Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Closed Thread

Old 12-10-2013, 10:34 PM   #361
Blue Roo
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: Any VF performance figures out there yet?

Quote:
Originally Posted by burnz View Post
Harden up princess
Hey Burnz! Why don't you take your V6 Chevy Powered Bowtie Pussy Mobile. Thats Holden for you and go back to Houso's in Sunnyvale.
3 users like this post:
Old 12-10-2013, 10:35 PM   #362
Sorted
OzEcruisers PRESIDENT

Community Builder: In recognition of those who have helped build the AFF community. - Issue reason: For all the contributions you make to the AFF community. 

I'm a member on Ls1 forum since 2008 with Zero Posts lol

In other news I saw on v8 supercars a race they are doing or have done with the HSV VF GTS vs HSV VE GTS vs T8's V8 Supercar - it wasn't on today's tv coverage so will be on tomorrow's tv coverage of the Bathurst 1000 race

Tuned by DYNOMOTIVE

200BUX - AFF Drag Nats 2019 EF Wagon
Quote:
Originally Posted by rednose View Post
Common knowledge that the more weight you take out of the car the less power you need to run the time.
Old 12-10-2013, 10:50 PM   #363
MITCHAY
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sorted View Post

In other news I saw on v8 supercars a race they are doing or have done with the HSV VF GTS vs HSV VE GTS vs T8's V8 Supercar - it wasn't on today's tv coverage so will be on tomorrow's tv coverage of the Bathurst 1000 race
I saw the VX GTS vs VF GTS vs HRT V8SC today. I think they said the VF GTS can clock 280km/h down Conrod which considering the V8SC do 300km/h is really moving (and probably scary) in a stock production car.

They should do a BA GT vs FG GT R spec vs FPR car I reckon. Something for everyone.

Anyways so the numbers are out and they seem decent to me. You either see the value in the extra $$$ or you don't.
This user likes this post:
Old 12-10-2013, 10:52 PM   #364
jimmyxr6t04
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Aww, c'mon guys... I'll be honest, the LS1 forum along with the fordforums are amongst the the best i've been on... Most of the time there are educated, well respected people/opinions on both. I love both of them, apart from the odd few die hard supporters... Nothing wrong with those sorts of people, but i for one, think that most of us have progressed past the 1st grade at school... Some of the die hard comments remind me of a schoolyard argument, it's pathetic...

I just don't understand how 'ford' people can be so against 'holden'... i understand rivalry, and i understand war... So, should ford owners shoot and kill holden owners?? that's what i get from some of these posts? Nil tolerance?

LS1 forum is a well moderated forum, with mostly intelligent posters. Make of that what you will... but, being a member of both, i feel qualified to distinguish. On the whole, the fordforum members on here appear a lot more one eyed and biased than LS1 forum members... I feel that a better discussion is had on LS1 forums, again, make of that what you will... There appears to be less ego, and less other rubbish.

Not saying i hate this place, but it's becoming a bit of a joke... YES, ford lovers can love fords. But, as a collective we can also appreciate the opposition? Yes, or maybe no?

Maybe not for some?

And before anyone slates me... Remember, i have just laid down a deposit for a new GT... Maybe says more than a lot of so called other Ford supporters.... Who simply whinge, whine, rag, and never actually support the brand in a meaningful way, other than words....
7 users like this post:
Old 12-10-2013, 11:04 PM   #365
BHDOGS
Banned

My thoughts are the gts sucks
2 users like this post:
Old 13-10-2013, 12:21 AM   #366
1TUFFUTE
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by BHDOGS View Post
My thoughts are the gts sucks
For now i agree.....
Old 13-10-2013, 12:41 AM   #367
flooded one
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

comment such as harden up princess only help stazzas argument. not all Holden owners are tossers but there are quite a few out there that give the rest a bad name
Old 13-10-2013, 01:16 AM   #368
austyphoon

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildrider View Post
comment such as harden up princess only help stazzas argument. not all Holden owners are tossers but there are quite a few out there that give the rest a bad name
And your point?

Someone from the other side would be saying the exact same thing about Stazza. It helps no argument.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sorted View Post

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cQFRnUx7srM
Old 13-10-2013, 02:44 AM   #369
flooded one
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

[QUOTE=austyphoon;4905878]And your point?QUOTE]

It helps Stazzas argument about Holden supporters being tools. Burnz has walked straight into that. not that I care personally
2 users like this post:
Old 13-10-2013, 05:50 AM   #370
1TUFFUTE
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by austyphoon View Post
And your point?

Someone from the other side would be saying the exact same thing about Stazza. It helps no argument.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cQFRnUx7srM
I understand exactly where he's comin from. Just look at utube for eg....it's chock full of bogan commadores doin skids and racing by about 100 to 1 over ford guys. Even the comment sections show their true bogan colours.....you should read them sometime.

By the way.....you didn't comment on the vids i posted that prove our statements about the GT you didn't believe. Are you a believer yet
Old 13-10-2013, 07:43 AM   #371
40RDT
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1TUFFUTE View Post
REALY...well let me take a quick look...obviously im in Australia so internet searches will have do....but seeing as my long term of fact serving posts on this form still leaves you basically calling me a liar.....id like to shove your comments back at you.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gZuj3-0mN58
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-hsJe2lNQGA

theres a couple that actually prove me wrong...a both GTs are 12.2s and the track prepped walkinshaw only managed a best of 12.8 on the same strip in the same conditions.Once again putting truth to the FACT that holdens CLAIMS are never matchedby owners...yet fords.....well that's different.
I accept appollagies in cash or I could spend another 5 minutes looking for fast GTs for you.

So at this point I think our FORDS can hold their heads high and all you closet holden lovers can smug off. Im still yet to be wowed by the new VF ranges performance figures. The teck is impressive(when it works apparently...but that's another thread)
Going by performance figures so far it looks like the GTS is exceeding HSV's performance claims. I think HSV quoted times around a 12.3 for the 1/4 mile? So far journos have run a best 12.1

The thing I dont get is that you seem to be impressed with GT performance figures but you're not "wowed" with GTS figures even though it running quicker times so far. More than likely run even quicker times in the publics hands and we havent even see what its capable of on a track yet. If the GTS is already beating the GT on the 1/4 you would think it would be a pretty safe bet that its gonna beat the GT around the track also.
Old 13-10-2013, 09:08 AM   #372
jimmyxr6t04
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Also, lets not forget alot of the argument from our guys is "whack some bigger tyres on the GT and it will get better times"... Well, whack some MTs on the GTS and watch it walk into 11s.... stock... That's my thoughts anyway.

A 100k car (which in a few years will be as heavily discounted as our GT's), that will 'possibly' run 11s with nothing more than some sticky tyres at the drag strip...

So, in a few years it might be possible to pick one up for say mid 80k... Considering, if i had to add tyres, an intercooler, plus the same brakes if i wanted track work, i'd be looking at over 80k total spend including a 60k odd purchase price...

Yep, horibble value that GTS is going to be!
Old 13-10-2013, 09:50 AM   #373
40RDT
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmyxr6t04 View Post
Also, lets not forget alot of the argument from our guys is "whack some bigger tyres on the GT and it will get better times"... Well, whack some MTs on the GTS and watch it walk into 11s.... stock... That's my thoughts anyway.

A 100k car (which in a few years will be as heavily discounted as our GT's), that will 'possibly' run 11s with nothing more than some sticky tyres at the drag strip...

So, in a few years it might be possible to pick one up for say mid 80k... Considering, if i had to add tyres, an intercooler, plus the same brakes if i wanted track work, i'd be looking at over 80k total spend including a 60k odd purchase price...

Yep, horibble value that GTS is going to be!
Going by a few posts in this thread some people are already getting new GTS's for low 90k driveaway, give it another 6-12 months you will probably pick one up for around 80k new once the hype of the new model etc has passed
Old 13-10-2013, 11:46 AM   #374
austyphoon

Quote:
REALY...well let me take a quick look...obviously im in Australia so internet searches will have do....but seeing as my long term of fact serving posts on this form still leaves you basically calling me a liar.....id like to shove your comments back at you.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gZuj3-0mN58
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-hsJe2lNQGA
You said

Quote:
Oh and the GT Rspec has run a 12.3 by a nz mag(its been brought up sooo many times).....same as this mystical 12.3 for the GTS.
And I asked for this magazine time from NZ, not a random youtube link (and yes, I know there are plenty of GT's running low 12's.

So until you link me to this NZ article I'll call you out on it.
Old 13-10-2013, 12:39 PM   #375
Bossxr8
Peter Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by MITCHAY View Post
I saw the VX GTS vs VF GTS vs HRT V8SC today. I think they said the VF GTS can clock 280km/h down Conrod which considering the V8SC do 300km/h is really moving (and probably scary) in a stock production car.

They should do a BA GT vs FG GT R spec vs FPR car I reckon. Something for everyone.

Anyways so the numbers are out and they seem decent to me. You either see the value in the extra $$$ or you don't.
I thought they are speed limited to 250 like all HSV's have been for a long time. Or have HSV fitted one of their special press car tunes to it.
2 users like this post:
Old 13-10-2013, 12:46 PM   #376
stazza
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by 40RDT View Post
Going by performance figures so far it looks like the GTS is exceeding HSV's performance claims. I think HSV quoted times around a 12.3 for the 1/4 mile? So far journos have run a best 12.1

The thing I dont get is that you seem to be impressed with GT performance figures but you're not "wowed" with GTS figures even though it running quicker times so far. More than likely run even quicker times in the publics hands and we havent even see what its capable of on a track yet. If the GTS is already beating the GT on the 1/4 you would think it would be a pretty safe bet that its gonna beat the GT around the track also.
Coyote motor can be had for $50k less. It's 5.0lt not 6.2lt. I think it holds it's own pretty damn well.

If you squeezers love the GTS so much then leave us in peace and go buy one FFS, instead of preaching your ******** here trying to convince us all that GT is a heap of **** in your eyes.
2011 SILHOUETTE FPV GS 315 #0275
20x10", 20x8.5" Lenso D1R's
Pedders XA Coilovers
Brembo 4/1
Pacemaker 1" 7/8 Headers
Twin 3" Stainless Manta Catback
XFT Built Motor
XFT Custom Surge Tank
XFT Stage 3 ZF
Final Drive Chromoly Tailshaft
KPM Twin Air Filter
KPM Stage 2 Intercooler
KPM Twin Throttle Body
2.6L Kenne Bell on E85
BlueStreak Circle D Converter
900+ rwhp thanks to Xtreme Ford Tuning

Last edited by russellw; 13-10-2013 at 01:53 PM. Reason: The term you were looking for is car enthusiasts...
Old 13-10-2013, 01:04 PM   #377
Angeldust

Holden are the Best cars in the world... forever

i love my holden soo much..

Z series Clubsport HRT edition..
e46 320ci 2.2ltr Stocko
Old 13-10-2013, 01:25 PM   #378
flooded one
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

maybe the GTS in drives test was fitted with that magical peter brock energy polariser
2 users like this post:
Old 13-10-2013, 04:21 PM   #379
Angeldust

.. it was fitted with a Ford 'fanboi' irritator...

in FACT, all HSV's are !

Z series Clubsport HRT edition..
e46 320ci 2.2ltr Stocko
Old 13-10-2013, 05:17 PM   #380
40RDT
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by stazza View Post
Coyote motor can be had for $50k less. It's 5.0lt not 6.2lt. I think it holds it's own pretty damn well.

If you squeezers love the GTS so much then leave us in peace and go buy one FFS, instead of preaching your ******** here trying to convince us all that GT is a heap of **** in your eyes.
If I had a lazy 90k laying around I would buy one but im probably going in a different direction with my current car instead of buying a new car.

Im not trying to convince anyone that the GT is bad, the GT is great just not as good as the new GTS.
Old 13-10-2013, 07:58 PM   #381
stazza
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
If I had a lazy 90k laying around I would buy one but im probably going in a different direction with my current car instead of buying a new car.

Im not trying to convince anyone that the GT is bad, the GT is great just not as good as the new GTS.
That's subjective really. Performance wise, still debatable. Looks wise, the GTS is one of the ugliest cars I've ever laid my eyes on. Tech wise, impressive if you can't park for ****. But the tech is the same cheap crap from the vanilla Commodores. In saying that, admittedly it is nice that you get the brakes package and some of the other performance additions. Nothing that would ever sway me to buy a car so butt ugly. And I'd rather have no association to the redneck red camp at all.
2011 SILHOUETTE FPV GS 315 #0275
20x10", 20x8.5" Lenso D1R's
Pedders XA Coilovers
Brembo 4/1
Pacemaker 1" 7/8 Headers
Twin 3" Stainless Manta Catback
XFT Built Motor
XFT Custom Surge Tank
XFT Stage 3 ZF
Final Drive Chromoly Tailshaft
KPM Twin Air Filter
KPM Stage 2 Intercooler
KPM Twin Throttle Body
2.6L Kenne Bell on E85
BlueStreak Circle D Converter
900+ rwhp thanks to Xtreme Ford Tuning
2 users like this post:
Old 13-10-2013, 08:54 PM   #382
1TUFFUTE
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by austyphoon View Post
You said

And I asked for this magazine time from NZ, not a random youtube link (and yes, I know there are plenty of GT's running low 12's.

So until you link me to this NZ article I'll call you out on it.
Get ya hand off it....what's the point if there is plenty of other evidence to prove its capable of running that fast...if not faster lets imagine for one second the nz mag time is a mystery. It doesn't matter because i showed you evidence of GTs and F6s running quicker then what you thought.
Old 13-10-2013, 09:01 PM   #383
1TUFFUTE
Banned

Quote:

Since when did the gts run a 12.1? I missed that one!
And as for owners running faster then holdens claims.....then this would be a first for a Holden product.....as history has always shown their claims notoriously hard to replicate.
Old 13-10-2013, 09:07 PM   #384
austyphoon

Quote:
Get ya hand off it....what's the point if there is plenty of other evidence to prove its capable of running that fast...if not faster lets imagine for one second the nz mag time is a mystery. It doesn't matter because i showed you evidence of GTs and F6s running quicker then what you thought.
It does make a difference. You claimed something that never existed, which is a review of an R-Spec getting 12.3.

And to make it clear, I know first hand how quick the F6 and GT have gone.

But comparing times in reviews with real world times is very different, as has been noted by anyone with an F6 or GT.

At the moment, the fastest time any review has gotten for the R-Spec is 12.5.

At the moment, the fastest time any review has gotten for the GTS is 12.18.

Pretty big difference.
Old 13-10-2013, 09:09 PM   #385
austyphoon

Quote:
And as for owners running faster then holdens claims.....then this would be a first for a Holden product.....as history has always shown their claims notoriously hard to replicate.
0-100km/h times.

HSV never quoted 0-400m times from memory.
Old 13-10-2013, 09:25 PM   #386
The Monty
Just slidin'

The GTS has surpassed all my expectations 0-100 and 1/4 mile. Looks like Australia has a new king of the road, and anyone who thinks that these times wont be replicated time and time again is going to be very wrong.

Ill go as far as to say in the winter, we will see them going 11.9. Cold weather, nice run in engine....
Old 13-10-2013, 09:29 PM   #387
Bossxr8
Peter Car

Umm, last time I checked these previous GTS times were from winter or very close to it. It's not like they have run them in summer. They definitely won't crack 11's in it, unless they use slicks.
2 users like this post:
Old 13-10-2013, 09:35 PM   #388
The Monty
Just slidin'

We will see. Its definetly not being run in nice cold weather is it? Ill stand by what I say, come winter at Willowbank, someone will run an 11.9 in one stock. If they can get a wheel spinning 12.2, you can get a non wheel spinning 11.9.
Old 13-10-2013, 09:40 PM   #389
Bossxr8
Peter Car

Last time I checked the weather has been shizzen, and just remember the magazines run on long lead times.
Old 13-10-2013, 09:50 PM   #390
1TUFFUTE
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Monty View Post
We will see. Its definetly not being run in nice cold weather is it? Ill stand by what I say, come winter at Willowbank, someone will run an 11.9 in one stock. If they can get a wheel spinning 12.2, you can get a non wheel spinning 11.9.
Why wait for winter....nz should be crankin out times when they get some over there.
Closed Thread