Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 09-03-2023, 04:23 PM   #391
Dr Smith
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: Global New Ranger Raptor reveal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gumboot View Post
So I have a question. My Ranger Raptor is apparently nearly here. 10 month wait.

I have a singed contract for a drive away price minus my deposit from last year.

The dealer has contacted me and said they want to send me a new contract with updated prices to sign. Said it was for things like rego has gone up from 2022 when i signed the first contract to 2023 etc . I confirmed no changes to the initially agreed vehicle price. I haven't seen the actual changes yet.

So is this normal, or do I insist on the initial contract. I just have not had that happen to me before.

Your advice please.

Cheers
I would imagine rego increases are very small in the scheme of things, like a cpi level increase, however if they are asking a few thousand dollars more I'd be asking for an itemised breakdown of original and new contract for a direct comparison plus I'd be reading the fine print of my original sale contract. Losing features that were standard on the vehicle at time of ordering would also be something to look out for.

If it's just a small increase only for the rego costs I'd probably accept that as you've stated the vehicle price is unchanged.
Dr Smith is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-03-2023, 05:01 PM   #392
Gumboot

Quote:
So I have a question. My Ranger Raptor is apparently nearly here. 10 month wait.

I have a singed contract for a drive away price minus my deposit from last year.

The dealer has contacted me and said they want to send me a new contract with updated prices to sign. Said it was for things like rego has gone up from 2022 when i signed the first contract to 2023 etc . I confirmed no changes to the initially agreed vehicle price. I haven't seen the actual changes yet.

So is this normal, or do I insist on the initial contract. I just have not had that happen to me before.

Your advice please.

Cheers

Update - received call from dealer to say it is here...
As long as the vehicle price hasn't changed i think that's fair.
Gumboot is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 09-03-2023, 05:08 PM   #393
Batman105E

Quote:

Your advice please.

Cheers
I was in the similar situation. I have one on order which was placed in August 2022, expected delivery sometime after August 2023. I signed a contract on a MY2022 model Raptor. As of March 2023 Ford are no longer making MY2022 cars so the contract was not valid. The MY2023 Raptor took a $1300 price rise. There was no option other than to accept the price rise and sign another contract. Everyone expecting a Raptor that had signed for a MY2022 but is getting a MY2023 is in the same boat.

I am not sure of your situation, I don't know enough about contract law.

Good luck.
Batman105E is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-03-2023, 10:09 PM   #394
vixf6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Batman105E View Post
I was in the similar situation. I have one on order which was placed in August 2022, expected delivery sometime after August 2023. I signed a contract on a MY2022 model Raptor. As of March 2023 Ford are no longer making MY2022 cars so the contract was not valid. The MY2023 Raptor took a $1300 price rise. There was no option other than to accept the price rise and sign another contract. Everyone expecting a Raptor that had signed for a MY2022 but is getting a MY2023 is in the same boat.

I am not sure of your situation, I don't know enough about contract law.

Good luck.
Funny, they’re removing some sensors thief and moth or something, so downgrading the thing and raising the price. The cards are all in Fords hands it seems, big line up of customers we do what we want take it or leave it. Seeing quite a few on the roads here in catland, they are quite a beast in the flesh.
2016 R8 Clubsport Lsa sold for beer money
F6 sold AND SAD ABOUT IT
vixf6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-03-2023, 12:31 PM   #395
Bossxr8
Peter Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by vixf6 View Post
Funny, they’re removing some sensors thief and moth or something, so downgrading the thing and raising the price. The cards are all in Fords hands it seems, big line up of customers we do what we want take it or leave it. Seeing quite a few on the roads here in catland, they are quite a beast in the flesh.
The price you sign for should be the price you get it for. But manufacturers are now passing that cost increase on. A lot of them are getting in on it, and the demand and wait lists mean they are taking full advantage of it.

At least when I signed the order for my Wildtrak the dealer said there is an upcoming price rise and factored that cost into the order. But who knows if it will cop another rise between now and when I get it, cause I don't think i'll even see it till late in the year, if not next.
Bossxr8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-03-2023, 02:37 PM   #396
simon varley
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Bringing sanity to the Everest threads. 

is it the manufacturer passing on a production cost increase, or the dealer milking it? big difference!

as others have said an itemised invoice should show what items have changed.
simon varley is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-03-2023, 03:23 PM   #397
jpd80
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Thoughtful contributions to our community 

Quote:
Originally Posted by simon varley View Post
is it the manufacturer passing on a production cost increase, or the dealer milking it? big difference!

as others have said an itemised invoice should show what items have changed.
It’s dealers asking more and if the sale falls over, they have others buyers ready to step in.
jpd80 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-03-2023, 03:53 PM   #398
simon varley
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Bringing sanity to the Everest threads. 

so, that's for consumer affairs to look into then right?
Old 10-03-2023, 05:29 PM   #399
Franco Cozzo
Thailand Specials

We've got real rubbery consumer law protections for automotive industry, curious to see how people go challenging this, one would assume signing a contract you get what you signed for, if the manufacturer now no longer makes 'MY2022.75' or something variation of the Ranger than thats on them and they should agree to the price everyone signed for for either an equivalent (or better) spec.

Mind you with real estate agents they massively under quote all the time to generate interest and no one holds them accountable because 'they can't pick the demand'... or some such nonsense.
Franco Cozzo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-03-2023, 12:49 AM   #400
Gumboot

Stood my ground. They agreed to no price change in the vehicle , only a small difference in Rego and CTP ($20). which isn't their fault but the Qld government
So a good result in the end. Pick it up this week.

Thanks for your advice team
3 users like this post:
Old 14-03-2023, 11:14 AM   #401
b0son
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

What I find amusing is how the dealers are getting around the RRP... putting 30kms on the clock, calling it used, then jacking up the price.

I cant wait to walk into a dealer when the market goes the other way.... 'nah mate, it's used, it's already got 30km on it, I want $5k off'.
b0son is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-03-2023, 07:37 PM   #402
vixf6

Quote:
Stood my ground. They agreed to no price change in the vehicle , only a small difference in Rego and CTP ($20). which isn't their fault but the Qld government
So a good result in the end. Pick it up this week.

Thanks for your advice team
Well done, put up a few pics when you get it Pls. They’re making good profits at the old rrp me thinks, so can afford to absorb the bs price rise. FMCO prolly only pays the poor old Thai prod workers $100 AUD or so a week? Or less?
F6 sold AND SAD ABOUT IT
Old 16-03-2023, 07:28 PM   #403
Gumboot

I picked up the new conquer grey Ranger Raptor. 10 months since order. Jan 2023 build.
I come from more old school 4wd's, so certainly is a lot of tech in this one.
A comfortable, smooth and impressive drive I must say.
Rear seat room is a bit tight though.

I have a few mods planned and then I am done.
- Tint
- Offroad animal front bar
- Stedi lights
- Icom UHF
- Soft Trifold tub cover (any recommendations, I don't want a roller shutter. )
- Brown Davis long range fuel tank
- Lithium behind the seat Dual battery

And it will never be this clean again...
Old 17-03-2023, 11:46 AM   #404
nibble

Very nice !! Tasteful list of mods there. Good luck with it.
nibble is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-03-2023, 12:36 PM   #405
b0son
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Is the bash plate plastic or metal?
b0son is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-03-2023, 01:46 PM   #406
Bossxr8
Peter Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by b0son View Post
Is the bash plate plastic or metal?
Pretty sure it's metal.
Old 12-05-2023, 08:54 AM   #407
Gumboot

Hi, Has anyone put a transmission cooler on their Next Gen Raptor yet and what temperatures do you get ?
Wholesale automatics already make one.
https://automatictransmission.com.au/.../dual-heavy-duty.../
I noticed my engine temp sits about 91 degrees C and the transmission up to about 90 Degrees on average in just normal driving. I will be towing a bit with it as well in the future and some slow 4wding, so looking for a way to keep the temps down.
In the past i have run PWR transmission coolers that tended to drop temps a good 15 degrees etc. Whats fords position on fitting a transmission cooler with warranty?

Thanks
Old 12-05-2023, 03:07 PM   #408
simon varley
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

why, oh why, oh why, do people keep asking this question?

90C hasn't even got the thermostat more than cracked.
5 users like this post:
Old 12-05-2023, 04:21 PM   #409
Bossxr8
Peter Car

Quote:

Putting the option of trans temp in the digital cluster was a mistake. I've seen numerous people whingeing that their new gen gets into the yellow on the bar graph. That's operating temp you morons. They think it's going to boil if it gets to 100 c, like it's a kettle.

These people are imbeciles. Even a little bit of info can be dangerous in the wrong hands.
4 users like this post:
Old 12-05-2023, 04:28 PM   #410
Polyal
Virtuous Bogan (TM)
Donating Member2

Quote:

Man that is an older falcon hang over I think..thank the milkshake and generally BTR's from the past for that one.
  • 1999 Lexus IS200 - 1G-FE Turbo 6MT
  • 1973 ZF Ford Fairlane
Polyal is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-05-2023, 04:33 PM   #411
Bossxr8
Peter Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polyal View Post
Man that is an older falcon hang over I think..thank the milkshake and generally BTR's from the past for that one.
That had nothing to do with too high running temps though.

It's just an obsession with anything over 100 for some bizarre reason. One guy was complaining he saw 105 while towing, and was worried. The over temp strategy doesn't kick in till 115 I think. People need to educate themselves.
2 users like this post:
Old 14-05-2023, 09:49 PM   #412
Gumboot

Thanks Simon. I could not easily find anything from Ford that went into much detail on it( is there a Ford online tech portal that we can get this kind of info? )

As a 4wder, I will report back what temps it gets to on a 38 degree Qld day driving through soft sand on Moreton island middle track.

(As a reference my previous Toyota would hit over 125+ degrees in the auto transmission there. After installing a PWR oil cooler with fan, same location, it would hold 95-100 Degrees as comparison.)

I did find this interesting article on the 10R80/60 Family that I pasted below...

"Normal operating temperature is a curious subject for discussion for these units. We have spent our whole transmission career trying to find ways to keep our units cool. Our mantra is the cooler the transmission runs, the longer it will live, right? Well, that goes out the door with these units! The normal operating temperature range for the 10R applications is 195°F to 215°F (90°C to 101°C). Yes, this is the OEM specified range, so don’t correct it. Everything from the friction and steel plates to the fluid is designed to function at its optimal level when the unit reaches this range. So, on a hot Arizona day, when you are pulling a 40-foot trailer uphill to the lake, it is common to see temperatures spike as high as 230°F!
ISSUES AND PATTERNED FAILURES

These units have not logged a substantial amount of miles; however, we are beginning to see some common issues. Low mileage issues such as poor shift quality and no engagement are attributed to debris entering the valve body. Note that programming updates solve most shift quality issues.

Always check the appropriate reference material for software updates. Sticking valves and CIDAS solenoid pintels are common concerns. It is necessary to replace the valve body when CIDAS solenoids fail. Individual solenoids are not available at the time of the printing of this article.
Higher mileage units experience issues with the CIDAS solenoid retaining clips becoming loose. It is a spring-type clip designed to keep the base of the solenoid secure in the bore. However, the clip flattens with time, allowing the solenoid to move in the bore, causing wear in the area where the solenoid sits. In addition, the movement of the solenoid causes inaccurate control of the valve, resulting in flared or binding shifts. Currently, the clips are not available and must be secured from a ‘donor’ valve body. However, the aftermarket has a solution in the works!
Issues of binding, flared shifts, and neutralizing are more common with 10R80 applications. Gear ratio codes may or may not be present. These concerns are caused by the inner sleeve of the C-D-F drum moving out of position. A diagnosis usually results in varied shift concerns that can not be corrected using a drive relearn procedure. Changing the valve body will often make the issue worse. Replace the drum as necessary.
While the design is similar to the 10R80, the 10R60 is experiencing growing pains. An issue of harsh 6-7 shift is attributed to the A-clutch return spring snap ring popping off . There is an updated housing assembly to correct this issue."
Old 16-05-2023, 11:01 AM   #413
simon varley
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
As a 4wder, I will report back what temps it gets to on a 38 degree Qld day driving through soft sand on Moreton island middle track.
that would be helpful thanks

despite my comment, sand driving IS one of the scenarios where the trans may need a little help. Heat in the trans is generated when the torque converter slips, and that is much more likely in sand than on bitumen or gravel. I still think you'll be fine, but would certainly be interesting to see the data
2 users like this post:
Old 19-06-2023, 05:40 PM   #414
DFB FGXR6
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: For the excellent car-care guide 

Ranger Raptor Sound, 0-100 1/4 Mile & Top Speed.....................

Mustang GT

T3 TS50 - gone but not forgotten
DFB FGXR6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-06-2023, 06:29 PM   #415
jpd80
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Thoughtful contributions to our community 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bossxr8 View Post
That had nothing to do with too high running temps though.

It's just an obsession with anything over 100 for some bizarre reason. One guy was complaining he saw 105 while towing, and was worried. The over temp strategy doesn't kick in till 115 I think. People need to educate themselves.
I remember having a 5.8 XD Falcon sweltering in peak hour traffic because the wasn’t enough flow at creep.
Watching the gauge go higher and higher into the red, then ease back as the traffic moved faster than 30 kph
jpd80 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-09-2023, 12:13 AM   #416
vixf6

IMG_7279.jpeg

We’ve had this thing for 6 weeks or so and it’s just fantastic. Power is phenomenal, no lag like our old f6,
Likes a drink currently at 12.7 av. Many gears, i think 8 or 6 might have been plenty, a little annoying with all the changing going on but you get used to it. Tried the diff locks the other day and they lock and unlock virtually instantly, fantastic. other 4wd’s can take a while, our old Mitsu Challenger took ages.
Very hard to steer with both these things locked up, got a bit close to a couple of trees, learning curve.
It’s a 23.5 and have discovered no glitches yet. The cameras are amazing, the lane keep assist always needing inputs every 10 seconds or so makes it tiresome, pity.
Exhaust is not my cup of tea, would like it quieter.
Overall fantastic job and thanks to Ford for sneaking in a few fun cars before they chop fossil fuels.
F6 sold AND SAD ABOUT IT