Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Old 04-02-2018, 06:12 PM   #1
Jack91
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default 200kw/auto into 185kw/man and reverse

Hi all,
Just picked up another au xr8 ute, 5 speed this time (I've been missing out for so long!). Its on the wovr, and I'm sure the speedo and km reading is shonky as it has a forte speedo. But it runs fantastically.
This was supposed to replace my au2 200kw auto ute, but now I think I'd rather keep mine and swap donks and drivetrains. I've probably got 6 mo this before the 200kw dies, its leaking from every orifice, so in that time I'll build up a budget 347 and swap it over a week or so to keep me on the road. Few questions though:

How much power can the v8 t5 handle? Im assuming its got around 250k on it.

Can I just swap ecus? Obviously the 347 will get a flash tune

Are there any differences other than heads, throttle body and extractors between 2 engines?

What are the biggest pipe size extractors that will fit an au bay off the shelf (bigger than tickford ones)

End game aim is to have my worn out silver ute running the 347/5sp and the crap ute running the worn out 200kw/auto and keeping it running for a rainy day.
Jack91 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-02-2018, 06:39 PM   #2
Jack91
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: 200kw/auto into 185kw/man and reverse

Been reading all I can but getting conflicting info. Are there any direct replacement heads that will go on a 347 build? Preferably assembled, and not having to fly cut pistons. Car will be a manual and toy car, so I plan on getting a very large cam. Recommendations there will also be good.

Oh and also.. Bump.
Jack91 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post