Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 24-10-2010, 01:49 PM   #31
SLO-04L
It Never Ends

Quote:
Originally Posted by nfury8
i find it very hard to believe these little suckers caused the damage you describe, oh and nankangs are SH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!T
Really?? ever hit one while cutting a corner at 20-30km/h feels bad enough let alone at 100km/h from on coming direction!
SLO-04L is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-10-2010, 02:31 PM   #32
Peter B - CV8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Got a few of those around my area. They are much bigger than your normal "lane marker". Imagine a sliced football lengthways - thats about their size & height. They are used in my area to prevent people making 2 lanes out of a one lane road (especially at or near intersections). From my obseravtions over the past 6 months, aprox 10% of them subsequently become detached from the road surface (they appear to be held on with molten tar/mastic).
Peter B - CV8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-10-2010, 04:30 PM   #33
v8falconsrule
Blue ~oval~ Blooded!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nfury8
i find it very hard to believe these little suckers caused the damage you describe, oh and nankangs are SH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!T

remember the vehicle is doing 95- 100 km\h.....little yellow missile probably doing close to same, in opposite direction = 180-200kmh closing speed.

hit anything at those speeds and stuffs gonna break.

50th Anniv G6E Turbo in Sensation
Cobalt blue 94 ED XR8 Sprint- resto/ project
v8falconsrule is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-10-2010, 08:22 PM   #34
svo supporter
Fixing Ford's **** ups

Nankangs being ****? I've read on this forum where some people think they're the bees knees.

When it comes to tyres, everyone has their own personal opinion of what's good and what's crap. If everyone liked the same tyre, there would be a lot of unemployed people in the industry and alot less querying on this forum about tyres.

Please read the manual carefully, as the these manufacturers spent millions of dollars making sure it is perfect.....Now why are there so many problems with my car, when I follow the instructions to the letter?....Answer, majority rules round here

Lock me up and throw away the key because I'm a hoon....I got caught doing 59 in a 60 zone
svo supporter is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-10-2010, 08:58 PM   #35
GORDZ
OMGORDZ

ive found nangkangs great tyres. just they last 5 months. id fit them to my next set of steelies without A second thought

BA XR6 Ute, twin throttlebodied blueprint.
GORDZ is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-10-2010, 06:11 PM   #36
Ibrox90
Banned

like i said for cheapys they are exceptional

HIS
THUNDER
2004 BA XR8
Blueprint

Mods:
Quad Exhaust, Hi-Flow Air filter, BFtiming chain tensioners, Billet Oil pump gears
stage 2 shift kit, riding on G6ET 18's

HERS
FLASH
BA MKII XR6 Turbo
Phantom Purple
Typhoon front end

Parking your ford after a long day of being Awesome
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Parkin...37774932974038
Ibrox90 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post