Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 29-08-2010, 05:09 PM   #31
ZA-289
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Speechless.... absolutley speachless....

What a pathetic state we live in. I used to be a proud south aussie but some of the stupid decisions that have become as of late has really got me shaking my head...

Hopefully Les can get this decision overturned.
ZA-289 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-08-2010, 05:23 PM   #32
Saraco

Even if the organizer of the Murray Bridge Autofest ( Les Adams) got his way and the event does go ahead, I would be inclined not to drive my vehicle, around Murray Bridge, as SAPOL would probably have a vendetta, on any vehicle that looks remotely modified, on that weekend.
Saraco is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-08-2010, 05:59 PM   #33
Qwik6
Unsafe @ any Speed

I heard the Murray Police had a field day with the people leaving the Drifts at Tailem Bend yesterday.

By HEINRICH PERFORMANCE & TUNING

E Series Falcon Image Museum on FB
https://www.facebook.com/pages/E-Ser...29864000453208
Qwik6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-08-2010, 06:40 PM   #34
ZA-289
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

There is also a rural police blitz going on here at the moment, a bunch of Adelaide coppers are visting each major town and defecting people for empty washer bottles etc etc. No lies.
Old 29-08-2010, 06:41 PM   #35
Qwik6
Unsafe @ any Speed

Yeah heard this also.

By HEINRICH PERFORMANCE & TUNING

E Series Falcon Image Museum on FB
https://www.facebook.com/pages/E-Ser...29864000453208
Qwik6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-08-2010, 07:08 PM   #36
Foylema
BOOST

Operation Revenue Raise!
Old 02-09-2010, 06:24 PM   #37
les adams
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Last edited by les adams; 02-09-2010 at 06:29 PM.
les adams is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-09-2010, 06:53 PM   #38
ZA-289
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Sorted then les?
Old 02-09-2010, 07:00 PM   #39
Iggypoppin'
Chasing a FORD project!

Let's hope so!
Game. Reinvented.

1996 BMW 740iL V8. TV, phone, leather, sunroof, satnav, all as standard. Now with 19" TSW Brooklands, 2 1/2" stainless steel exhaust, plus more coming soon.
Iggypoppin' is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-09-2010, 07:42 PM   #40
04redxr8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iggypoppin'
The money from leasing/selling would run into the millions, it's crazy that they don't accept, not to mention the jobs and other small business profits that would occur. I mean, seriously, imagine all the tuners, workshops, etc, that would profit from this. People spending big dollars on building drag cars, getting them tuned, etc. The people organizing and running the once a week drags, etc.
It's crazy the mentality and sheer stubborness that rann displays. No no no no no no. Why?? You don't wish to create jobs, help lower the road deaths, create income for the gov, what the hell are you doing in power??
Nutter.
I am very vocal about this. Being so close to the whole thing, it makes me angry watching very little progress being made. Smarten up your ideas mr rann, as I am sick to death of your stupidity.
Sorry, but I don't understand this post. The money generated from selling the land for developement, and the resulting taxes, rates and other Gov. charges would greater exceed any money that motorsport would ever hop to generate.

On the topic of the closure of the event. We, the people of Australia have no one to blame but ourselves. This will keep on going, and happening more and more often. Everytime a do-gooder minority have a win, it will make harder for groups outside the ''norm'' to get what they want.

We have sat back and taken it time and time again. Now the powers that be think they can do it any time they choose.

From reading the OP, is it just one person (a Police officer) tying to close it down? Until this Country unites and fights for its rights, whinging on a forum will achieve nothing other venting. Nothing will change, nothing will improve, and our voices will never be heard.
04redxr8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-09-2010, 10:12 PM   #41
Matt47569
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by foylema
Operation Revenue Raise!
much like task force diagonals operation defect the **** out of everyone for having dark coloured brake fluid with and i quote "shiney" bits in it

my face when he put the sticker on

Old 02-09-2010, 10:25 PM   #42
Franco Cozzo
Thailand Specials

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt47569
much like task force diagonals operation defect the **** out of everyone for having dark coloured brake fluid with and i quote "shiney" bits in it

my face when he put the sticker on

Thats odd because every manufacturer has a different recommended interval for replacing brake fluid and brake fluid comes in multiple colours which turn different again as they age.

I call BS defect.
Franco Cozzo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-09-2010, 10:32 PM   #43
Matt47569
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

mate he was full of it just wanted to fill his quota.. the inspector that looked over the car laughed and agreed with me. cops here in SA do what they want and dont give a ****
Old 02-09-2010, 11:38 PM   #44
LOWBA6
Captain Capilano

Should try living in Port Augusta atm... 22 extra coppers in town all over the place defecting everyone for anything. People getting fined for having their shopping on the back seat "unrestrained load". Cars being defected for washer fluid bottles being empty. Im too bloody scared to take my car out!
LOWBA6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-09-2010, 12:08 AM   #45
nachoman

oh dear
" unrestrained load of what ... weetbix , laundry powder, cat food and milk "
nachoman is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-09-2010, 12:25 AM   #46
FTRXR8

Good ole Adelaide, never misses a chance to rain on a parade!
Tint
USA Focus ST Carbon Fibre shifter
Mountune Symposer Delete
Blue ST Badging
FTRXR8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-09-2010, 10:40 AM   #47
LOWBA6
Captain Capilano

Quote:
Originally Posted by nachoman
oh dear
" unrestrained load of what ... weetbix , laundry powder, cat food and milk "
Pretty much.. i can see why it shouldn't be on the backseat, it can be dangerous in an accident. But there's no need to go handing out ridiculous fines because its just stupid. There would be nothing wrong with a caution an say put it in the boot. All of this in the interest of "road safety" my ****.... The local coppers are usually pretty good, if ya being an idiot you get done. Be sensible and you have no problems.
LOWBA6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-09-2010, 07:13 PM   #48
blackxrsix

Kadina had the same blitz last week a mate of mine got a $250 fine for having a empty coke can in the back of his ute (unrestrained load) what a load of crap.
www.aussiespeed.com
blackxrsix is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-09-2010, 07:18 PM   #49
Franco Cozzo
Thailand Specials

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackxrsix
Kadina had the same blitz last week a mate of mine got a $250 fine for having a empty coke can in the back of his ute (unrestrained load) what a load of crap.
I laughed so hard, can't these "task forces" be put towards better use other than revenue raising? How about using those resources to help out the general duties guys.

I'm surprised they havent picked up this sort of thing in Victoria yet, I had a 100kg+ loaded toolbox and a big rollcab in the back of my Dad's Mazda 323, no one thought anything of it. To fit them both in, the rear seats had to be lowered and the toolbox was right behind the front two seats, with the rollcab going all the way back to the hatch, just fit in.
Franco Cozzo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-09-2010, 07:50 PM   #50
Matt47569
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
wat..
Old 03-09-2010, 08:12 PM   #51
blueovalbits

Huge blitz in S.A. this week, hundreds booked. They must all want a raise or the commissioner must have an overseas holiday to pay for or something...besides the usual lights not working, gas tank out of date etc. Some classics are a car down the riverland getting defected for faded paint on it's bonnet, a car trailer getting defected at Pt Wakefield for not enough brake fluid in the reservoir, car's getting defected because the cop "thought" it was too loud, cops waiting outside shopping centres at Port Pirie watching people putting their shopping on the back seat then doing them for it when they leave and my favourite so far a 74 year old bloke got fined (his first offence ever) in Moonta getting done for having his mobile phone on the dash and an "unrestrained" iced coffee on the passenger seat!
I also heard today about 80 fines were issued for talking on a mobile phone in a car with the motor running while stationary...apparently that is illegal as you are "still in control of the vehicle if the motor is running".
Old 04-09-2010, 02:56 AM   #52
Matt47569
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

this makes me sick..
Old 04-09-2010, 08:46 AM   #53
04redxr8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
That is ridiculous. That coppers parents should get the same fine regarding their idiot son. Thats one load that should truly have been restrained. The copper)
04redxr8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-09-2010, 07:33 PM   #54
blownvn
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I hope people start challenging these unrestrained load fines.
blownvn is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-09-2010, 01:25 AM   #55
randel
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
i call bs - would like to see the ticket

Toys - 351 XY Falcon and FG GT
randel is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-10-2010, 08:53 AM   #56
nachoman

any news on the motorplex, saw a bit on the news a couple of weeks ago , cant recall correctly but i think it mentioned something about loss of classic adelaide as well

oh well, now that we have lance armstrong coming, we get to see Mike in his spandex...
nachoman is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-10-2010, 08:59 AM   #57
Iggypoppin'
Chasing a FORD project!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 04redxr8
Sorry, but I don't understand this post. The money generated from selling the land for developement, and the resulting taxes, rates and other Gov. charges would greater exceed any money that motorsport would ever hop to generate.

On the topic of the closure of the event. We, the people of Australia have no one to blame but ourselves. This will keep on going, and happening more and more often. Everytime a do-gooder minority have a win, it will make harder for groups outside the ''norm'' to get what they want.

We have sat back and taken it time and time again. Now the powers that be think they can do it any time they choose.

From reading the OP, is it just one person (a Police officer) tying to close it down? Until this Country unites and fights for its rights, whinging on a forum will achieve nothing other venting. Nothing will change, nothing will improve, and our voices will never be heard.
I was referring to money back into the community(jobs created etc) rather than money to the government.
Game. Reinvented.

1996 BMW 740iL V8. TV, phone, leather, sunroof, satnav, all as standard. Now with 19" TSW Brooklands, 2 1/2" stainless steel exhaust, plus more coming soon.
Iggypoppin' is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-10-2010, 10:40 AM   #58
OLDFORDNUT
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

good old Adelaide, i lived there for six months in 1986 and could not wait for my lease to end so i could get the FalconHell out of there,and your saying its worse now ,"WOW " hard to imagine,
OLDFORDNUT is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-10-2010, 11:03 AM   #59
b0son
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by krt10
really is stupid. spose people will just take it to the streets
the issue could be people taking it to the streets during the event? Chryslers on the Murray had a few idiots racing on street during the event, the riots at Calder ... it all adds up to give these events a bad rep.
b0son is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-10-2010, 07:36 PM   #60
krt10
eskyman

Quote:
Originally Posted by b0son
the issue could be people taking it to the streets during the event? Chryslers on the Murray had a few idiots racing on street during the event, the riots at Calder ... it all adds up to give these events a bad rep.

yep. its the minority that spoils it for us all