Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Fiesta, Festiva and Ka

Old 11-09-2005, 03:56 PM   #1
0xyg3n

Default Why ow why

Why Mr Ford can't we have the ST here in australia.

http://f2.rallysportnews.com.au/cms/...1/article.html

A one make racing series here would be excellent I recon. Similar to the mirage, mg, lotus series we have had/still have here.

0xyg3n is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-09-2005, 05:51 PM   #2
Cypher
Fiesta Zetec

Probably cause no one would be interested in buying a small car for $29,000 and that isnt a euro likr Pug or Renault
Old 11-09-2005, 06:26 PM   #3
Teki04
Clio 182 CUP!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cypher
Probably cause no one would be interested in buying a small car for $29,000 and that isnt a euro likr Pug or Renault

I think it could work if they market it as a Hero car..... i was just reading that the Suzuki Swift GTI made only 5% of sales, but it was a hero car and when ppl think Swift, they associate it with the GTI... so that is the reason why Suzuki wants to bring back the GTI.....

So, i think Ford should really consider it!

'In fact, so good is the Clio 182 with the Cup chassis set-up that I feel moved to make a bold statement - I think it's the best hot hatch ever built.' (EVO Jan 04)
Teki04 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-09-2005, 07:22 PM   #4
GROOV3
Rollin

over here you would be paying over 30k for it when its just a cheep car with a better engine. and slightly better interior

it doesnt put out the power needed to compete in our market.

you ask some one looking for a great hot hatch they think of a renalt clio 130kws

i would think they would loose money bringing it here as just a st.

more money in fpv releasing it as a "specialty" vehical and have it to special order so they dont have any stock over here and people who want them would just have to wait the month or so to get one here. have like 3 or 4 in dealers as test cars and thats it
GROOV3 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-09-2005, 08:02 PM   #5
Teki04
Clio 182 CUP!

I think that talks were that the ST would be about $28K.... pretty good value if you ask me. As for saying we have a cheap car..... um, have you been inside a base model Clio or 206? Not exactly better quality then our car!

My next car im dying to get a RS Clio.... I read up on their aussie forums for renault sport clios... they have a few quality and reliability issues. If the ST was built in Germany with the quality in our cars, im sure that Ford wouldnt have problems selling it. Just so long as they dont overprice it like they did with the ST170....

Considering the ST would fall inbetween a SRi and 206 GTI 170.... the normal 2.0L 206 GTI is currently on the market for $29,990 and the SRI is $22,490.... so i would consider the ST to be around the $25-30K..... not bad for what it is. And, if it has the leather seats like the UK model, its already better then the 206 GTI interior......

'In fact, so good is the Clio 182 with the Cup chassis set-up that I feel moved to make a bold statement - I think it's the best hot hatch ever built.' (EVO Jan 04)
Old 11-09-2005, 09:13 PM   #6
xurbanx
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

if its between the 25-35k price bracket i wouldnt mind getting an ST .. if it did come out, id choose that over the s15 (:
xurbanx is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-09-2005, 09:34 PM   #7
Cypher
Fiesta Zetec

For Ford, a small car will never be a hero car, just like the top models have to run V8s. Its a fact of the market landscape.

As said, the best way would be to import it as ordered. But the other problem is that if so few are sold, Ford still needs to run the supply chain for parts, etc. So it may not be economically viable.
Old 11-09-2005, 10:21 PM   #8
Teki04
Clio 182 CUP!

Well i think the Barina SRi has worked.... whenever i hear someone has a Barina i immediately ask "SRI YEA?!"

Ok, if they market it AS a hero car, im sure it could work. Suzuki managed with the GTI.... Pug managed with a GTI, and Renault have done so with minimal advertising, and more so just producing a great product with rave reviews.

I think that Ford could do well with an ST.... im sure if the ST was out i would have considered it... Thats the only thing im not to fond of with the Zetec, its more a cosmetic pack, and does not have the extra go.

Old 11-09-2005, 10:46 PM   #9
MISTA FIESTA
Da Shifty One

OMG i have now heard two different stories. One saying Yes the St will be concidered in 2006 and now this?? what to believe??

Check this out also:

Source: http://www.autoexpress.co.uk/news/5...of_the_xr2.html

Quote:
In a world exclusive scoop, Auto Express can reveal the return of a legend to the blue oval's performance car stable - and unmask the new Ford Fiesta in the process!

The pictures in this week's mag show how the most extreme Fiesta to make production is expected to look, focusing on the details which will aim to keep the Fiesta at the top of the supermini class.

The new hot hatch hits UK roads in 2008. Based on the revised Fiesta - which will be unveiled at the Frankfurt Motor Show in September - the biggest visual changes will be made to the front of the car. Penned by Ford design boss Martin Smith, the new XR2 will mix the lines of the SAV people carrier concept with Focus ST styling cues. Following the successful introduction of the Fiesta ST, sources close to Ford indicate that it will be an even more powerful flagship.

And it needs to be - by the time this car appears, hot versions of Fiat's new Punto, the Peugeot 207 and Vauxhall's Corsa will all be available, providing stiff competition for the newcomer.

With distinctive triangular headlights and bumper-mounted foglamps, joined by oval air intakes and a mesh grille, the new XR2 carries on the Ford tradition of bold hot hatches. Extended wheelarches, vertical side air vents and sporty sills match the drama of the multispoke alloys. At the rear, revised tail-lights, a new bumper and roof spoiler complete the look, while ST-style twin bodystripes will be optional.

Under the bonnet is a modified version of the Fiesta ST's 2.0-litre engine. Power should be in excess of 180bhp - about the same as the Corsa VXR - making the newcomer the fastest production Fiesta ever, with 0-60mph in less than seven seconds and a top speed in excess of 135mph. Larger brakes will provide supreme stopping power, but the engineers are expected to really pull out the stops when it comes to handling. The firm will improve on the excellent Fiesta ST with sharper steering, more grip and updated stability and traction control systems.

With the XR2 sitting at the top of the Fiesta range and likely to cost around £14,500, Ford will also launch two 'warm' hatch models which will offer more affordable fun. Similar to the current Zetec-badged cars, the new range could use two engines from the Focus line-up: the 113bhp 1.6-litre Ti-VCT unit and a 136bhp 2.0-litre TDCi diesel.

The new performance range is set to debut at the Geneva Motor Show in 2008, with sales starting later that year. Meanwhile, the facelifted Fiesta goes on sale this November. It features a more youthful look, with bold headlights, a new mesh grille and a high-quality cabin similar to the Focus's, while prices are expected to start at around £8,750.
Old 15-09-2005, 11:26 PM   #10
FlaminFiesta

i would get a Fiesta ST if it came so small fun to drive and great fun !
FlaminFiesta is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-09-2005, 11:31 PM   #11
Pieoter
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

If they bring out a 138HP 2L diesel I would be charging in to get one. It will create something like 300NM of torque and being only 12HP down on the ST it will be quicker than the ST in some situations.
Pieoter is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post