Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Fiesta, Festiva and Ka

Old 25-01-2016, 12:36 PM   #1
csfulton

Default Fiesta WQ 2007 Randomly unlocking doors and not opening boot

Hi All,

These issues might or might not be linked.

Firstly from time to time, the boot will not open when the boot button (next to the steering) is pressed. Plus when you lock all the doors, and then open the driver do, none of the other doors will unlock unless you used pressed the key unlock.

This isn't happening all the time. Sometimes it is working normally and no one will notice any issues.

But when it has happened. I have done the diagnostic where it makes the car beep when you press any buttons or unlock/lock doors ect. It beeps each time I press the boot button but the boot doesn't open still. So it is getting a signal to open the boot. It even beeps when I unlock the driver door, and none of the other doors open.

Further testing, I had the boot opening normally using the button, but when I disconnected the driver door it would stop the boot button from working, but it was still beeping. So possibly something to do with the driver door having a faulty door maybe?

Plus where it gets worse, is while driving if the driver door is unlocked but one of the passenger doors is not the car will at a random time without any clear cause will unlock all the doors. The car indicators will also go on like someone pressed the unlock button. So I look like a tool driving down the M7 with hazards going off. I tried using the key while the engine is running, but it doesn't lock/unlock the doors while running. So its not getting a false signal. It likes doing this right after turning the car often as well. Say if I turn off the car and wait a few seconds it will then unlock all the doors and set the indicators off again. It will only do this once per trip.

Has anyone seen this before or any suggestions?
csfulton is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-01-2016, 10:39 PM   #2
Whopper
07Fiesta

Default Re: Fiesta WQ 2007 Randomly unlocking doors and not opening boot

Your not alone, i have the same problem. Except, while driving, both indicators go off, when all doors are unlocked. Boot unlock button does also he same thing. I also have a problem with the speedo. Sometimes it drops to zero while driving and comes back up after a few seconds. That is a known problem and requires the sensor to be replaced.