Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Old 20-06-2018, 12:30 PM   #1
zeuss000
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Will this oil cooler do the job?

Howdy Folks, Can anyone tell me if this tranny cooler would be OK to put on my AU Fairmont to bypass the radiator? i have just purchased the old gal and it is in beautiful condition and would really like to keep it this way, i have a cooler on my BA GT and it has always worked well but it was a lot more expensive so am hoping to save a few dollars and use this one.
Cheers
Ed

https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Black-8-...oAAOSwImRYmRpY

Last edited by zeuss000; 20-06-2018 at 12:35 PM.
zeuss000 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 20-06-2018, 02:44 PM   #2
Uncle_Ken
Next upgraded Mk1 Leopard
Donating Member1

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Always putting some imput into the forums to help or make it a bit easier for others Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 
Default Re: Will this oil cooler do the job?

As far as I know any cooler is better than stock.
UK
How 2's: Change rear view mirror, Install backfire valve, Change foam front seats, Install auto transmission cooler, Replace Trans Shift Globe, Remove front door Trim, Paint AU headlights, install door spears, Premium Rear Parcel Shelf, go here...
Uncle_Ken is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
4 users like this post:
Old 20-06-2018, 02:52 PM   #3
zeuss000
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Thank you mate, I just purchased the cooler i mentioned so will give it a burl, The car is an AU Fairmont Ghia series 3 with only 14,000 k's and in pretty much immaculate condition, been looking for a nice one for ages so am planning on keeping it really nice, starting with looking after the transmission.
Cheers
Ed
Old 20-06-2018, 03:26 PM   #4
Uncle_Ken
Next upgraded Mk1 Leopard
Donating Member1

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Always putting some imput into the forums to help or make it a bit easier for others Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeuss000 View Post
Thank you mate, I just purchased the cooler i mentioned so will give it a burl, The car is an AU Fairmont Ghia series 3 with only 14,000 k's and in pretty much immaculate condition, been looking for a nice one for ages so am planning on keeping it really nice, starting with looking after the transmission.
Cheers
Ed
Good place to start. MY XR8 has one but I installed an after market on my previous AUII for peace of mind.
Those K;s are VERY low. Got any pics?
UK
How 2's: Change rear view mirror, Install backfire valve, Change foam front seats, Install auto transmission cooler, Replace Trans Shift Globe, Remove front door Trim, Paint AU headlights, install door spears, Premium Rear Parcel Shelf, go here...
Uncle_Ken is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-06-2018, 03:57 PM   #5
zeuss000
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Hopefully this pic will work, been having issues lately uploading photos. i think they are too large.

https://imgur.com/rRoSExd
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_20180616_140754 test.jpg (155.0 KB, 16 views)
2 users like this post:
Old 20-06-2018, 06:06 PM   #6
Bill M
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

The cooler you listed has bigger dimensions than the specific AU BA PWR one so I think it would be suitable.
cheers
Bill
Old 20-06-2018, 06:35 PM   #7
macman
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I fitted the PWR brand cooler to my TE50, found it very good quality but had to make my own suitable brackets (OK if you have some nice bits of aluminium).

But this time I bought this: https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Ford-AU-...e/222390129164 for my AU Ghia and it looks like the exact same as the one you've bought, but yours was a lot cheaper than I paid. The fitting kit was excellent, the brackets only needed very minor massaging to fit and so far so good, works well.

I think you've made a good choice.
macman is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 21-06-2018, 08:37 AM   #8
zeuss000
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Thanks men.
Ed