Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Fiesta, Festiva and Ka

Old 30-09-2005, 02:29 PM   #1
Teki04
Clio 182 CUP!

Default PICS: Pedders: lowered 1.5inch

Hey guys.... Finally, after all my talking about doing it... i FINALLY did. Reason i didnt do it earlier was because i had a knocking sound, which is covered by warranty, so i wanted to get that sorted. After Ford not finding the problem and deeming it "normal" i got the car lowered. NOW, the knocking is gone.... must have been something to do with the coils or maybe the suspension wasnt tightened.

Behold, my fiesta:

Sorry for the crappy pics.... but thats all i could do on my lunch break... better pics this afternoon!

'In fact, so good is the Clio 182 with the Cup chassis set-up that I feel moved to make a bold statement - I think it's the best hot hatch ever built.' (EVO Jan 04)
Teki04 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-09-2005, 04:00 PM   #2
whippet_zetec
Supes

Teki,

Looking good and bet it handles a whole lot differently now too ;) .... cant wait to see it on the next cruise.
Old 30-09-2005, 04:21 PM   #3
Danny
GT4.

Bastard Teki. Mines still at the shop as we speak getting lowered with the same springs... I didn't realise that you had the same Euro Plates as me....

Anyways, you've spoiled it for me now cuz i know what mines gonna look like when I pick it up later on......
Danny is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-09-2005, 04:22 PM   #4
mitch_lx
Candy White GTI

Looks good, know uve been wanting to do this for ages, mines not far away either.

In my honest opinion i think the front still needs another 1cm or something, or is it just an odd angle the car is parked on??? cuz the back looks lower than the front.

how is the ride quality now on our average aussie roads? i find as the car is now its very rough.
Candy White, Anthracite heated Sports leather seats w/ Red stitching.Tinted Windows, Eibach Pro-Kit springs,Whiteline Front/Rear adjustable sway bars,Cupra R intake, Forge Turbo Inlet pipe,BMC panel filter, APR stage one flash,
Dunlop SP sport MAXX, Forge Polished upper front strut brace. 3'' downpipe and highflow cat

Loads of fun :
mitch_lx is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-09-2005, 04:50 PM   #5
Teki04
Clio 182 CUP!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mitch_lx
Looks good, know uve been wanting to do this for ages, mines not far away either.

In my honest opinion i think the front still needs another 1cm or something, or is it just an odd angle the car is parked on??? cuz the back looks lower than the front.

how is the ride quality now on our average aussie roads? i find as the car is now its very rough.
Hey... yea the front is a little higher then the back. BUT there is a reason for this. Pedders informed me that to do a PROPER lowering, you have to lower it with the base of the car, NOT the gap in the arch. Lowering the car so that the front and rear baseline means the weight is evenly distributed, and hence it balances the car. If you lower the front MORE then the back, and the baseline isnt the same height from the ground, when you do heavy braking you distribute alot of weight to the front of the car.

So, thats why its a little higher at the front, as it is stock as well (higher at the front i mean)

Ride quality isnt too much harsher... maybe with people in the car. I drive with my tyres inflated a little more then recommended, so its a little harsh on bumps. But DAMN does it corner! The rear is WAY more balanced and its much easier to power out of corners! It also looks good.

But yea, the handling benefits you get are much better then the harsher ride it has now

'In fact, so good is the Clio 182 with the Cup chassis set-up that I feel moved to make a bold statement - I think it's the best hot hatch ever built.' (EVO Jan 04)
Old 30-09-2005, 06:37 PM   #6
azza1
black zetec

give it a week and it will come down a bit more as it settles. Pedders like to tell you that it won't, but it will, mine has come down a fair bit since getting it done earlier this week. Looking good Teki. Wish i had a digital camera...
azza1 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-09-2005, 08:28 PM   #7
Teki04
Clio 182 CUP!

Ok, im told you cant really tell from the pics that its lowered, so BEFORE:

and AFTER:

Old 01-10-2005, 11:50 AM   #8
FlaminFiesta

hey mate you know what would set that off a pair of 17" wheels

looks nice though heeh oh yeah and a body kit
FlaminFiesta is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-10-2005, 04:13 PM   #9
Teki04
Clio 182 CUP!

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlaminFiesta
hey mate you know what would set that off a pair of 17" wheels

looks nice though heeh oh yeah and a body kit
Haha, yea true, but going bigger doesnt necessarily mean better handling. Smaller rims are sometimes better.... plus less weight > Less suspended weight.

Yea, body kit would look great, but i do alot of driving in balmain, and i dont have much clearance in my own driveway left, so the bodykit wouldnt work well....

Oh, did i mention the price too?!?! Bloody expensive for what it is! But true, does look great. Id rather save now... get a better car instead.... :eclipsee_

Old 01-10-2005, 08:47 PM   #10
FlaminFiesta

LOL hey tek nice meeting you

GUYS u would not believe my car stock with the body kit is lower than Teki's !!!

YEP !! i was like WTF !!

that is a cack !!

Tekis car looks sweet now
Old 01-10-2005, 08:51 PM   #11
Teki04
Clio 182 CUP!

Quote:

GUYS u would not believe my car stock with the body kit is lower than Teki's !!!

YEP !! i was like WTF !!

that is a cack !!

I thought that stick measured to your height didnt fit under mine? :

But yea, the kit makes the car so much lowered... thankfully i dont have it or else no garage for my car! haha. I just wanted to close the gap between the arch and wheel

Old 02-10-2005, 02:48 AM   #12
xurbanx
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

lol dads built this minispeed bump on the entrance of the garage to stop water seeping in and if i dont enter slowly it'll scrape the front mudguards >_<;; lol if i get it lowered itll be harder for it not to scrape =x might just remove them or something
xurbanx is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-10-2005, 07:12 AM   #13
azza1
black zetec

Quote:

YEP !! i was like WTF !!

that is a cack !!

how much did you pay for the kit FF. I was looking at one the other day on a door and i reckon it's just what i need to set mine off..
Old 02-10-2005, 07:13 AM   #14
azza1
black zetec

4 door that is. Wouldn't look so flash on a door...lol.
Old 02-10-2005, 02:37 PM   #15
Teki04
Clio 182 CUP!

OH, azza1 is yours a 5 door? So, is it the LX?

Old 02-10-2005, 06:45 PM   #16
Danny
GT4.

Quote:

This is a common Misconception about bodykitted cars. A bodykit extends the front and rear aprons, along with the side skirts by a small amount.

This gives the car a Visual lowering, and makes it look lower to most people.
It would be true that the kit has made the base of the bumpers lower to the ground as it has extended it however the bodykit will not lower the stock ride height. If your car still has the stock springs FF then it (The wheel arches) will be the same height off the wheels as any stock Fiesta.
Danny is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-10-2005, 08:23 PM   #17
azza1
black zetec

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teki04
OH, azza1 is yours a 5 door? So, is it the LX?
no.3 door Zetec. Lowered 35mm, 2" sports exhaust, Bmc air filter. Starting to sound the part, but i was looking at the 4 door the other day and the kit looked flash. What's yours?
Old 02-10-2005, 08:26 PM   #18
azza1
black zetec

Quote:
Originally Posted by azza1
no.3 door Zetec. Lowered 35mm, 2" sports exhaust, Bmc air filter. Starting to sound the part, but i was looking at the 4 door the other day and the kit looked flash. What's yours?
Sorry mate. you already know all that, i thought i was talking to s/body else. LOL..
Old 02-10-2005, 08:49 PM   #19
Teki04
Clio 182 CUP!

lol... you confused me by saying that it was for a 4 door... thought that you had a four door and confused me. But yea, mine is a zetec... its only in 4 pics on this page lol

Old 03-10-2005, 11:23 AM   #20
FlaminFiesta

HJey Danny lol i know abotu the arches mate hah i just said like the side was lower but yeh it dont go beter around corners than Teki's lol

i got my body kit with the car for $2k (ouch!) painted and fitted

but it looks sweet but watch out for stone chip!! :( looks like a game of mini twister in places lol
Old 03-10-2005, 11:56 AM   #21
xurbanx
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

2k beats the 3k+ for everything @ carshine ^^
Old 03-10-2005, 04:14 PM   #22
Teki04
Clio 182 CUP!

Quote:
Originally Posted by xurbanx
2k beats the 3k+ for everything @ carshine ^^

Pretty sure they have a really nice kit for $1995... then plus paint and fitting.... wouldnt be too much. But at least its Unique.....

Old 03-10-2005, 07:26 PM   #23
azza1
black zetec

I just want the kit.. i can paint it and fit it, had a lot of experience after working in a panel shop for just over six years.
Old 03-10-2005, 08:15 PM   #24
xurbanx
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teki04
Pretty sure they have a really nice kit for $1995... then plus paint and fitting.... wouldnt be too much. But at least its Unique.....

everything meant painting + fitting
emailed them abt that same kit, 1995 for kit + they quoted 1500 for fitting and painting

in azza's case thats saving 1500 ^_^ if only i knew someone who could spraypaint lol
Old 03-10-2005, 08:30 PM   #25
Teki04
Clio 182 CUP!

I reckon i could justify the price for being unique... hell i did with my wing... cost me $678, which was $178 more then the Ford Accessory one

Old 04-10-2005, 08:15 AM   #26
azza1
black zetec

Quote:
Originally Posted by xurbanx
everything meant painting + fitting
emailed them abt that same kit, 1995 for kit + they quoted 1500 for fitting and painting

in azza's case thats saving 1500 ^_^ if only i knew someone who could spraypaint lol
i can paint it. If i buy one we can do them at the same time. Say $100- $200 bucks for the oven hire, about $150 for paint & product $40 bucks for a slab of coopers pale to keep me busy. Not sounding so expensive now.