Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Mondeo

Old 17-05-2022, 02:37 PM   #1
Big grey

Default Headlights upgrade

The lights on my base level Mondeo wagon are woeful. What's the best upgrade?
Big grey is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-05-2022, 09:28 PM   #2
Footrot
2018 MD Mondeo Wagon TDCI

Default Re: Headlights upgrade

Hi Big_grey
Headlights have been on my agenda also, however have only been with the Mondeo for a short time.
I won’t be able to give technical information like some of the far more knowledgeable members like T-Pak Addict with some very helpful info in a recent thread https://fordforums.com.au/showthread.php?t=11494217

I suspect upgrade might mean different things to different people.

For me I will start with new bulbs, and walk the tightrope between a brighter output and longevity.
Secondly, I am keen on trying a small light bar from Ultra vision with a rego plate bracket. The 13 inch bar has a good spread and produces 1 lux at 550 metres that I imagine would be more than adequate as an alternative to high beam, but happy to be corrected.
It also has the advantage of a hi/Lo option and options for colour temperature of 4000-4500k or 5700k. There is also a fog light replacement that is similarly powerful from Ultra vision that is interesting.

Finally the led upgrade mentioned by T-Pak would be a goer.
I will be interested to hear how he goes if he proceeds.

Well probably not the answer you were after but would be interested in what you find out, and how you fare if you find an upgrade you implement.
Regards
Footrot
Old 17-05-2022, 09:46 PM   #3
Big grey

Thanks Footrot.

Some brighter bulbs should be enough to improve what are weak lights.

Want plug and play, that is, no need to beef up the relay (I'm less technically capable than that comment might indicate).

Want plug and play, but somebody told me that it is no easy matter to replace the globes - the who bumper assembly must come off? Brains trusts, is that true?
Old 17-05-2022, 11:26 PM   #4
Footrot
2018 MD Mondeo Wagon TDCI

Not the brains trust but here is a thread about it that I came across while researching or should I say searching all things mondeo that addresses your question.
A little while since I read it so hope it is what you need.

https://fordforums.com.au/showthread...adlight+mondeo

Regards
Footrot
Old 18-05-2022, 12:22 AM   #5
Big grey

Thanks Footrot.
I'll source the globes - starting with that UK source - then have a go.