything.
Old Yesterday, 10:04 AM   #2720
b0son
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonz View Post
that another major construction company has collapsed. How or why does not a bank or accountant see the writing on the wall months before hand.
Why do you think an overdraft exists? To earn interest for the bank. The longer you're in the red, the better for them. And they're secured creditors, so when it does go bust, they get their share first.
b0son is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
3 users like this post: