Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Old 15-02-2009, 10:38 AM   #1
Teknoslasher
Travis - 1999 Ford AU S1

Default Series 1 Clock Fitting?

I bought a Clock from a Series 1 Futura for my Series 1 Forte, I was just wondering, do they have the wiring and the connector already in them as I can't seem to find it. If not, does anyone know how to put them in?

Teknoslasher is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-02-2009, 12:19 PM   #2
LOWAU

I too would like to know, I have a clock but not sure on how to connect it.
LOWAU is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-02-2009, 10:00 AM   #3
Teknoslasher
Travis - 1999 Ford AU S1

Still not having much luck.
Teknoslasher is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-03-2009, 10:19 PM   #4
Rozwell28
Lurker

Man I wish someone would answer this one. I wanna know too.
Rozwell28 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-05-2009, 10:59 AM   #5
bodes-sh
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

ok, for anyone till wondering on this, i have done it.

it's only a month old, lol

anyway....i'm assuming you all know how to get the dash facia off? if not, you need to remove the head unit and the ash tray. there are 2 screws in behind where the ashtray sits, and one off to each side of where the head unit sits. undo all these and simply pull it away from the dash (it won't go far because the heater controls will stop it).

remove the falcon badge from the top of the dash and place the clock in the opening. screw the clock to the mounting brackets on the back of the facia. the wiring is as follows, i didn't use an actual plug, just small crimping terminals with electrical tape over the ends so they don't short out onto each other. you could also use heatshrink. for power, i tapped into the radio loom, you will have to check the wires if you have a stock head unit, as mine is aftermarket i tapped into the bridging loom between the 2 plugs.

as for the clock this is the diagram:

i'm pretty sure the dimming input is that one, but just check it. turn the parkers on and see if it dims, if it's not that one, it will be the one below it. acc power has to be those 2 terminals, otherwise you won't get any display out of the clock. as for the wiring, all power wires are available from the stereo loom, dash dimming included.
off:
(image 177)

just on acc:
image178

with lights on:
image179 missing

(sorry for the really crap quality, you can just make out the difference. i also think there are pins for a light for the buttons, but i'm not sure which ones they are. and the series 2/3 haven't got them anyway, so...)

anyway, that's my quick write up on installing a clock into an au1. i think mine was out of an xr6, not that that should make any difference...

good luck guys, hope this helps
Attached Images
File Type: png clockdiagram_bode-sh_dia.png (3.7 KB, 47 views)
File Type: jpg clock_177_bodes-sh.jpg (5.1 KB, 47 views)
File Type: jpg clock_178_bodes-sh.jpg (5.1 KB, 11 views)
File Type: jpg clock_179_bodes-sh.jpg (5.1 KB, 43 views)

Last edited by Uncle_Ken; 14-11-2017 at 09:21 PM. Reason: pb
bodes-sh is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-11-2017, 06:51 PM   #6
cbrennan83
Starter Motor

Default Re: Series 1 Clock Fitting?

any chance we can update the photo i can only see photo bucket seems to be happening alot
cbrennan83 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-11-2017, 09:21 PM   #7
Uncle_Ken
Next upgraded Mk1 Leopard
Donating Member1

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Always putting some imput into the forums to help or make it a bit easier for others Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 
Default Re: Series 1 Clock Fitting?

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbrennan83 View Post
any chance we can update the photo i can only see photo bucket seems to be happening alot
updated bar one.
UK
How 2's: Change rear view mirror, Install backfire valve, Change foam front seats, Install auto transmission cooler, Replace Trans Shift Globe, Remove front door Trim, Paint AU headlights, install door spears, Premium Rear Parcel Shelf, go here...
Uncle_Ken is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post