Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > The Sales Yard > Spare Parts and Other Accessory Items > Genuine Ford Parts

Genuine Ford Parts A forum for the purchase of genuine Ford parts via an AFF member.

Old 27-09-2021, 03:12 PM   #1
James 1
Starter Motor

Default WANTED 2011 FPV wheels

Looking to buy two front wheels as fitted to 2011 FPV's with Miami 5.0lt engine.
These were 19x8 with 28 or 28.5 offset - in plain silver with no grey paint-outs or accents, in the 5 x twin-spoke design. I have the matching rear wheels with 36 offset, so really only need the fronts. Genuine buyer, no problem with freight costs etc.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 21n7c3i13batdm65vr36y18oh.jpg (49.4 KB, 73 views)
James 1 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-09-2021, 03:22 PM   #2
GTLEGEND
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Every advice post I visit where OP are seeking advice for their new vehicle, he is there and adds valuable support and advice for rectifying the problem. Really is a Legend. Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: The quality of information he provides is in depth and highly valued by those posting questions. 
Default Re: WANTED 2011 FPV wheels

They are GTP wheels, are looking for new or used?
GTLEGEND is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-09-2021, 03:25 PM   #3
James 1
Starter Motor

Yes - a GTP. Have to be genuine Ford. Used or new, don't really care. If used, have to be good - no rash or damage etc. Bit wary of the potential price for new or NOS rims !!
Old 27-09-2021, 03:36 PM   #4
GTLEGEND
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Every advice post I visit where OP are seeking advice for their new vehicle, he is there and adds valuable support and advice for rectifying the problem. Really is a Legend. Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: The quality of information he provides is in depth and highly valued by those posting questions. 

Genuine Rims are normally over $1000 each. Can possibly get you NOS for $850 each plus freight..
Old 27-09-2021, 03:39 PM   #5
James 1
Starter Motor

I'm interested. Do they have the centre caps with them ?? Are they boxed and packed as original ??Would appreciate photos if possible.
Old 27-09-2021, 04:12 PM   #6
GTLEGEND
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by James 1 View Post
I'm interested. Do they have the centre caps with them ?? Are they boxed and packed as original ??Would appreciate photos if possible.
I dont think they come with caps and nuts. They need to be ordered and yes they would be new in original packaging as they are coming through a Ford dealer. So unfortunately since I dont have in my possession i cannot get you pics.

Just found out I would need a VIN as they are on restriction and possibly may not be able to get.

PM me if you want to try.
Old 27-09-2021, 04:17 PM   #7
James 1
Starter Motor

Don't care about the nuts. The caps are poisonously dear - and i would want to try and get them with the wheels. I understand the bit about a dealer and photos - no problem, but have to be guaranteed they are 1). Plain Silver, and 2). Front fitment with 28 - 28.5 offset.
VIN number might be a problem - I am from Qld, but working in NSW and stuck here with Covid stuff. Give it a go.
Old 27-09-2021, 04:18 PM   #8
James 1
Starter Motor

Can you get a part number for these ??
Old 27-09-2021, 04:18 PM   #9
GT450
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Good luck with this James it will probably be a futile search as most surviving wheels would be being kept by fastidious owners in case the damage any and being the silver GTP wheel will make your search harder. Jefferson Ford still have the correct style wheel but not in the finish you want. If i were you i would give it consideration if you want your GTP to be shod in genuine FPV hardware.
GT450 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-09-2021, 04:26 PM   #10
GTLEGEND
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Don't care about the nuts. The caps are poisonously dear - and i would want to try and get them with the wheels. I understand the bit about a dealer and photos - no problem, but have to be guaranteed they are 1). Plain Silver, and 2). Front fitment with 28 - 28.5 offset.
VIN number might be a problem - I am from Qld, but working in NSW and stuck here with Covid stuff. Give it a go.
Part number is 811J1007CA, they are 19x8 not sure about the offset (rears are 19x9). Listed in catalogue as GTP. Centre caps you have a choice of two genuine FPV in blue or black, both around the $180 mark each..

Up to you...
Old 27-09-2021, 04:35 PM   #11
James 1
Starter Motor

The 19x9 were an R-Spec rear fitment. Standard GT/GT-P fitment was 19x8 all-round but with a different offset (36) on the back - same idea as for BA & BF.
I don't want to get into all that though - just want to make sure I am looking at plain silver rims with the 28 - 28.5 offset for the front.
To be honest, I think the wider offset rear rims would fit OK on the front of an FG without fouling the guards like they did in the BA's. but not entirely certain.
If I can't swing a deal with the caps - fair enough.
Old 27-09-2021, 04:48 PM   #12
GTLEGEND
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Here are all the FG2 19" Wheels available, you can decide which one you want. I do not belive that the front wheels are any different to the rear in terms of off set unless you have the staggered 19x8/19x9 like they did on R Spec, GTF and FGX XR8/Sprint, but I could be wrong.

FG2 19 Wheels 1.PNG

FG2 19 Wheels 2.PNG
Old 27-09-2021, 04:57 PM   #13
James 1
Starter Motor

I don't really want to get into long-winded back-and-forth about all this, but I have owned a number of GT-P's in all models and they have all had different offsets front and back - 28 and 36 +/-.
If you look closely at the listings you will see some of them are named as front or rear - which is a bit of a give-away.
The offset is cast into the back of the rims. Is it possible for the dealer to simply look at the back of the wheel and let us know what is on it ??
Old 27-09-2021, 05:02 PM   #14
GTLEGEND
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Can try and get images but dealer does not have stock, will need to come out of Ford themselves.

All the wheels labelled rear are 19x9s.

Let me see what i can find out..
Old 27-09-2021, 05:12 PM   #15
James 1
Starter Motor

As I said - don't want to argue about any of this. But if you look you will see some of the 19x8's labelled as front only - so something is going on there. I should think Ford and their dealerships should know this information - but I have spoken to dealerships and generally they have no idea what they are talking about, unfortunately.
I don't need an image or photo - just someone to look and confirm the offset marked in the casting. Should not be difficult.
Old 27-09-2021, 06:40 PM   #16
GTLEGEND
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Hey mate, not arguing just pointing out what is shown on the catalogue so we can try to get you the right ones.

I have asked my contact for the information, see what they come back with.

Yes there are wheels there with front only written in it and from what I can see is for vehicles that have the staggered front/rear so you don't accidentally order the rear for the front or vice versa.

Lets see what they come back with and we can go from there.

Which colour caps were you chasing also? Blue or Black.

What part of NSW are you stuck in?
Old 27-09-2021, 06:48 PM   #17
James 1
Starter Motor

That's all OK. It's just that I know exactly what I am looking for, which is why I gave the precise description and photograph right at the start. I have owned these cars and do know how they were specified. Unfortunately catalogue listings do not tell the whole story. And the dates on the side of the listings can be misleading.
Anyway, we'll wait and see. And thanks for your efforts so far.
Old 28-09-2021, 02:40 PM   #18
GTLEGEND
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
That's all OK. It's just that I know exactly what I am looking for, which is why I gave the precise description and photograph right at the start. I have owned these cars and do know how they were specified. Unfortunately catalogue listings do not tell the whole story. And the dates on the side of the listings can be misleading.
Anyway, we'll wait and see. And thanks for your efforts so far.
Confirm all silver..

Writing on rear of wheel is 19x8J(ISO) 36.5P 81281007AA 81171007AC/CB/FA
Old 28-09-2021, 09:03 PM   #19
James 1
Starter Motor

Alright - that's what they've got. I'm not against the wider offset, as later FG's and FGX's had the wider offset fitted to them front and back - but I am wary and don't want to waste money on something that might not be right. I am 100% certain about the offsets on BA/BF GT's and GTP's, and 95% sure about the same applying to early 5.0lt FG's.
And I am aware that the majority of aftermarket wheels have an offset of 35 +/-.
Nobody else much has looked at this thread, but I wonder if anyone with one of these cars - unmodified - can confirm what is on the front.
Old 29-09-2021, 06:08 PM   #20
James 1
Starter Motor

I will take a punt on these wheels - as described, if you can put me in touch with the relevant dealer. The VIN number is still a problem - me being in NSW and the car being at home in Qld.
Old 29-09-2021, 08:19 PM   #21
moey747

Quote:
I will take a punt on these wheels - as described, if you can put me in touch with the relevant dealer. The VIN number is still a problem - me being in NSW and the car being at home in Qld.
You can punch in the rego into QLD Transport's website and it will give you the VIN. Make sure the VIN is 36.5 or 28.5 or 65.
and starts with a 6FP
moey747 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-09-2021, 08:22 PM   #22
James 1
Starter Motor

Thanks for that, but I know all about how to do those things. I'd like to try and keep it all "on subject" too, if that's alright.
Old 30-09-2021, 03:11 PM   #23
GT450
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

James it may help your cause if you took the advice and chatter on here a little more gracefully rather than confrontationally. There are a lot of wise men and women on this forum who like nothing more than to help fellow enthusiasts and asking advice then coming across as an expert does not help.
BA FPVs had rear wheel only 28.5 offset and 36.5 fronts after that the wheels from BF2 were the same as the fronts as far as my FPVs were concerned and i don't believe they changed. The 9" rears on the final Ford models i don't know the offset but iam sure plenty on her can tell you. Good luck with your search
GT450 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
3 users like this post:
Old 30-09-2021, 05:21 PM   #24
fordomatic
Donating Member
Donating Member1

Quote:
Originally Posted by GT450 View Post
James it may help your cause if you took the advice and chatter on here a little more gracefully rather than confrontationally. There are a lot of wise men and women on this forum who like nothing more than to help fellow enthusiasts and asking advice then coming across as an expert does not help.
BA FPVs had rear wheel only 28.5 offset and 36.5 fronts after that the wheels from BF2 were the same as the fronts as far as my FPVs were concerned and i don't believe they changed. The 9" rears on the final Ford models i don't know the offset but iam sure plenty on her can tell you. Good luck with your search
Agreed here 100% FF isn't facebook and i come on here to find out info because it's mostly a group of mature men trying to help each other out.

Plenty of people on here who will happily help, no need to treat them the way you are.
Old 30-09-2021, 06:55 PM   #25
James 1
Starter Motor

Looks like I did have my figures back-to-front, but I knew there was a difference. I was certain the different offset persisted over the years, but obviously I was mistaken. Thanks for the information - it was exactly what I was looking for. There's no offence meant to anyone, but I do like to keep the talk and information on track and on subject and from someone who had actually owned or owns the relevant car. I have a long history in the car game (older versions) and know people like to "chatter" about it all, but I have never done a lot of that. If asked a question I always give a direct answer to that question if I know, but don't get into idle chatter. Like I said, no offence - I am just a very straight-shooter. To anyone who may be offended, I apologise, but we are all different. Anyway, we got there in the end.
4 users like this post:
Old 06-10-2021, 02:42 PM   #26
GTLEGEND
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Is this what your after James 1?

https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/324818053406
Old 04-11-2021, 05:24 PM   #27
Shonky.
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I can confirm that my October 2011 car has 19 x 8 +36.5 all round and when I first bought it new I did lots of homework on the silver wheels as per OPs request. They are the same size.

My question however is about the paint on them. I always thought that the GTP had silver spokes and barrels and machine finish faces, in much the same way as mine has Grey with machine finish.

Can anyone confirm that the 2010 to 2014 GTP had a plain silver wheel, no machine face? I am considering painting mine and would like it as close to original GTP as possible.

Thanks
Shonky. is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-11-2021, 05:38 PM   #28
James 1
Starter Motor

Yes - No paint on the GT-P wheels. See pic's.
Old 04-11-2021, 07:47 PM   #29
GTLEGEND
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

The GTP wheels are painted light silver with machined surfaces similar to the GT's painted Argent inserts and machined surfaces.

You can clearly see this in the pic in the first post of this thread..
Old 04-11-2021, 07:52 PM   #30
James 1
Starter Motor

Yes, I posted the photo. Sorry - my wording might have been a bit "off" - should have said no colour paint, as in Argent, or grey etc.