Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

View Poll Results: which tradie 4x4 dual cab to buy?
isuzu d-max 5 10.42%
triton 19 39.58%
hilux 17 35.42%
navara d22 7 14.58%
Voters: 48. You may not vote on this poll

Old 24-10-2010, 04:07 PM   #31
JC807
sucksqueezebangblow

when doing your leasing calculations though, there isn't a huge difference paying $31k or $38k (isuzu LS-M).

like most people buying a commercial vehicle I just want something reliable that doesn't feel like it must be babied.

getting things fixed under warranty can still cost a lot of money with downtime organising rental, moving tools around etc.
Old 24-10-2010, 07:42 PM   #32
Falcon Coupe
Clevo Mafia Inc.

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: The exceptional contribution made to AFF over an extended period of time. Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Your tireless efforts behind the scenes in keeping AFF the place it is. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebxr8240
Good luck...
With what exactly, the next 5 years of trouble free daily towing ?
Falcon Coupe is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-10-2010, 07:50 PM   #33
99AUXR
Brad

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Installing starter motor advice on ba / bf 6cyc Falcon. 

we have ranger wildtrak, been chipped (fuel presure increased) 33% more torque and like 20% more kw, Then also extractors. Goes very very well, looks goo with new rims, tints and bullbar.
Old 24-10-2010, 08:09 PM   #34
Romulus
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Triton without a doubt. Best warranty and best 4wd system as used in Pajero.
Old 24-10-2010, 11:08 PM   #35
ebxr8240
Performance moderator

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Always willing to help out with technical advice. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Falcon Coupe
With what exactly, the next 5 years of trouble free daily towing ?
Yes maybe the newer Nissan trucks at work are lemons ??
One is good the other two are hardly on road...
07 models.. Mainly engine issues...Oil pump, injection system...
Serviced every 10k ...
Dart 330ci block turbo black pearl EBXR8 482 rwkw..
Daily driver GTE FG..
Projects http://www.fordforums.com.au/showthread.php?t=107711
http://www.fordforums.com.au/showthr...8+turbo&page=4
ebxr8240 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-10-2010, 11:41 PM   #36
drew`SEVNT5
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I have had D-Max work utes for the past year.

Not a bad rig, but having only ever owned a ******** of Alfa's and a XR6T, there not my sorta thing.

Problems I have had with my D-Max's (had 4x2 SX man, 4x2 LS-U auto, 4x4 LS-M man): Centre Console can break its mounts, 'leather' gearknob is falling apart after 37k on LS-M, 4x4's can have a squeel/sqeak from the front diff after driving in the rain, and my 4x4 LS-M has chopped out both shoulders of the front tyres to the point of being slick in 37k. Also, they have panels made out of paper mache, it seems.

-2011 Nissan 370z Coupe (6M)-
-2006 Husqvarna SMRR450-
drew`SEVNT5 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-10-2010, 02:12 PM   #37
castellan
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I drove from brissy to Charleville St George and back 2 months a go and thought the roads were fantastic but a friend in a 05 dual cab rodeo just did the same trip and was complaining the roads were shocking. told her to get a Ssangyong actyon dual cab they are a merc foundation with coil sprung all round. at least they ride like a car.
castellan is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post