Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Old 20-06-2018, 05:08 PM   #1
mikeeman_ford
EXR-699

Default Door Leaks

Hi Guys,

Please point me in the right direction if there is a post already. I have searched without luck.

i have an AU sedan, i am getting water on the foam insulation towards the front of the passenger door and the speaker is all rusty. The weather strips are bone dry with dust underneath them on the glass, the side mirror gaskets are also bone dry, and the rubber around the door and the door frame are also dry after an evening of rain.
The opening for the wiring on the side mirror (under the gasket) is also dusty/bone dry.

I am stumped, any suggestions where to look next?

Appreciate the help

Visit my Blog lovemyfalc.blogspot.com
RIP - AU1 1999 XR6 VCT, Forever in my heart.
mikeeman_ford is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-06-2018, 06:16 PM   #2
Mont5.0
FF.Com.Au Hardcore
Donating Member3

Default Re: Door Leaks

Take door trim off and have someone hose from outside whilst your inside??
This user likes this post:
Old 20-06-2018, 06:44 PM   #3
macman
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mont5.0 View Post
Take door trim off and have someone hose from outside whilst your inside??
Definitely this...

I had a water leak into the drivers footwell of my TE50 which I made every assumption as to how the water was getting in, even to the point of having the windscreen replaced.

Only after continued leaks, and having NO idea where it was coming through from, I ended up sitting in the car multiple times in the pouring rain or with the hose on the roof to find the leak.

Turned out water was defying gravity and getting in through a pin hole in an obscure place that I would never have found (or believed) it I hadn't seen it with my own eyes.

A pinhead of quality sikaflex seam sealer fixed it. This was after stripping the interior, removing the headliner, replacing the windscreen...
macman is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 20-06-2018, 07:47 PM   #4
mikeeman_ford
EXR-699

Thanks guys, thats the next step i guess. i am just curious if it was common...........like the awesome actuators......someone at ford dropped the ball on that one

Visit my Blog lovemyfalc.blogspot.com
RIP - AU1 1999 XR6 VCT, Forever in my heart.
mikeeman_ford is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post: