Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Old 03-07-2018, 01:27 PM   #1
zeuss000
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Seies 3 Fairmont Ghia Trans cooler

Howdy Folks, I am in the process of fitting an external cooler to my Series 3 Ghia, why i mentioned the series (3) is it seems different to the series 2 ghia I have previously fitted one to. On this one there is a huge cooler almost the size of the radiator that sits in front of the radiator where i was wanting to sit the trans cooler i have just purchased. I havn't seen this extra cooler before, i'm sure it wasn't on my series 2 and i just checked on my BA GT-P and there isn't one there either. Was this large cooler only on the series 3? i guess it is for the air conditioner system.
What i was hoping to clear up, is it going to be OK to fit another largeish cooler in front of the air cond cooler? that will make 3 large coolers in there, is this going to affect the cooling to my radiator?
Cheers
Ed
zeuss000 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-07-2018, 04:04 PM   #2
ronwest
All Bran = Regular Member

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 
Default Re: Seies 3 Fairmont Ghia Trans cooler

Yeah, I fitted an external cooler in front of the aircon condenser on my AU3 Fairmont Ghia.

Had no issues over 150K kms so I'd go ahead.

edit: Check out my "Complete Auto Transmission Oil Change" how to in AU Falcon Tech resources for a pic of it.

Last edited by ronwest; 03-07-2018 at 04:09 PM.
ronwest is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 04-07-2018, 09:29 AM   #3
zeuss000
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: Seies 3 Fairmont Ghia Trans cooler

Thank you mate, just what i was looking for. Got something to do on the weekend now by the looks of it.
Cheers
Ed
zeuss000 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post: