Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 26-12-2021, 11:56 PM   #541
JasonACT
Away on leave

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Outstanding work on the FG ICC issues. Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: The insane amount of work he has put into the Falcon FG ICC is unbelievable. He has shared everything he has done and made a great deal of it available to us all. He has definitely helped a great deal of us with no personal gains to himself. 
Default Re: FORD technical service bulletin : ICC touch screen display

Thanks for the offer Jakka351, the MK1 was before Ford got hacked publicly (it's quite the story - and I'm sure you've read about it - it was about 12 years ago). Since the Cluster was the "bridge" (HS to MS CAN-BUS) in these cars, everything had to change at that point. From a chip perspective, the FG has a bit less RAM and half the Flash memory (but, in saying that, everything is mapped in the same locatation(s) so is quite similar) however, I'm not sure about much to do with FG1s and how firmwares can be updated. I think it's very bespoke and doesn't follow any standard.

The latest firmware I can download from Ford for the FG2 ICC is a ".phf" file... It is the one thing stopping me from "upgrading" my 3 unused (uninstalled) units. The unit with the latest firmware is the one I've got in my car now (so not my original). That is ready to run the FPV gauges, and I've enabled them (and told how to in this thread) but I think the firmware difference in the GTF Cluster is the thing stopping it from "just" working. I.E. all the signals are readily available (and I've decoded them all now - except the G-Force one) but I've had to "hack" together a new program to make them work.

To answer your question though, no, this exe program is not for the FG(1).
JasonACT is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 28-12-2021, 10:20 PM   #542
JasonACT
Away on leave

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Outstanding work on the FG ICC issues. Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: The insane amount of work he has put into the Falcon FG ICC is unbelievable. He has shared everything he has done and made a great deal of it available to us all. He has definitely helped a great deal of us with no personal gains to himself. 

Because I can... New splash screen:-

To be honest, I bricked this unit doing this, Forscan got me out of hot water though (once I realised the mistake I had made).

I'm still waiting for "ordinary guy" to get back to me, and I put a lot of effort into all this, so I'll be keeping my latest efforts to myself for now. Sorry.
4 users like this post:
Old 29-12-2021, 12:14 AM   #543
mad2
Regular...with metamusal
Donating Member2

Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonACT View Post

To be honest, I bricked this unit doing this, Forscan got me out of hot water though (once I realised the mistake I had made).

I'm still waiting for "ordinary guy" to get back to me, and I put a lot of effort into all this, so I'll be keeping my latest efforts to myself for now. Sorry.

mad2 is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-12-2021, 01:20 AM   #544
JasonACT
Away on leave

Who wouldn't want Alfred E. Neuman greeting them first thing in the morning on the drive into work?!
Old 29-12-2021, 10:09 AM   #545
jakka351

Quote:

CAR WARS: A New Saga Begins.....

Yes very smart to keep this one close to your chest, as now there will be alot of people chasing you for it
jakka351 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-12-2021, 07:49 PM   #546
JasonACT
Away on leave

Took a bit of work on the ICC image to make it fit
2 users like this post:
Old 29-12-2021, 08:31 PM   #547
JasonACT
Away on leave

I've coded this thing to be mostly automated (you have to change the gamma on your image, if I allowed my own gamma offset it would be hard to "re-find" the image later on)... But since it's resizing a much larger picture down to 120x46, it can be hard to get all the pixels the way you want... Success though:

3 users like this post:
Old 29-12-2021, 08:55 PM   #548
QIKESP

This thread just keeps on getting better
QIKESP is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-12-2021, 11:07 AM   #549
ABS351

Looks like this "Ordinary guy" helped to work out what is needed.The profiteering are in hot hot water and want to spill the beans now in exchange of immunity...lol..
Wall street story.....
ABS351 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-12-2021, 12:12 PM   #550
jakka351

Angry Re: FORD technical service bulletin : ICC touch screen display

I personally have had enough of whitefold engineering services profiteering also.

I mean the amount of free goods and services they provide is just appalling. I am fed up and tired of recieving free **** and not paying for it. This has got to stop.

I also demand the theft of user name numbers stop. abs351, you are now known as abs352.
Old 31-12-2021, 12:57 PM   #551
jakka351

Exclamation Re: FORD technical service bulletin : ICC touch screen display

Also, you are all under arrest. pew. pewpew.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Imagepipe_1.jpg (91.7 KB, 34 views)
Old 31-12-2021, 03:31 PM   #552
JasonACT
Away on leave

Don't give me ideas Jakka!

4 users like this post:
Old 31-12-2021, 04:15 PM   #553
jakka351

do this one
Old 31-12-2021, 05:30 PM   #554
JasonACT
Away on leave

Yeah, a lot of work to clean these things up... But just quickly:

5 users like this post:
Old 31-12-2021, 05:38 PM   #555
jakka351

Now set a boot splash as the bootsplash
Old 31-12-2021, 05:40 PM   #556
JasonACT
Away on leave

Wrong aspect ratio, it would come out tiny if I tried to fix it. Clearly moving to black and white (not even grey scale) is challenging too.
Old 31-12-2021, 05:48 PM   #557
jakka351

Obligatory. The rest will be for shenanigans.
Old 31-12-2021, 06:01 PM   #558
JasonACT
Away on leave

Yeah, loses a bit of detail...

3 users like this post:
Old 31-12-2021, 07:55 PM   #559
ABS351

Lol..@ Jakka...I've been a member since 2005... and Cleveland power runs through my veins..lol..well until the Barra Turbo came along...lol..
Love your direct comments....

@ Jason, I'm sure this profiteering member, would like to utilize my idea in exchange for immunity now for modded IPC's venture after all these year's..
Funny how all this came about...sore losers at their best..keep up your good work with splash screens, reminds me of the VZ commodore days modding splash screens..IPC's....nice one..
Old 31-12-2021, 09:21 PM   #560
rollex
PCMTEC

Ford sold about 10k fg2/fgx at the peak, 30k fg1 and bf at its peak. If this only works for fg2/fgx the total market is tiny, how many people actually want this?

Ford sell 900k f150s a year with the digital dash, even more if you include focus, Mondeo, mustangs.

Huge market there with full qnx Unix support if anyone is keen.
rollex is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-12-2021, 10:31 PM   #561
JasonACT
Away on leave

Agreed.

I have uploaded my final version of this software to github (well, I will do bug fixes, but I'm doing no more enhancements) with a stern disclaimer to not use the software unless it's on a spare Cluster you are thinking of using, since it's so dangerous.

Can we please not discuss anything further to do with this here (I.E. in this thread, feel free to create your own, unless it's a bug, where I'll do my best to fix it).

FYI - I am no longer "searching" for the special GTF Cluster firmware file. I'm quite happy with how I got the GTF ICC Gauges working (as described here) and will never use this firmware.
Old 31-12-2021, 11:51 PM   #562
JasonACT
Away on leave

Totally forgot to mention - I jammed every option I wrote about here into this software before I decided to "finish" - including the ability to clone your Cluster into a spare without any help from Ford...

Yeah, got the EEPROM.
6 users like this post:
Old 01-01-2022, 11:33 PM   #563
JasonACT
Away on leave

Because I can (did I say that already?)

What is highlighted in FLASH block 0x45000, offset 8E0, is the instruction that loads a constant value 0x0003FC01 which is the speaker volume constant... The larger it is, the lower the volume is (it's a divisor).

I've modified my personal version of the software to be able to load any EXE block, allow edits and write back the changes - here I've made the constant 0x000AFC01 which is almost 3 times larger, and those disturbing chimes are now one third the volume.

This was in firmware AR79-14C026-AH (the latest) and the offsets will be different for older firmwares, and I'm not really going to be able to make this automated for any other firmware because of that. But enterprising persons may be able to create their own vbf file (with recalculated checksums) to have their own firmware version that doesn't scare the bejesus out of people in the car when a chime goes off.

That very well might have been the last item on my todo list.
4 users like this post:
Old 04-01-2022, 04:03 PM   #564
JasonACT
Away on leave

I've uploaded a new version of the FG2 IPC Comms program to...

https://github.com/Jasoroony/Ford-Fa...n/extracted_fw

It now has experimental support to read and write the FG(I) Cluster EEPROM. It allows most of the overrides I did for the FG2/X, but don't expect your non-FPV Cluster to display the FPV splash screen, I just don't think it's in there to do so. Unfortunately MK(I) Clusters with April 2010 (or later) firmwares are not supported.

Since I don't own an FG(I) I can't say if copying the EEPROM from your original Cluster to your spare Cluster is enough to "clone" it. Maybe someone can try? Please don't use this software to write data to your original Cluster.

Last edited by JasonACT; 04-01-2022 at 04:08 PM. Reason: spelling
2 users like this post:
Old 05-01-2022, 12:15 AM   #565
jakka351

Quote:
I've uploaded a new version of the FG2 IPC Comms program to...

https://github.com/Jasoroony/Ford-Fa...n/extracted_fw

It now has experimental support to read and write the FG(I) Cluster EEPROM. It allows most of the overrides I did for the FG2/X, but don't expect your non-FPV Cluster to display the FPV splash screen, I just don't think it's in there to do so. Unfortunately MK(I) Clusters with April 2010 (or later) firmwares are not supported.

Since I don't own an FG(I) I can't say if copying the EEPROM from your original Cluster to your spare Cluster is enough to "clone" it. Maybe someone can try? Please don't use this software to write data to your original Cluster.
As you can see, I used this software on the test bench and it does not work. Not at all.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg snap_41_0.jpg (64.8 KB, 61 views)
4 users like this post:
Old 05-01-2022, 08:45 AM   #566
JasonACT
Away on leave

I like your test bench Jakka, where can I get one?

FYI - I've improved (and updated on github this morning) the handling of the ELM327 CAN message timeout logic and significantly increased the timeout value (to 900ms) in case the CANBUS is particularly busy.
Old 05-01-2022, 11:35 AM   #567
JasonACT
Away on leave

FYI - Solved the FG(I) firmware(s) issue - latest update on github should do them all now.
Old 05-01-2022, 11:54 AM   #568
jakka351

Quote:
I like your test bench Jakka, where can I get one?
From 2009
Old 07-01-2022, 05:06 PM   #569
ABS351

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whiteford View Post
I'm just an ordinary guy, living in an extraordinary world

LOl, as i said immunity indeed :-)
Old 07-01-2022, 05:20 PM   #570
jakka351