Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Closed Thread

Old 04-10-2013, 10:08 PM   #211
RANGEREST
Same ****-Different Day

Default Re: Any VF performance figures out there yet?

Funny read this, The only banging on I can see here, is a few bagging the hell out of the GTS, when it's only doing what most of people expected.
From what I see as a thread on the VFs performance figures, a select few just cant have a sh-tbox Holden that's equal or god forbid a 100th of a second quicker over the quarter (cos thats all that matters when you're spending 80-100K on a car) so have to constantly have the need to bag what is obviously quite a good car.
And no I'm not a Holden fan boy, I have not owned one for 25 years, all Ford for me, but it doesn't make the VF a lemon either.
UA2 Everest Trend 2.0lt
3 users like this post:
Old 05-10-2013, 08:04 AM   #212
Rodge
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by rancidpunx View Post
The GTS is not selling as well as hoped. The first ones got delivered 2 weeks ago and there are already around 15 on carsales as well as unadvertsied stock at dealers without homes. Guys are already getting low $90k drive away deals for Manuals so mid $90k should see you into a Auto. The wait list is a fantasy as you can get a car tomorrow if your not fussy on colour. I know of 2 different guys who have to wait until the end of the year for cars at close to full retail just because they selected a colour and got caught up in the hype and pre ordered a factory build. Both are slightly annoyed at the prices already being lower but even more annoyed they have to wait for cars to be built that dont have customers waiting on them to roll down the production line first. A good mate who was supposed to have a car 2 weeks ago (he wanted their first GTS) is also still waiting with lousy service from the dealer. Ford guys wanting a GTP should be paying around $20k less and $30 less for a GT.
Thanks for that market feedback mate. I'm quite surprised by that. I'd bet my left one if I walked into the biggest HSV dealer here in Auckland this morning they'd say, no deals Rodge, sign here at $125,000 Kiwi and we'll do our best to get you one before the end of summer..oh and sorry mate your old GT-P is worth Jack ****...frankly i'd rather go to the dentist and get a bunch of root canals done than put up with their B.S.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 40RDT
Im just going by carsales, most new GTP's seem to be around the 85k mark. I think the GTS prices will come down soon enough though once the hype of a new model is gone you might be able to pick one up somewhere in the 80's
I think they'd be reasonable buying at that level.
This user likes this post:
Old 05-10-2013, 10:03 AM   #213
Tough Ford

Excuse my ignorance, does the Gts run a 1.9 or 2.3 charger? Intercooled right
If our our little 5 Litre runs a cooler it would surely match it in a straight line with ease. Ford had the right idea building the coyote as it a great engine but I can't understand why they didn't go a little bigger considering chevs 6.2 and 6.4 Hemi. I personally don't consider it a direct competitor unless of course it had a couple of TURBOS bolted on at the factory. Mmmmmm 5.0 Ecoboost.
There's an engine that would open a can of woopass on its competitors.

Cleveland goodness wrapped in a FORD shell
Old 05-10-2013, 11:41 AM   #214
stazza
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Well it can have all the turbo's and blowers in the world, but without a torque vectoring diff and 2 piece brakes it's virtually scrap metal.

And do you really think they needed to up the capacity? It creams both of those engines with a tune. Imagine what it'd be capable of if it was a similar capacity.
2011 SILHOUETTE FPV GS 315 #0275
20x10", 20x8.5" Lenso D1R's
Pedders XA Coilovers
Brembo 4/1
Pacemaker 1" 7/8 Headers
Twin 3" Stainless Manta Catback
XFT Built Motor
XFT Custom Surge Tank
XFT Stage 3 ZF
Final Drive Chromoly Tailshaft
KPM Twin Air Filter
KPM Stage 2 Intercooler
KPM Twin Throttle Body
2.6L Kenne Bell on E85
BlueStreak Circle D Converter
900+ rwhp thanks to Xtreme Ford Tuning
Old 07-10-2013, 01:04 AM   #215
1TUFFUTE
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tough Ford View Post
Excuse my ignorance, does the Gts run a 1.9 or 2.3 charger? Intercooled right
If our our little 5 Litre runs a cooler it would surely match it in a straight line with ease. Ford had the right idea building the coyote as it a great engine but I can't understand why they didn't go a little bigger considering chevs 6.2 and 6.4 Hemi. I personally don't consider it a direct competitor unless of course it had a couple of TURBOS bolted on at the factory. Mmmmmm 5.0 Ecoboost.
There's an engine that would open a can of woopass on its competitors.
Yep....why would you think they need to go bigger......ford have mastered this kit with what they have.....without a cooler and if you've been on this site more then once....you'd know its detuned a shed load. The exact reason why tuners are getting near or above 400rwkws with TUNE ONLY. And I mean tune only.....no cooler.....no internal overhauls......exhaust or cams.things of the past that people assumed needed doing when chasing big power.
Old 07-10-2013, 01:11 AM   #216
1TUFFUTE
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by velvet View Post
Funny read this, The only banging on I can see here, is a few bagging the hell out of the GTS, when it's only doing what most of people expected.
From what I see as a thread on the VFs performance figures, a select few just cant have a sh-tbox Holden that's equal or god forbid a 100th of a second quicker over the quarter (cos thats all that matters when you're spending 80-100K on a car) so have to constantly have the need to bag what is obviously quite a good car.
And no I'm not a Holden fan boy, I have not owned one for 25 years, all Ford for me, but it doesn't make the VF a lemon either.
I'd like to say i see we're your coming from....but I don't. Everyone expects bang for there buck in a PERFORMANCE car.....so if its as slow as the competitions 5year old offering in the performance stakes.......then performance wise.......why the hell would you spend 30k more
We have every right to bag this car.....because Holden has made it clear for a long time now that this is supposed to be the new Aussie muscle car king. And yet with the amount of attention it's received.....still no definitive facts to back all there wallowing on. If you don't understand what this thread is about....or what it's after then dont bother reading it anymore.
3 users like this post:
Old 07-10-2013, 02:44 AM   #217
Chopped
as in chopped

I think the thread is dead anyway. No intelligent discussion going on that's for sure.
May as well be closed.
Old 07-10-2013, 04:52 AM   #218
jimmyxr6t04
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1TUFFUTE View Post
I'd like to say i see we're your coming from....but I don't. Everyone expects bang for there buck in a PERFORMANCE car.....so if its as slow as the competitions 5year old offering in the performance stakes.......then performance wise.......why the hell would you spend 30k more
We have every right to bag this car.....because Holden has made it clear for a long time now that this is supposed to be the new Aussie muscle car king. And yet with the amount of attention it's received.....still no definitive facts to back all there wallowing on. If you don't understand what this thread is about....or what it's after then dont bother reading it anymore.
I think the GTS represents great bang for buck! Just because early testing hasn't shown that it flogs the GT, doesn't mean it's not good value?

Some of the euro's go even slower, but command a lot more price than the GTS, it's not all about straight line speed or power.

You'd spend 30k more because you have the money to spend 30k more, and you want more than what the FPV offers. Yes, the FPV offers great bang for buck per kw and per second down the 1/4. And yep, it's great value for anyone wanting some fun in a big V8. But the extra 30k isn't all about kilowatts, track times, 1/4 times. Surely you can see that?

Spending money to buy a performance car shouldn't be ALL about how fast it is, it's only one aspect. What if the GTS ends up running rings around the GT on the track? You can't claim because it's on par, or only marginally quicker in a straight line that it's not worth the extra money? Or it's null and void as a performance car, just because the FPV's 5 year old model is just as quick...

Look at people who buy a WRX, EVO, BRZ or 86, it's not all about power and straight line grunt.

I'd probably have a GTS, but i've limited myself to a budget of 70k this time around, and at nearly 40k cheaper than a GTS, the GT is right for me. Maybe my next car i'll up my budget and try the GTS.

One good thing about the GTS is this; It's already intercooled, it already has wider tyres, and it already has some pretty well strengthened components. A lot of GT owners end up intercooling, fitting wider tyres, and then breaking weaker parts. Sure, it might still work out cheaper than 100k, but you lose your warranty and have to go to the trouble or buying, fitting, sourcing after market parts. So, i can certainly see why those people with a 100k budget would look at a GTS.

Anyway, i agree with Chopped. This thred is going in circles. I can't wait for more people to get their hands on the GTS so we can see some real world comparisons.

I'm just glad that we have some great options out of HSV and FPV. The world would be a boring place if we all had a GT because it was 30k cheaper and just as quick as the HSV.
Old 07-10-2013, 06:06 AM   #219
1TUFFUTE
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmyxr6t04 View Post
I think the GTS represents great bang for buck! Just because early testing hasn't shown that it flogs the GT, doesn't mean it's not good value?

Some of the euro's go even slower, but command a lot more price than the GTS, it's not all about straight line speed or power.

You'd spend 30k more because you have the money to spend 30k more, and you want more than what the FPV offers. Yes, the FPV offers great bang for buck per kw and per second down the 1/4. And yep, it's great value for anyone wanting some fun in a big V8. But the extra 30k isn't all about kilowatts, track times, 1/4 times. Surely you can see that?

Spending money to buy a performance car shouldn't be ALL about how fast it is, it's only one aspect. What if the GTS ends up running rings around the GT on the track? You can't claim because it's on par, or only marginally quicker in a straight line that it's not worth the extra money? Or it's null and void as a performance car, just because the FPV's 5 year old model is just as quick...

Look at people who buy a WRX, EVO, BRZ or 86, it's not all about power and straight line grunt.

I'd probably have a GTS, but i've limited myself to a budget of 70k this time around, and at nearly 40k cheaper than a GTS, the GT is right for me. Maybe my next car i'll up my budget and try the GTS.

One good thing about the GTS is this; It's already intercooled, it already has wider tyres, and it already has some pretty well strengthened components. A lot of GT owners end up intercooling, fitting wider tyres, and then breaking weaker parts. Sure, it might still work out cheaper than 100k, but you lose your warranty and have to go to the trouble or buying, fitting, sourcing after market parts. So, i can certainly see why those people with a 100k budget would look at a GTS.

Anyway, i agree with Chopped. This thred is going in circles. I can't wait for more people to get their hands on the GTS so we can see some real world comparisons.

I'm just glad that we have some great options out of HSV and FPV. The world would be a boring place if we all had a GT because it was 30k cheaper and just as quick as the HSV.
Your wasting your breathe......look at what I said.....we want TIMES and numbers that back up holdens claims.....it's pretty simple. Everyone knows that historically holdens claimed performance is almost never achieved by owners down the track......so with all the hype they themselves have put in....I Just want to see the figures.....because its a performance car. Everyone knows tech wise its better then the local fords because its now a gen ahead. And cost alot more......BUT......performance wise
Old 07-10-2013, 09:15 AM   #220
40RDT
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1TUFFUTE View Post
Your wasting your breathe......look at what I said.....we want TIMES and numbers that back up holdens claims.....it's pretty simple. Everyone knows that historically holdens claimed performance is almost never achieved by owners down the track......so with all the hype they themselves have put in....I Just want to see the figures.....because its a performance car. Everyone knows tech wise its better then the local fords because its now a gen ahead. And cost alot more......BUT......performance wise
If your looking for times go to post #186 there is a vid of the GTS running 12.20 at 117mph
Old 07-10-2013, 10:03 AM   #221
austyphoon

Quote:
Originally Posted by 40RDT View Post
If your looking for times go to post #186 there is a vid of the GTS running 12.20 at 117mph
Impressive.

What the hell were people expecting? An 11sec run? Even then I don't think people here would be impressed.

This is only the second dragstrip run. Looks like it was done by a magazine as the CLA45 is not even on our roads yet (first customer orders delivered middle of this month) and if so, will be the fastest Australian car tested BY a magazine.

No doubt it'll go faster in customers hands.
Old 07-10-2013, 10:37 AM   #222
40RDT
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by austyphoon View Post
Impressive.

What the hell were people expecting? An 11sec run? Even then I don't think people here would be impressed.

This is only the second dragstrip run. Looks like it was done by a magazine as the CLA45 is not even on our roads yet (first customer orders delivered middle of this month) and if so, will be the fastest Australian car tested BY a magazine.

No doubt it'll go faster in customers hands.
Yeah pretty good times so far, im keen to see what the GTS can do around a track now with all the extra performance hardware it has over the regular HSV's
2 users like this post:
Old 07-10-2013, 11:46 AM   #223
XD ESP! XELR8
ESP5 + BOOST

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasen View Post

GTS is a beast...

Blue blood hear boy's, but the Holden & hsv boys must be real happy even with the SS times..

Daily drives
BA XR6T lighting strike...Boosted
FG G6ET ego...tuned
F6
Old 07-10-2013, 02:13 PM   #224
stazza
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by velvet View Post
You obviously haven't looked on ls1.com.au

One guy couldn't open the passenger side door after using it maybe 10 times. Handle just stopped working.

heads up display freezes. Sat nav freezes. Touch screen freezes, parts of wiring harness for audio missing. Not painted properly. Speakers not working. Heated mirrors and seats not working. And just about every VF owner has had climate control issues - 25 degrees is freezing cold and 26 degrees is blistering hot.

a few VF owners have admitted the VF is starting to look like a lemon already.
Pedders XA Coilovers
Brembo 4/1
Pacemaker 1" 7/8 Headers
XFT Built Motor
XFT Custom Surge Tank
XFT Stage 3 ZF
KPM Twin Air Filter
KPM Stage 2 Intercooler
KPM Twin Throttle Body
2.6L Kenne Bell on E85
Old 07-10-2013, 02:55 PM   #225
Rodge
Banned

I had a look on there the other day. Yes there's a thread that's pretty long regarding initial owners issues but there's also reports coming in of some very happy GTS owners.

The issue with having myopic vision my friend, is you only end up seeing what you want to see. Most new release vehicles have some teething issues, its a problem for most early adopters. That said in my experience Holden have more quality control and build issues than Ford.
Old 07-10-2013, 04:08 PM   #226
Motorbreath310

All the VF threads are a bit lather, rinse, repeat now. All of us know the real fun won't start until Ford release their (hopefully significant 'enough') update.

Until then; How good is that little CLA!?!

http://www.caradvice.com.au/244671/h...ercharged/?LS1

^^ credit where it's due

Last edited by Motorbreath310; 07-10-2013 at 04:18 PM.
Old 07-10-2013, 04:12 PM   #227
flooded one
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

wonder what magazine it will be in???
Old 07-10-2013, 04:18 PM   #228
flooded one
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Motorbreath310 View Post
All the VF threads are a bit lather, rinse, repeat now. All of us know the real fun won't start until Ford release their (hopefully significant 'enough') update.

Until then; How good is that little CLA!?!
I was more impressed by it myself
Old 07-10-2013, 04:21 PM   #229
Motorbreath310

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildrider View Post
I was more impressed by it myself
Haha! Same here. I'm not even in a position to buy one, but it still made me giddy as a schoolgirl.

The A45 hatch might become the 'WRX' of the well-heeled hoon. I reckon these things will outsell the C63 by quite a margin. AMG seem to be doing everything right as of late.
2 users like this post:
Old 08-10-2013, 05:00 PM   #230
Wretched
Render unto Caesar

Looks like it was drive.com.au that pitted the HSV and the AMG against each other.

http://theage.drive.com.au/new-car-c...008-2v5q7.html
Old 08-10-2013, 05:18 PM   #231
blk6t

Can't be selling too bad, just saw three new HSV's on the M7 in Sydney this afternoon. My old man enquired and was informed long waiting list, apparently due to engines coming over in a trickle from the US or something...either way the GTS is a great piece of Aussie engineering and I really couldn't care if it's faster or slower than a GT. I can probably safely say it would have my car on a track day and so it should.

Regarding the quality of the VF, all new models are going to have teething issues especially when more and more tech gets thrown into the vehicle. I was always told by my old man to always buy a series two (Mk2 when it relates to Falcons) of a model.
Old 08-10-2013, 05:29 PM   #232
Sorted
OzEcruisers PRESIDENT

Community Builder: In recognition of those who have helped build the AFF community. - Issue reason: For all the contributions you make to the AFF community. 

That's 3 or 4 times Drive has done separate tests of the HSV GTS 430kw lol

Tuned by DYNOMOTIVE

200BUX - AFF Drag Nats 2019 EF Wagon
Quote:
Originally Posted by rednose View Post
Common knowledge that the more weight you take out of the car the less power you need to run the time.
3 users like this post:
Old 08-10-2013, 06:12 PM   #233
Rodge
Banned

I saw a VF SSV today and had a good look over it. Hated the black wheels on the white coloured vehicle...I absolutly DO NOT get why this has become in the "In thing" at present.

Seats looked very comfortable and supportive with really decent seat bolsters compared to the rubbish you get on normal falcon seats.

Don't like the back end. Apparently they're getting about 5.5 seconds to 100 k.p.h. which is probably 2-3 tenths off the pace of an XR6T.

Brakes looked smallish but probably work better than a normal Xr6T brakes, boot looked small, that's about the extent of my "profoundly" revealing observations
Old 08-10-2013, 09:05 PM   #234
jasen
Starter Motor

GTS did a
0-100 in 4.3
Old 08-10-2013, 09:18 PM   #235
austyphoon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodge View Post
Don't like the back end. Apparently they're getting about 5.5 seconds to 100 k.p.h. which is probably 2-3 tenths off the pace of an XR6T.l
5.1secs here.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=imN5UFLwJuU
Old 08-10-2013, 10:04 PM   #236
BHDOGS
Banned

dam that sounds terrible
Old 08-10-2013, 10:37 PM   #237
stazza
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by austyphoon View Post
WTF is with the needle jumping during the 0-100 time? Jumps on launch about 30km/h, then another 20km/h on second gear change. Can't tell me changing gears gives a sudden power boost.
Pedders XA Coilovers
Brembo 4/1
Pacemaker 1" 7/8 Headers
XFT Built Motor
XFT Custom Surge Tank
XFT Stage 3 ZF
KPM Twin Air Filter
KPM Stage 2 Intercooler
KPM Twin Throttle Body
2.6L Kenne Bell on E85
Old 08-10-2013, 10:51 PM   #238
flooded one
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-hsJe2lNQGA

I found this here. pretty much stock except R-spec Tyres and octane booster. I've never used octane booster. is it any good?? surely octane booster couldn't help achieve this time?? being stock I just put this time down too wider tyres?? I could be wrong all I know is it ******* flys in this video

Last edited by flooded one; 08-10-2013 at 10:52 PM. Reason: who cares
Old 08-10-2013, 11:04 PM   #239
40RDT
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I doubt octane booster would add too much, i've run lucas oil and nulon octane booster and they made a little difference. Its probably more to do with the bridgestone rs1 tyres, whatever they are
Old 08-10-2013, 11:05 PM   #240
40RDT
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasen View Post
GTS did a
0-100 in 4.3
Another magazine?
Closed Thread