Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Closed Thread

Old 05-09-2013, 09:11 PM   #121
jimmyxr6t04
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: Any VF performance figures out there yet?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigboihulk View Post
I wonder if ford will come out with some bigger and more badass with there last edition falcon before end of production in 2016 uno 5.8l s/c of v8 fun would be a great idea.

I still love the gt over the ugly gts you can have your gts gimics and gadgets and ill have my gt pride
Bigger brakes, torque vector, increased cooling, massive diff, all gimmicks?

Whether we want to believe it or not, the gts is a fantastic car. I wonder how many here are actual GT owners, or real contenders to own one?

A lot of the stuff said in here reminds me of school yard antics.
Old 05-09-2013, 09:42 PM   #122
f6 boss

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=v_chwmVnstI

I like the kw and Nm tech gauges.

Same badge car on mainline dyno

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=PIeibllatZg

Last edited by f6 boss; 05-09-2013 at 09:49 PM.
Old 05-09-2013, 10:08 PM   #123
Wretched
Render unto Caesar

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmyxr6t04 View Post
Bigger brakes, torque vector, increased cooling, massive diff, all gimmicks?

Whether we want to believe it or not, the gts is a fantastic car. I wonder how many here are actual GT owners, or real contenders to own one?

A lot of the stuff said in here reminds me of school yard antics.
shhh they're only gimmicks when HSV have them
Old 05-09-2013, 10:25 PM   #124
stazza
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by f6 boss View Post

340kw my ***. My 315kw GS made 60 more rwhp stock

Holden need to quit the bull ****
2011 SILHOUETTE FPV GS 315 #0275
20x10", 20x8.5" Lenso D1R's
Pedders XA Coilovers
Brembo 4/1
Pacemaker 1" 7/8 Headers
Twin 3" Stainless Manta Catback
XFT Built Motor
XFT Custom Surge Tank
XFT Stage 3 ZF
Final Drive Chromoly Tailshaft
KPM Twin Air Filter
KPM Stage 2 Intercooler
KPM Twin Throttle Body
2.6L Kenne Bell on E85
BlueStreak Circle D Converter
900+ rwhp thanks to Xtreme Ford Tuning
3 users like this post:
Old 05-09-2013, 10:29 PM   #125
flooded one
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

the reason why everyone is getting worked up is because the GTS has been tagged "Australia's fastest car". yet it hasn't been proven if can better the GT-R spec times. We also know from the link I posted the GT-R spec can go faster. no one has matched HSVs claims. no times that are quicker have been recorded. Its only HSV's claim or the time is estimated as being better. the recorded times so far have proven the GT-R spec is quicker. I do believe the HSV will be quicker around the track with all the equipment it has?? who knows?? it may or may not handle better. I honestly cant see it having anymore the 330kw at the rears given the history of what I've seen with dynos and HSVs and SS. I'd be banking around the 310-320 mark. the W427 is an example of that. 375kw and yet most where making around the 290kw mark at the treads.
4 users like this post:
Old 05-09-2013, 10:51 PM   #126
burnz
VFII SS UTE

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildrider View Post
the reason why everyone is getting worked up is because the GTS has been tagged "Australia's fastest car". yet it hasn't been proven if can better the GT-R spec times. We also know from the link I posted the GT-R spec can go faster. no one has matched HSVs claims. no times that are quicker have been recorded. Its only HSV's claim or the time is estimated as being better. the recorded times so far have proven the GT-R spec is quicker. I do believe the HSV will be quicker around the track with all the equipment it has?? who knows?? it may or may not handle better. I honestly cant see it having anymore the 330kw at the rears given the history of what I've seen with dynos and HSVs and SS. I'd be banking around the 310-320 mark. the W427 is an example of that. 375kw and yet most where making around the 290kw mark at the treads.
times mean nothing same with dyno's...

how much power is weight shifted at the trap speed, nothing more nothing less.
Old 06-09-2013, 08:33 AM   #127
jimmyxr6t04
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Stazza - it's been proven that the GT 335 makes closer to 375kw, if not 400kw... Add roughly 20% to the 310-330rwkw and it's very close to 400kw

That youtube clip of the ute is pretty spot on. Accounts for between 20-22% drivetrain losses.... OR, are our fords so damn good that nothing is lost through the drivetrain?

Get a grip guys... If we allow a generous 25% drivetrain losses on the GTS, it should still pull a solid 320rwkw. If the losses are lower, then it'll pull more.

Not sure why people are blasting HSV for their advertised power output, seems a lot more accurate than FPV's claimed power outputs... Or, should HSV only claim 335kw GTS and have it pull 320rwkw, would that make you guys happier, that the FPV's official power rating hasn't been trumped?

FPV should have stamped the 335 as 375kw or 400kw and it would have been an accurate reflection. It's FPV's fault that HSV have claimed 430kw, because HSV knew that the FPV's true power output was well above 335kw. So, to trump the FPV (marketing and official power claim), HSV claimed 430kw, knowing full well it will still pull similar dyno numbers to the FPV.

Now FPV will look like the goose if they claim a re-tuned 430kw miami, yet it only pulls a tad more than its claimed 335 on the dyno... FPV set the bar, and HSV have matched it. For FPV to get a genuine 350rwkw now, they will have to badge the car as a 440-450kw, even then the public will be confused as to how a 335kw can pump 320rwkw, yet the 450kw version only 350rwkw... In a round about type of way, FPV shot themselves in the foot now...
3 users like this post:
Old 06-09-2013, 09:13 AM   #128
stazza
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

You are correct. Good point. But it also works in a good way that a 325kw GTS pulls up next to a 315kw GS and gets eaten.
2011 SILHOUETTE FPV GS 315 #0275
20x10", 20x8.5" Lenso D1R's
Pedders XA Coilovers
Brembo 4/1
Pacemaker 1" 7/8 Headers
Twin 3" Stainless Manta Catback
XFT Built Motor
XFT Custom Surge Tank
XFT Stage 3 ZF
Final Drive Chromoly Tailshaft
KPM Twin Air Filter
KPM Stage 2 Intercooler
KPM Twin Throttle Body
2.6L Kenne Bell on E85
BlueStreak Circle D Converter
900+ rwhp thanks to Xtreme Ford Tuning
This user likes this post:
Old 06-09-2013, 09:36 AM   #129
40RDT
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chopped View Post
I wouldn't read much into that dyno result from VCM.
They only managed to get 252rwkw from a stock 335 GT >http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oWI3b0ePnfo I've seen alot better results than that (I wouldn't trust that dyno)

Infact the whole Dyno game is a bit of black magic IMO.

As other have said, I think both the GT & GTS will be very close to each other in straight line performance. Either owner should be proud to own the fastest cars produced in Aus.
That's a very low reading dyno going by the numbers the GT is putting out. If the CTS V they had was putting out 300rwkw there is almost a 50rwkw difference between the LSA motor and the 335 motor. That should put the GTS at around 370rwkw stock?
Old 06-09-2013, 09:59 AM   #130
40RDT
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:

Looks pretty nice in white with black wheels, seats look good too. Dont know why you would those guages down in front of the shifter though
Old 06-09-2013, 10:12 AM   #131
CAMS290
trying to get a leg over
Donating Member2

put this into perspective, the GT R Spec ran over 117mph on the 1/4 when Wheels tested it, some numbers doing the rounds on LS1.com suggest the GTS is trapping at 114 to 115mph

In drag racing that's a big difference and a true indications how much power a car is making.
5 users like this post:
Old 06-09-2013, 10:25 AM   #132
jimmyxr6t04
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by CAMS290 View Post
put this into perspective, the GT R Spec ran over 117mph on the 1/4 when Wheels tested it, some numbers doing the rounds on LS1.com suggest the GTS is trapping at 114 to 115mph

In drag racing that's a big difference and a true indications how much power a car is making.
Will be interesting to see what the GTS does in private hands in standard trim.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stazza
You are correct. Good point. But it also works in a good way that a 325kw GTS pulls up next to a 315kw GS and gets eaten.
Yeah true that, especially as most of the public don't realise how understated the GS/GT is...

Quote:
Originally Posted by 40RDT
That's a very low reading dyno going by the numbers the GT is putting out. If the CTS V they had was putting out 300rwkw there is almost a 50rwkw difference between the LSA motor and the 335 motor. That should put the GTS at around 370rwkw stock?
GTS in stock form will be somewhere between 320-350rwkw... just IMO. GT should have been badged somewhere between 375-400kw, the 335kw does not reflect it's true power output.

With about 22% drivetrain loss, i'd predict the GTS to hit consistent 330rwkw... Just goes to show how much ford has understated the GT.

Will be very interesting to see what the GTS owners get on the dyno, track and then after a tune.
Old 06-09-2013, 10:53 AM   #133
1TUFFUTE
Banned

Quote:
Stazza - it's been proven that the GT 335 makes closer to 375kw, if not 400kw... Add roughly 20% to the 310-330rwkw and it's very close to 400kw

That youtube clip of the ute is pretty spot on. Accounts for between 20-22% drivetrain losses.... OR, are our fords so damn good that nothing is lost through the drivetrain?

Get a grip guys... If we allow a generous 25% drivetrain losses on the GTS, it should still pull a solid 320rwkw. If the losses are lower, then it'll pull more.

Not sure why people are blasting HSV for their advertised power output, seems a lot more accurate than FPV's claimed power outputs... Or, should HSV only claim 335kw GTS and have it pull 320rwkw, would that make you guys happier, that the FPV's official power rating hasn't been trumped?

FPV should have stamped the 335 as 375kw or 400kw and it would have been an accurate reflection. It's FPV's fault that HSV have claimed 430kw, because HSV knew that the FPV's true power output was well above 335kw. So, to trump the FPV (marketing and official power claim), HSV claimed 430kw, knowing full well it will still pull similar dyno numbers to the FPV.

Now FPV will look like the goose if they claim a re-tuned 430kw miami, yet it only pulls a tad more than its claimed 335 on the dyno... FPV set the bar, and HSV have matched it. For FPV to get a genuine 350rwkw now, they will have to badge the car as a 440-450kw, even then the public will be confused as to how a 335kw can pump 320rwkw, yet the 450kw version only 350rwkw... In a round about type of way, FPV shot themselves in the foot now...
Fpv don't look like the goose....it was years ago now they badged these cars(and if they badged them any higher....the chassis couldn't handle it).....it's the owners who strap their new GTS to a dyno that will look like gooses. I can see it now. Owner says "can i get a before and after dyno while im modding my car?"......tuner says " nah lets just dyno it after the mods" lol
Old 06-09-2013, 11:02 AM   #134
40RDT
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Yeah im keen to see what it gets on the dyno, but your probably right it will be pretty close the GT seeing so far they have run similar times on the 1/4 going by the journos.

Will be interesting how the LSA motors respond to cam and pulley upgrades etc
Old 06-09-2013, 11:09 AM   #135
Sorted
OzEcruisers PRESIDENT

Community Builder: In recognition of those who have helped build the AFF community. - Issue reason: For all the contributions you make to the AFF community. 

LOL Holden man has no idea what the FPV is fail

Wonder if KPM raced him lol

Quote:
These two were on the way to a photo shoot for Motor Magazine. which one do you guys like the Holden VF Commmodore SSV with a V8 Supercharged engine or the FPV (i have no idea what model it is). im personally a holden man
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ecsQS0bI39Q

Tuned by DYNOMOTIVE

200BUX - AFF Drag Nats 2019 EF Wagon
Quote:
Originally Posted by rednose View Post
Common knowledge that the more weight you take out of the car the less power you need to run the time.
Old 06-09-2013, 01:18 PM   #136
jimmyxr6t04
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1TUFFUTE View Post
Fpv don't look like the goose....it was years ago now they badged these cars(and if they badged them any higher....the chassis couldn't handle it).....it's the owners who strap their new GTS to a dyno that will look like gooses. I can see it now. Owner says "can i get a before and after dyno while im modding my car?"......tuner says " nah lets just dyno it after the mods" lol
Huh?? tell me how a badge of 400kw making 335rwkw is any different to a badge of 335kw making 335rwkw? Power output is the same, the chassis will be fine... FPV should have badged their 335 at least 375kw right from the start in its current state of tune (making 320rwkw)... Unless you're suggesting FPV should have badged it 400kw and made it pump out 400rwkw? Again, it's not an accurate indication of the cars engine output.

HSV have badged their cars accordingly, it's FPV who have got it wrong... Unless you think a 335 at the engine should make 335 at the wheels?

My stock BA XR6T made 192rwkw, and it was badged as 240kw. That's rougly a 20% drivetrain loss, and accurate... This is basically how HSV have badged their cars, nothing wrong with it... It's a true and relatively accurate measurement of their engine output.

4ORDT - Cams; that's one reason i'd be keen on the LSA. Hopefully a lumpy aftermarket cam is available. I wish a cam was available for the GT, would make it a tough sounding machine!!
Old 06-09-2013, 02:04 PM   #137
40RDT
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Huh?? tell me how a badge of 400kw making 335rwkw is any different to a badge of 335kw making 335rwkw? Power output is the same, the chassis will be fine... FPV should have badged their 335 at least 375kw right from the start in its current state of tune (making 320rwkw)... Unless you're suggesting FPV should have badged it 400kw and made it pump out 400rwkw? Again, it's not an accurate indication of the cars engine output.

HSV have badged their cars accordingly, it's FPV who have got it wrong... Unless you think a 335 at the engine should make 335 at the wheels?

My stock BA XR6T made 192rwkw, and it was badged as 240kw. That's rougly a 20% drivetrain loss, and accurate... This is basically how HSV have badged their cars, nothing wrong with it... It's a true and relatively accurate measurement of their engine output.

4ORDT - Cams; that's one reason i'd be keen on the LSA. Hopefully a lumpy aftermarket cam is available. I wish a cam was available for the GT, would make it a tough sounding machine!!
Yeah cam changeover is pretty cheap and easy for the LS motors, you only need one lol

I watching a vid of a ZL1 on youtube with an exhaust, cam, intake, pulley change and ported intake on the blower and it was putting out around 700rwhp.
Old 06-09-2013, 04:15 PM   #138
jimmyxr6t04
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Provided the mechanicals all hold up well with after market mods, the GTS is gonna be a weapon!
Old 06-09-2013, 06:36 PM   #139
FG50T
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Provided the mechanicals all hold up well with after market mods, the GTS is gonna be a weapon!
Absolutely. I haven't sat in one yet or obviously been able to drive one yet. I want the power but don't care much for the gimmicy stuff aside from the heads up display. It will never be a good track and I don't need to read how much G I'm pulling or anything like that. I'm glad the GT-R spec is still in the contest for me to make a difficult decision in buying one.
Old 06-09-2013, 06:42 PM   #140
rancidpunx
FPV GTR

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: For technical contribution to all things car-care related. And helping/advising forum members with the best possible information. 

Quote:
Ouch, faster than their test with the RSpec although the FPV was done with an Auto and didn't look to nail it.The R8 looked really quick, surprising if I am honest. Thats the fastest stock HSV I have seen.
0-100 times are definitely favouring manual cars and launch control, apart from the new GTS timed runs so far
- Veridian Green PJ Ranger XLT -
The Work Truck

Old 06-09-2013, 07:22 PM   #141
f6 boss

the new r8 weighs 1714 kg, thats about 130 kg lighter than the gt.
The new GTS is said to weigh 1880 kg, i reckon the gts will run 12.4 at about 113 mph, and the r8 maybe 12.9 at 109 mph
Old 06-09-2013, 09:21 PM   #142
irish2
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
I'm not sure why so many people here are getting so worked up? not just this thread, but others too? The GTS is a fantastic car for the price. Yes, it's 30k more than a GT, but you also get a lot more standard equipment for that...

Anyone that's seen any of my other posts will know i'm not too far off buying a GT, but that doesn't mean i can't like the GTS. In fact, if i could get a GTS for 70k driveaway i probably would (i'd feel like Judas, but it would exceptional value)... However, as it stands i'd prefer the cheaper GT and maybe a GTS in 3-5 years time when prices drop.

I think the GTS will surprise many of us...

As i said, on the street there will be bugger all difference. I laugh at the lads who claim their xr6t beats an ss by a cars length on the street (and vice versa). In reality, there is not a cars length between them when all things considered are equal...

most will come down to the driver. But, if the GTS can beat the E63 around the track, then i am confident enough to say it'll be a great bit of kit...
Driven a 270kw XR6T? They blow SS's away on command. And by more than a car length. Even VE HSV's are shy to run an FG turbo.
4 users like this post:
Old 06-09-2013, 10:27 PM   #143
CAMS290
trying to get a leg over
Donating Member2

Geez that R8 340kw 0-100 run is impressive, that is probably the pick of the bunch of the current HSV range imo.
Looks to have the right balance of power, traction and ratios going for it, HSV have a winner right there.
Old 06-09-2013, 10:33 PM   #144
BHDOGS
Banned

I dont see what the problem is really buy a gt spend 30 thousand make it destroy lambos on a drag strip or buy a gts and allegedly barely beat a ford down the straight line while comparing yourself to the bargain basement amgs hey people can do what they want.
Old 06-09-2013, 10:51 PM   #145
Chopped
as in chopped

But you could buy an XR6T for under $10,000. Spend $30,000 on it and do the same thing if not more.
Old 06-09-2013, 11:43 PM   #146
zilo
BANNED

Quote:

Looks spot on to me.

340kw claimed flywheel, 263kw at the wheels

that's 23% drivetrain losses.

Exactly what I would have expected, maybe even 25%.
Old 07-09-2013, 01:09 AM   #147
burnz
VFII SS UTE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chopped View Post
But you could buy an XR6T for under $10,000. Spend $30,000 on it and do the same thing if not more.
I can go to Woolworths and buy a car, put a nuke in it and destroy the planet, what's your point?
2 users like this post:
Old 07-09-2013, 01:28 AM   #148
Chopped
as in chopped

Quote:
Originally Posted by burnz View Post
I can go to Woolworths and buy a car, put a nuke in it and destroy the planet, what's your point?
My Point was what was BHDOGS point ?
Old 07-09-2013, 01:37 AM   #149
Gallagher
Starter Motor

I for one am off to buy meself a new HSV GTS! Consumer law in Aus allows me to get a refund 'if the product does not match the description'. Im gonna thrash the knockers off it and when Ive had my fun and cant get a 4.4 out of it, Im taking it back for a full refund! haha! (Just gotta make sure I don't lose the receipt in all the fancy storage consoles and compartments my extra 30K got me)
Old 07-09-2013, 01:37 AM   #150
XD ESP! XELR8
ESP5 + BOOST

Quote:
I'm not sure why so many people here are getting so worked up? not just this thread, but others too? The GTS is a fantastic car for the price. Yes, it's 30k more than a GT, but you also get a lot more standard equipment for that...

Anyone that's seen any of my other posts will know i'm not too far off buying a GT, but that doesn't mean i can't like the GTS. In fact, if i could get a GTS for 70k driveaway i probably would (i'd feel like Judas, but it would exceptional value)... However, as it stands i'd prefer the cheaper GT and maybe a GTS in 3-5 years time when prices drop.

I think the GTS will surprise many of us...

As i said, on the street there will be bugger all difference. I laugh at the lads who claim their xr6t beats an ss by a cars length on the street (and vice versa). In reality, there is not a cars length between them when all things considered are equal...

most will come down to the driver. But, if the GTS can beat the E63 around the track, then i am confident enough to say it'll be a great bit of kit...
James I have put many a stock SS and HSV away, and I will go as far to say more than one car length..

If it was the other way around I would say so..

Daily drives
BA XR6T lighting strike...Boosted
FG G6ET ego...tuned
F6
Closed Thread